From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Arnþór Helgason
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2018 5:10 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Loosing control of NVDA

Sometimes when I am reading documents either on the Internet or in Thunderbird I loos control of NVDA. The text starts rolling down the page and I need to turn off NVDA. It cannot be restarted so I need to restart my computer.

Has anyone come across this problem?

Gene

it sounds like a buffer overflow problem.  I haven't had it happen.

Sent: Monday, June 25, 2018 5:09 PM

Sometimes when I am reading documents either on the Internet or in Thunderbird I loos control of NVDA. The text starts rolling down the page and I need to turn off NVDA. It cannot be restarted so I need to restart my computer.
Has anyone come across this problem?

John Isige

I've had something similar happen on websites sometimes, where it's
reading something and it takes a while for the control key to shut it
up. Never to the point where I had to restart though. I always thought
the machine was just busy doing something else, e.g. loading a page, so
it wasn't responding at the moment. It can be annoying, but nothing more
than that, at least for me.