Topics

can't go back to the inbox in thunderbird

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, everyone,

After reading a message in thunderbird, I couldn't go back to the inbox. I even tried to end the task with the task manager but to no avail. What could be going on?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Jacob Kruger

I open my messages in a new window to read them, and thus when I close that window, it just goes back to message listing.

Under tools menu, options, select display from list in window that comes up, and tab over to a set of radio buttons for open messages in - and, think also turned off any form of preview pane somewhere, but, can't remember exactly.

Stay well, and HTH

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
On 2016-07-27 5:58 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, everyone,

After reading a message in thunderbird, I couldn't go back to the inbox. I even tried to end the task with the task manager but to no avail. What could be going on?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Jacob,

When I went into thunderbird, I was taken to the add-ons manager instead of
the inbox. What do I do to get back to the inbox tab?

On 2016-07-27 5:58 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, everyone,

After reading a message in thunderbird, I couldn't go back to the
inbox. I even tried to end the task with the task manager but to no avail.
What could be going on?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

In Thunderbird, the preview pain setting is under view/layout and is referred to as 'message pane.'  The hot key is F8, but you should check it first under view/layout and if it is not checked then it is not present and pressing F8 would turn it on causing problems.

Hi, everyone,

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Ron,

I do have the message pane checked but I still can't go back to the inbox like I used to be able to do.

Rosemarie

On 2016-07-27 5:58 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, everyone,

After reading a message in thunderbird, I couldn't go back to the inbox. I even tried to end the task with the task manager but to no avail. What could be going on?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Ron Canazzi

To close any window in Firefox or Thunderbird, press control + W.

On 2016-07-27 5:58 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, everyone,

After reading a message in thunderbird, I couldn't go back to the
inbox. I even tried to end the task with the task manager but to no avail.
What could be going on?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Rosemarie Chavarria

Aha! I didn't think of that. Thanks for the tip.

On 2016-07-27 5:58 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, everyone,

After reading a message in thunderbird, I couldn't go back to the
inbox. I even tried to end the task with the task manager but to no avail.
What could be going on?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Rosemarie Chavarria

I just tried control W and it didn't work. I'm gonna uninstall thunderbird
for now and stay with outlook even though I don't like that program.

Rosemarie

On 2016-07-27 5:58 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, everyone,

After reading a message in thunderbird, I couldn't go back to the
inbox. I even tried to end the task with the task manager but to no avail.
What could be going on?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Ron Canazzi

Try unchecking the windows pane and see what happens.  In addition, whenever I get lost in Thunderbird, I press F6 and that takes me to the tree view of folder.  I then use up and down arrow keys to highlight the Inbox folder and tab to the list of messages.

For this to work, you must have folder pane checked under view/layout.

On 2016-07-27 5:58 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, everyone,

After reading a message in thunderbird, I couldn't go back to the inbox. I even tried to end the task with the task manager but to no avail. What could be going on?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Jacob Kruger

Ctrl+F4 is what I use to close add-ons manager, whereas alt + F4 is what use to close address book, etc.

Think add-ons manager opens in a new tab, and address book opens in a new window.

stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

Hi, Jacob,

On 2016-07-27 5:58 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, everyone,

After reading a message in thunderbird, I couldn't go back to the
inbox. I even tried to end the task with the task manager but to no avail.
What could be going on?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Kevin Cussick

press control w.

On 2016-07-27 5:58 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, everyone,

After reading a message in thunderbird, I couldn't go back to the
inbox. I even tried to end the task with the task manager but to no avail.
What could be going on?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Kevin Cussick