I've had it with Firefox

Lino Morales

Well like I said in my subject line I’ve had I

with firefox. Every site is slowith NVDa even the mobile FB site. I bit the bullet and downloaded Waterfox. Seems to work much better. May I’ll wait ti FF 70 and see how fast that will be. So long FF. Me and WF and Edge are good buddies.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sarah k Alawami

I'll sticke with FF Loving it over here. I go between that and chrome.

On Jun 28, 2018, at 10:46 AM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@...> wrote:

Well like I said in my subject line I’ve had I

with firefox. Every site is slowith NVDa even the mobile FB site. I bit the bullet and downloaded Waterfox. Seems to work much better. May I’ll wait ti FF 70 and see how fast that will be. So long FF. Me and WF and Edge are good buddies.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Lino Morales

How slow is it for you? You are running a Mac right? Have you ran on an actual PC 64 bit running WIN 10?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I'll sticke with FF Loving it over here. I go between that and chrome.

On Jun 28, 2018, at 10:46 AM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@...> wrote:

Well like I said in my subject line I’ve had I

with firefox. Every site is slowith NVDa even the mobile FB site. I bit the bullet and downloaded Waterfox. Seems to work much better. May I’ll wait ti FF 70 and see how fast that will be. So long FF. Me and WF and Edge are good buddies.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sarah k Alawami

I have. And no I  do not run firefox on the mac. I can't. But yeah firefox is  snappy  on my win 10 64 bit machine.

On Jun 28, 2018, at 11:31 AM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@...> wrote:

How slow is it for you? You are running a Mac right? Have you ran on an actual PC 64 bit running WIN 10?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I'll sticke with FF Loving it over here. I go between that and chrome.

On Jun 28, 2018, at 10:46 AM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@...> wrote:

Well like I said in my subject line I’ve had I
with firefox. Every site is slowith NVDa even the mobile FB site. I bit the bullet and downloaded Waterfox. Seems to work much better. May I’ll wait ti FF 70 and see how fast that will be. So long FF. Me and WF and Edge are good buddies.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Lino Morales

That’s odd cause its not snappy here and I’m running Insider builds.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I'll sticke with FF Loving it over here. I go between that and chrome.

On Jun 28, 2018, at 10:46 AM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@...> wrote:

Well like I said in my subject line I’ve had I
with firefox. Every site is slowith NVDa even the mobile FB site. I bit the bullet and downloaded Waterfox. Seems to work much better. May I’ll wait ti FF 70 and see how fast that will be. So long FF. Me and WF and Edge are good buddies.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sarah k Alawami

Yeah I'm not. I'm on what ever was released last Tuesday or updates for the public. It's quite fast here, but the 32 gigs of ram probably help a bit. I woudl just  check for updates and stuff.

On Jun 28, 2018, at 12:25 PM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@...> wrote:

That’s odd cause its not snappy here and I’m running Insider builds.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I'll sticke with FF Loving it over here. I go between that and chrome.

On Jun 28, 2018, at 10:46 AM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@...> wrote:

Well like I said in my subject line I’ve had I
with firefox. Every site is slowith NVDa even the mobile FB site. I bit the bullet and downloaded Waterfox. Seems to work much better. May I’ll wait ti FF 70 and see how fast that will be. So long FF. Me and WF and Edge are good buddies.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Lino Morales

Wow 32 GB? I’m running 8 of ram.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I'll sticke with FF Loving it over here. I go between that and chrome.

On Jun 28, 2018, at 10:46 AM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@...> wrote:

Well like I said in my subject line I’ve had I
with firefox. Every site is slowith NVDa even the mobile FB site. I bit the bullet and downloaded Waterfox. Seems to work much better. May I’ll wait ti FF 70 and see how fast that will be. So long FF. Me and WF and Edge are good buddies.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

bob jutzi <jutzi1@...>

How much memory do you have in your system? I'm running a 3.7ghz Core i3, total of 12MB available, and Windows 10 64. Othre than a little lag when loading a page into Browse Mode, no new issues with V60 of Firefox. One annoying issue I've always had with FF is some sites, such as Pizzahut.com require setting Page Styles to None in order for all links to be recognized by NVDA. There may be workarounds for this, just not aware of them. I still prefer the Fox over Edge or Internet Exploder.

Sent fromMail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>for Windows 10

On Jun 28, 2018, at 10:46 AM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@gmail.com <mailto:linomorales001@gmail.com>> wrote:

Well like I said in my subject line I’ve had I
with firefox. Every site is slowith NVDa even the mobile FB site. I bit the bullet and downloaded Waterfox. Seems to work much better. May I’ll wait ti FF 70 and see how fast that will be. So long FF. Me and WF and Edge are good buddies.
Sent fromMail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>for Windows 10

Gene

I've seen contradictory reports over time.  Speed seems to vary based on unknown factors, even when the same version of Windows is being used.

Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2018 2:25 PM

That’s odd cause its not snappy here and I’m running Insider builds.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I'll sticke with FF Loving it over here. I go between that and chrome.

On Jun 28, 2018, at 10:46 AM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@...> wrote:

Well like I said in my subject line I’ve had I
with firefox. Every site is slowith NVDa even the mobile FB site. I bit the bullet and downloaded Waterfox. Seems to work much better. May I’ll wait ti FF 70 and see how fast that will be. So long FF. Me and WF and Edge are good buddies.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Lino Morales

Hi Bob. I’m running 8 GB of ram here.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

How much memory do you have in your system?  I'm running a 3.7ghz Core
i3, total of 12MB available, and Windows 10 64.  Othre than a little lag
when loading a page into Browse Mode, no new issues with V60 of Firefox.
  One annoying issue I've always had with FF is some sites, such as
Pizzahut.com require setting Page Styles to None in order for all links
to be recognized by NVDA.  There may be workarounds for this, just not
aware of them.  I still prefer the Fox over Edge or Internet Exploder.

On 6/28/2018 3:18 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
> I have. And no I  do not run firefox on the mac. I can't. But yeah
> firefox is  snappy  on my win 10 64 bit machine.
>
>> On Jun 28, 2018, at 11:31 AM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@...
>> <mailto:linomorales001@...>> wrote:
>>
>> How slow is it for you? You are running a Mac right? Have you ran on
>> an actual PC 64 bit running WIN 10?
>> Sent fromMail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>for
>> Windows 10
>> *From:*nvda@nvda.groups.io

Sarah k Alawami

32 gigs of ram, 4 ghz graphics card and a6 ghz processer. Windows 10 64 bit and the latest firefox quantum.

On Jun 28, 2018, at 12:45 PM, bob jutzi <jutzi1@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

David Moore

Wow, Guys!

I am using a little netbook, an HP Stream, and I only have a 2 Ghz processor, 2 gigs of ram, and I am using Chrome with the latest Windows 10, and Chrome

Flies!

It takes a second to open, and 2 seconds to open a large page!

Maybe you should switch to Chrome.

With Firefox Quantum, It is as slow as a snail on a much more powerful laptop I have!

Just letting you know!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

32   gigs of ram, 4 ghz graphics card and a6 ghz processer. Windows 10 64 bit and  the latest firefox quantum.

> On Jun 28, 2018, at 12:45 PM, bob jutzi <jutzi1@...> wrote:

> How much memory do you have in your system?  I'm running a 3.7ghz Core i3, total of 12MB available, and Windows 10 64.  Othre than a little lag when loading a page into Browse Mode, no new issues with V60 of Firefox.  One annoying issue I've always had with FF is some sites, such as Pizzahut.com require setting Page Styles to None in order for all links to be recognized by NVDA.  There may be workarounds for this, just not aware of them.  I still prefer the Fox over Edge or Internet Exploder.

> On 6/28/2018 3:18 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

>> I have. And no I  do not run firefox on the mac. I can't. But yeah firefox is  snappy  on my win 10 64 bit machine.

>>> On Jun 28, 2018, at 11:31 AM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@... <mailto:linomorales001@...>> wrote:

>>> How slow is it for you? You are running a Mac right? Have you ran on an actual PC 64 bit running WIN 10?

>>> Sent fromMail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>for Windows 10

Devin Prater

The latest Insider builds have showed down Windows a lot, even on the desktop, arrowing around is sluggish. This may just be an Insider issue, and I have reported feedback about it.

On Jun 28, 2018, at 5:19 PM, David Moore <jesusloves1966@...> wrote:

Wow, Guys!
I am using a little netbook, an HP Stream, and I only have a 2 Ghz processor, 2 gigs of ram, and I am using Chrome with the latest Windows 10, and Chrome
Flies!
It takes a second to open, and 2 seconds to open a large page!
Maybe you should switch to Chrome.
With Firefox Quantum, It is as slow as a snail on a much more powerful laptop I have!
Just letting you know!
David Moore
Sent from Mail for Windows 10

32   gigs of ram, 4 ghz graphics card and a6 ghz processer. Windows 10 64 bit and  the latest firefox quantum.

> On Jun 28, 2018, at 12:45 PM, bob jutzi <jutzi1@...> wrote:
>
> How much memory do you have in your system?  I'm running a 3.7ghz Core i3, total of 12MB available, and Windows 10 64.  Othre than a little lag when loading a page into Browse Mode, no new issues with V60 of Firefox.  One annoying issue I've always had with FF is some sites, such as Pizzahut.comrequire setting Page Styles to None in order for all links to be recognized by NVDA.  There may be workarounds for this, just not aware of them.  I still prefer the Fox over Edge or Internet Exploder.
>
> On 6/28/2018 3:18 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
>> I have. And no I  do not run firefox on the mac. I can't. But yeah firefox is  snappy  on my win 10 64 bit machine.
>>> On Jun 28, 2018, at 11:31 AM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@...<mailto:linomorales001@...>> wrote:
>>>
>>> How slow is it for you? You are running a Mac right? Have you ran on an actual PC 64 bit running WIN 10?
>>> Sent fromMail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>for Windows 10
>>> *Sent:*Thursday, June 28, 2018 2:29:17 PM
>>> *To:*nvda list list
>>> *Subject:*Re: [nvda] I've had it with Firefox
>>> I'll sticke with FF Loving it over here. I go between that and chrome.

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

I also am having no issues with all 3 of my systems: Windows 10 64 bit; Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 7 32 bit.  Actually, the Windows 7 systems are older and somewhat slower over all, but this does not seem to affect Firefox.  Once it launches, pages load normally and reading is decent.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

It would be fascinating if anyone, and I do mean anyone, could come up with a technique that would definitively diagnose what is occurring "under the hood" that makes a given version of any particular web browser slow on one system while it flies on another that is its hardware twin (or even relatively similar hardware).

I use both Firefox and Chrome, as do many of my clients and students, and in general their behaviors on a specific computer are very similar.

Jaffar Sidek <jaffar.sidek10@...>

One thing I can't stand with latest FF is that there is a lag when I type words as I fill in a search box or fill up a form.  Happens with both Jaws and NVDA.  Cheers!

On 29/6/2018 6:19 AM, David Moore wrote:

Wow, Guys!

I am using a little netbook, an HP Stream, and I only have a 2 Ghz processor, 2 gigs of ram, and I am using Chrome with the latest Windows 10, and Chrome

Flies!

It takes a second to open, and 2 seconds to open a large page!

Maybe you should switch to Chrome.

With Firefox Quantum, It is as slow as a snail on a much more powerful laptop I have!

Just letting you know!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

32   gigs of ram, 4 ghz graphics card and a6 ghz processer. Windows 10 64 bit and  the latest firefox quantum.

> On Jun 28, 2018, at 12:45 PM, bob jutzi <jutzi1@...> wrote:

> How much memory do you have in your system?  I'm running a 3.7ghz Core i3, total of 12MB available, and Windows 10 64.  Othre than a little lag when loading a page into Browse Mode, no new issues with V60 of Firefox.  One annoying issue I've always had with FF is some sites, such as Pizzahut.com require setting Page Styles to None in order for all links to be recognized by NVDA.  There may be workarounds for this, just not aware of them.  I still prefer the Fox over Edge or Internet Exploder.

> On 6/28/2018 3:18 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

>> I have. And no I  do not run firefox on the mac. I can't. But yeah firefox is  snappy  on my win 10 64 bit machine.

>>> On Jun 28, 2018, at 11:31 AM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@... <mailto:linomorales001@...>> wrote:

>>> How slow is it for you? You are running a Mac right? Have you ran on an actual PC 64 bit running WIN 10?

>>> Sent fromMail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>for Windows 10

Oh yes Jaffar. It gets on my nerves especially when on Facebook in edit fields.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

32   gigs of ram, 4 ghz graphics card and a6 ghz processer. Windows 10 64 bit and  the latest firefox quantum.

> On Jun 28, 2018, at 12:45 PM, bob jutzi <jutzi1@...> wrote:

> How much memory do you have in your system?  I'm running a 3.7ghz Core i3, total of 12MB available, and Windows 10 64.  Othre than a little lag when loading a page into Browse Mode, no new issues with V60 of Firefox.  One annoying issue I've always had with FF is some sites, such as Pizzahut.com require setting Page Styles to None in order for all links to be recognized by NVDA.  There may be workarounds for this, just not aware of them.  I still prefer the Fox over Edge or Internet Exploder.

> On 6/28/2018 3:18 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

>> I have. And no I  do not run firefox on the mac. I can't. But yeah firefox is  snappy  on my win 10 64 bit machine.

>>> On Jun 28, 2018, at 11:31 AM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@... <mailto:linomorales001@...>> wrote:

>>> How slow is it for you? You are running a Mac right? Have you ran on an actual PC 64 bit running WIN 10?

>>> Sent fromMail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>for Windows 10

It will be interesting to see what happens over time.  Recently, I saw one or two articles from sighted reviewers, saying that Firefox is back and its redesign makes it competetive with Chrome again.  So those who don't use it now might want to try new versions over time to see if the accessibility problems, which are causing slowness, are resolved.  For sighted users, according to what I've read, Firefox is very fast now.

32   gigs of ram, 4 ghz graphics card and a6 ghz processer. Windows 10 64 bit and  the latest firefox quantum.

> On Jun 28, 2018, at 12:45 PM, bob jutzi <jutzi1@...> wrote:

> How much memory do you have in your system?  I'm running a 3.7ghz Core i3, total of 12MB available, and Windows 10 64.  Othre than a little lag when loading a page into Browse Mode, no new issues with V60 of Firefox.  One annoying issue I've always had with FF is some sites, such as Pizzahut.com require setting Page Styles to None in order for all links to be recognized by NVDA.  There may be workarounds for this, just not aware of them.  I still prefer the Fox over Edge or Internet Exploder.

> On 6/28/2018 3:18 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

>> I have. And no I  do not run firefox on the mac. I can't. But yeah firefox is  snappy  on my win 10 64 bit machine.

>>> On Jun 28, 2018, at 11:31 AM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@... <mailto:linomorales001@...>> wrote:

>>> How slow is it for you? You are running a Mac right? Have you ran on an actual PC 64 bit running WIN 10?

>>> Sent fromMail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>for Windows 10

Jackie

Makes me wonder whether or not certain FF addons are causing problems.
Might those who are having problems try going into FF w/safe mode on,
ie, instead of pressing enter on the desktop shortcut press
shift-enter & see if it makes any difference?

Having said that, I'm having some sort of difficulty which, when I
have a few FF windows open, the computer sometimes just restarts. I'm
not seeing anything in the logs that's helpful. I'm gonna have to look
further. Torques me off, cuz I've got lots of stuff going on right
now.

It will be interesting to see what happens over time. Recently, I saw one
or two articles from sighted reviewers, saying that Firefox is back and its
redesign makes it competetive with Chrome again. So those who don't use it
now might want to try new versions over time to see if the accessibility
problems, which are causing slowness, are resolved. For sighted users,
according to what I've read, Firefox is very fast now.

32 gigs of ram, 4 ghz graphics card and a6 ghz processer. Windows 10 64
bit and the latest firefox quantum.

> On Jun 28, 2018, at 12:45 PM, bob jutzi <jutzi1@gmail.com> wrote:

> How much memory do you have in your system? I'm running a 3.7ghz Core
i3, total of 12MB available, and Windows 10 64. Othre than a little lag
when loading a page into Browse Mode, no new issues with V60 of Firefox.
One annoying issue I've always had with FF is some sites, such as
Pizzahut.com require setting Page Styles to None in order for all links to
be recognized by NVDA. There may be workarounds for this, just not aware of
them. I still prefer the Fox over Edge or Internet Exploder.

> On 6/28/2018 3:18 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

>> I have. And no I do not run firefox on the mac. I can't. But yeah
firefox is snappy on my win 10 64 bit machine.

>>> On Jun 28, 2018, at 11:31 AM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@gmail.com
<mailto:linomorales001@gmail.com>> wrote:

>>> How slow is it for you? You are running a Mac right? Have you ran on
an actual PC 64 bit running WIN 10?

>>> Sent fromMail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>for
Windows 10

>>> *From:*nvda@nvda.groups.io
>>> I'll sticke with FF Loving it over here. I go between that and
chrome.

bit the bullet and downloaded Waterfox. Seems to work much better. May I’ll
wait ti FF 70 and see how fast that will be. So long FF. Me and WF and Edge
are good buddies.

Windows 10

Jackie McBride
https://brighter-vision.com

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Lino,

I use waterfox and it works great for me. It's a bit faster than firefox and I like that.

Rosemarie