I've had it with Firefox

Lino Morales

Well like I said in my subject line I’ve had I

with firefox. Every site is slowith NVDa even the mobile FB site. I bit the bullet and downloaded Waterfox. Seems to work much better. May I’ll wait ti FF 70 and see how fast that will be. So long FF. Me and WF and Edge are good buddies.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sarah k Alawami

I'll sticke with FF Loving it over here. I go between that and chrome.

On Jun 28, 2018, at 10:46 AM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@...> wrote:

with firefox. Every site is slowith NVDa even the mobile FB site. I bit the bullet and downloaded Waterfox. Seems to work much better. May I’ll wait ti FF 70 and see how fast that will be. So long FF. Me and WF and Edge are good buddies.

Lino Morales

How slow is it for you? You are running a Mac right? Have you ran on an actual PC 64 bit running WIN 10?

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...>
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2018 2:29:17 PM
To: nvda list list
Subject: Re: [nvda] I've had it with Firefox

Sarah k Alawami

I have. And no I  do not run firefox on the mac. I can't. But yeah firefox is  snappy  on my win 10 64 bit machine.

On Jun 28, 2018, at 11:31 AM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@...> wrote:

How slow is it for you? You are running a Mac right? Have you ran on an actual PC 64 bit running WIN 10?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...>
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2018 2:29:17 PM
To: nvda list list
Subject: Re: [nvda] I've had it with Firefox

Lino Morales

That’s odd cause its not snappy here and I’m running Insider builds.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...>
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2018 3:18:18 PM

I have. And no I  do not run firefox on the mac. I can't. But yeah firefox is  snappy  on my win 10 64 bit machine.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...>

Sarah k Alawami

Yeah I'm not. I'm on what ever was released last Tuesday or updates for the public. It's quite fast here, but the 32 gigs of ram probably help a bit. I woudl just  check for updates and stuff.

On Jun 28, 2018, at 12:25 PM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@...> wrote:

Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2018 3:18:18 PM

Lino Morales

Wow 32 GB? I’m running 8 of ram.

Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2018 3:37:55 PM

Yeah I'm not. I'm on what ever was released last Tuesday or updates for the public. It's quite fast here, but the 32 gigs of ram probably help a bit. I woudl just  check for updates and stuff.

On Jun 28, 2018, at 12:25 PM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@...> wrote:

Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2018 3:18:18 PM

bob jutzi <jutzi1@...>

How much memory do you have in your system? I'm running a 3.7ghz Core i3, total of 12MB available, and Windows 10 64. Othre than a little lag when loading a page into Browse Mode, no new issues with V60 of Firefox. One annoying issue I've always had with FF is some sites, such as Pizzahut.com require setting Page Styles to None in order for all links to be recognized by NVDA. There may be workarounds for this, just not aware of them. I still prefer the Fox over Edge or Internet Exploder.

On 6/28/2018 3:18 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
I have. And no I do not run firefox on the mac. I can't. But yeah firefox is snappy on my win 10 64 bit machine.

On Jun 28, 2018, at 11:31 AM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@gmail.com <mailto:linomorales001@gmail.com>> wrote:

Sent fromMail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>for Windows 10
------------------------------------------------------------------------
*From:*nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io><nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>> on behalf of Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@gmail.com <mailto:marrie12@gmail.com>>
*Sent:*Thursday, June 28, 2018 2:29:17 PM
*To:*nvda list list
*Subject:*Re: [nvda] I've had it with Firefox

On Jun 28, 2018, at 10:46 AM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@gmail.com <mailto:linomorales001@gmail.com>> wrote:

Gene

I've seen contradictory reports over time.  Speed seems to vary based on unknown factors, even when the same version of Windows is being used.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2018 2:25 PM

Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2018 3:18:18 PM

Lino Morales

Hi Bob. I’m running 8 GB of ram here.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of bob jutzi <jutzi1@...>
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2018 3:45:05 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

How much memory do you have in your system?  I'm running a 3.7ghz Core
i3, total of 12MB available, and Windows 10 64.  Othre than a little lag
when loading a page into Browse Mode, no new issues with V60 of Firefox.
  One annoying issue I've always had with FF is some sites, such as
Pizzahut.com require setting Page Styles to None in order for all links
to be recognized by NVDA.  There may be workarounds for this, just not
aware of them.  I still prefer the Fox over Edge or Internet Exploder.

> I have. And no I  do not run firefox on the mac. I can't. But yeah
> firefox is  snappy  on my win 10 64 bit machine.
>
>> On Jun 28, 2018, at 11:31 AM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@...
>> <mailto:linomorales001@...>> wrote:
>>
>> How slow is it for you? You are running a Mac right? Have you ran on
>> an actual PC 64 bit running WIN 10?
>> Sent fromMail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>for
>> Windows 10
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> *From:*nvda@nvda.groups.io
>> <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io><nvda@nvda.groups.io
>> <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>> on behalf of Sarah k Alawami
>> <marrie12@... <mailto:marrie12@...>>
>> *Sent:*Thursday, June 28, 2018 2:29:17 PM
>> *To:*nvda list list
>> *Subject:*Re: [nvda] I've had it with Firefox
>> I'll sticke with FF Loving it over here. I go between that and chrome.
>>
>>> On Jun 28, 2018, at 10:46 AM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@...
>>> <mailto:linomorales001@...>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Well like I said in my subject line I’ve had I
>>> with firefox. Every site is slowith NVDa even the mobile FB site. I
>>> bit the bullet and downloaded Waterfox. Seems to work much better.
>>> May I’ll wait ti FF 70 and see how fast that will be. So long FF. Me
>>> and WF and Edge are good buddies.
>>> Sent fromMail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>for
>>> Windows 10
>>
>
>

Sarah k Alawami

32 gigs of ram, 4 ghz graphics card and a6 ghz processer. Windows 10 64 bit and the latest firefox quantum.

On Jun 28, 2018, at 12:45 PM, bob jutzi <jutzi1@gmail.com> wrote:

How much memory do you have in your system? I'm running a 3.7ghz Core i3, total of 12MB available, and Windows 10 64. Othre than a little lag when loading a page into Browse Mode, no new issues with V60 of Firefox. One annoying issue I've always had with FF is some sites, such as Pizzahut.com require setting Page Styles to None in order for all links to be recognized by NVDA. There may be workarounds for this, just not aware of them. I still prefer the Fox over Edge or Internet Exploder.

I have. And no I do not run firefox on the mac. I can't. But yeah firefox is snappy on my win 10 64 bit machine.
On Jun 28, 2018, at 11:31 AM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@gmail.com <mailto:linomorales001@gmail.com>> wrote:

*From:*nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io><nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>> on behalf of Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@gmail.com <mailto:marrie12@gmail.com>>
*Sent:*Thursday, June 28, 2018 2:29:17 PM
*To:*nvda list list
*Subject:*Re: [nvda] I've had it with Firefox

On Jun 28, 2018, at 10:46 AM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@gmail.com <mailto:linomorales001@gmail.com>> wrote:

David Moore

Wow, Guys!

I am using a little netbook, an HP Stream, and I only have a 2 Ghz processor, 2 gigs of ram, and I am using Chrome with the latest Windows 10, and Chrome

Flies!

It takes a second to open, and 2 seconds to open a large page!

Maybe you should switch to Chrome.

With Firefox Quantum, It is as slow as a snail on a much more powerful laptop I have!

Just letting you know!

David Moore

Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2018 4:41 PM

32   gigs of ram, 4 ghz graphics card and a6 ghz processer. Windows 10 64 bit and  the latest firefox quantum.

> On Jun 28, 2018, at 12:45 PM, bob jutzi <jutzi1@...> wrote:

>

> How much memory do you have in your system?  I'm running a 3.7ghz Core i3, total of 12MB available, and Windows 10 64.  Othre than a little lag when loading a page into Browse Mode, no new issues with V60 of Firefox.  One annoying issue I've always had with FF is some sites, such as Pizzahut.com require setting Page Styles to None in order for all links to be recognized by NVDA.  There may be workarounds for this, just not aware of them.  I still prefer the Fox over Edge or Internet Exploder.

>

> On 6/28/2018 3:18 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

>> I have. And no I  do not run firefox on the mac. I can't. But yeah firefox is  snappy  on my win 10 64 bit machine.

>>> On Jun 28, 2018, at 11:31 AM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@... <mailto:linomorales001@...>> wrote:

>>>

>>> How slow is it for you? You are running a Mac right? Have you ran on an actual PC 64 bit running WIN 10?

>>> Sent fromMail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>for Windows 10

>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>> *From:*nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io><nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>> on behalf of Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@... <mailto:marrie12@...>>

>>> *Sent:*Thursday, June 28, 2018 2:29:17 PM

>>> *To:*nvda list list

>>> *Subject:*Re: [nvda] I've had it with Firefox

>>> I'll sticke with FF Loving it over here. I go between that and chrome.

>>>

>>>> On Jun 28, 2018, at 10:46 AM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@... <mailto:linomorales001@...>> wrote:

>>>>

>>>> Well like I said in my subject line I’ve had I

>>>> with firefox. Every site is slowith NVDa even the mobile FB site. I bit the bullet and downloaded Waterfox. Seems to work much better. May I’ll wait ti FF 70 and see how fast that will be. So long FF. Me and WF and Edge are good buddies.

>>>> Sent fromMail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>for Windows 10

>>>

>

>

>

>

Devin Prater

The latest Insider builds have showed down Windows a lot, even on the desktop, arrowing around is sluggish. This may just be an Insider issue, and I have reported feedback about it.

On Jun 28, 2018, at 5:19 PM, David Moore <jesusloves1966@...> wrote:

Wow, Guys!
I am using a little netbook, an HP Stream, and I only have a 2 Ghz processor, 2 gigs of ram, and I am using Chrome with the latest Windows 10, and Chrome
Flies!
With Firefox Quantum, It is as slow as a snail on a much more powerful laptop I have!
Just letting you know!
David Moore

Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2018 4:41 PM

32   gigs of ram, 4 ghz graphics card and a6 ghz processer. Windows 10 64 bit and  the latest firefox quantum.

>
> How much memory do you have in your system?  I'm running a 3.7ghz Core i3, total of 12MB available, and Windows 10 64.  Othre than a little lag when loading a page into Browse Mode, no new issues with V60 of Firefox.  One annoying issue I've always had with FF is some sites, such as Pizzahut.comrequire setting Page Styles to None in order for all links to be recognized by NVDA.  There may be workarounds for this, just not aware of them.  I still prefer the Fox over Edge or Internet Exploder.
>
>> I have. And no I  do not run firefox on the mac. I can't. But yeah firefox is  snappy  on my win 10 64 bit machine.
>>> On Jun 28, 2018, at 11:31 AM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@...<mailto:linomorales001@...>> wrote:
>>>
>>> How slow is it for you? You are running a Mac right? Have you ran on an actual PC 64 bit running WIN 10?
>>> Sent fromMail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>for Windows 10
>>>
>>>> On Jun 28, 2018, at 10:46 AM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@...<mailto:linomorales001@...>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> with firefox. Every site is slowith NVDa even the mobile FB site. I bit the bullet and downloaded Waterfox. Seems to work much better. May I’ll wait ti FF 70 and see how fast that will be. So long FF. Me and WF and Edge are good buddies.
>>>> Sent fromMail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>for Windows 10
>>>
>
>
>
>

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

I also am having no issues with all 3 of my systems: Windows 10 64 bit; Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 7 32 bit.  Actually, the Windows 7 systems are older and somewhat slower over all, but this does not seem to affect Firefox.  Once it launches, pages load normally and reading is decent.

On 6/28/2018 1:46 PM, Lino Morales wrote:

-- 
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"

It would be fascinating if anyone, and I do mean anyone, could come up with a technique that would definitively diagnose what is occurring "under the hood" that makes a given version of any particular web browser slow on one system while it flies on another that is its hardware twin (or even relatively similar hardware).

I use both Firefox and Chrome, as do many of my clients and students, and in general their behaviors on a specific computer are very similar.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134  

Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always a well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong.

~ H.L. Mencken, AKA The Sage of Baltimore

Jaffar Sidek <jaffar.sidek10@...>

One thing I can't stand with latest FF is that there is a lag when I type words as I fill in a search box or fill up a form.  Happens with both Jaws and NVDA.  Cheers!

On 29/6/2018 6:19 AM, David Moore wrote:

Wow, Guys!

Flies!

Just letting you know!

David Moore

>

> How much memory do you have in your system?  I'm running a 3.7ghz Core i3, total of 12MB available, and Windows 10 64.  Othre than a little lag when loading a page into Browse Mode, no new issues with V60 of Firefox.  One annoying issue I've always had with FF is some sites, such as Pizzahut.com require setting Page Styles to None in order for all links to be recognized by NVDA.  There may be workarounds for this, just not aware of them.  I still prefer the Fox over Edge or Internet Exploder.

>

>>> On Jun 28, 2018, at 11:31 AM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@... <mailto:linomorales001@...>> wrote:

>>>

>>> *From:*nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io><nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>> on behalf of Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@... <mailto:marrie12@...>>

>>>

>>>> On Jun 28, 2018, at 10:46 AM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@... <mailto:linomorales001@...>> wrote:

>>>>

>>>

>

>

>

>

Lino Morales

Oh yes Jaffar. It gets on my nerves especially when on Facebook in edit fields.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Jaffar Sidek <jaffar.sidek10@...>
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2018 9:28:52 PM

One thing I can't stand with latest FF is that there is a lag when I type words as I fill in a search box or fill up a form.  Happens with both Jaws and NVDA.  Cheers!

Wow, Guys!

Flies!

Just letting you know!

David Moore

>

>

>>>

>>>

>>>>

>>>

>

>

>

>

Gene

It will be interesting to see what happens over time.  Recently, I saw one or two articles from sighted reviewers, saying that Firefox is back and its redesign makes it competetive with Chrome again.  So those who don't use it now might want to try new versions over time to see if the accessibility problems, which are causing slowness, are resolved.  For sighted users, according to what I've read, Firefox is very fast now.

Gene

Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2018 8:28 PM

Wow, Guys!

Flies!

Just letting you know!

David Moore

>

>

>>>

>>>

>>>>

>>>

>

>

>

>

Jackie

Makes me wonder whether or not certain FF addons are causing problems.
Might those who are having problems try going into FF w/safe mode on,
ie, instead of pressing enter on the desktop shortcut press
shift-enter & see if it makes any difference?

Having said that, I'm having some sort of difficulty which, when I
have a few FF windows open, the computer sometimes just restarts. I'm
not seeing anything in the logs that's helpful. I'm gonna have to look
further. Torques me off, cuz I've got lots of stuff going on right
now.

On 6/28/18, Gene <gsasner@ripco.com> wrote:
It will be interesting to see what happens over time. Recently, I saw one
or two articles from sighted reviewers, saying that Firefox is back and its
redesign makes it competetive with Chrome again. So those who don't use it
now might want to try new versions over time to see if the accessibility
problems, which are causing slowness, are resolved. For sighted users,
according to what I've read, Firefox is very fast now.

Gene

Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2018 8:28 PM

One thing I can't stand with latest FF is that there is a lag when I type
words as I fill in a search box or fill up a form. Happens with both Jaws
and NVDA. Cheers!

Wow, Guys!

I am using a little netbook, an HP Stream, and I only have a 2 Ghz
processor, 2 gigs of ram, and I am using Chrome with the latest Windows 10,
and Chrome

Flies!

With Firefox Quantum, It is as slow as a snail on a much more powerful
laptop I have!

Just letting you know!

David Moore

32 gigs of ram, 4 ghz graphics card and a6 ghz processer. Windows 10 64
bit and the latest firefox quantum.

> On Jun 28, 2018, at 12:45 PM, bob jutzi <jutzi1@gmail.com> wrote:

>

> How much memory do you have in your system? I'm running a 3.7ghz Core
i3, total of 12MB available, and Windows 10 64. Othre than a little lag
when loading a page into Browse Mode, no new issues with V60 of Firefox.
One annoying issue I've always had with FF is some sites, such as
Pizzahut.com require setting Page Styles to None in order for all links to
be recognized by NVDA. There may be workarounds for this, just not aware of
them. I still prefer the Fox over Edge or Internet Exploder.

>

>> I have. And no I do not run firefox on the mac. I can't. But yeah
firefox is snappy on my win 10 64 bit machine.

>>> On Jun 28, 2018, at 11:31 AM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@gmail.com
<mailto:linomorales001@gmail.com>> wrote:

>>>

>>> How slow is it for you? You are running a Mac right? Have you ran on
an actual PC 64 bit running WIN 10?

>>> Sent fromMail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>for
Windows 10

>>>

>>> *From:*nvda@nvda.groups.io
<mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io><nvda@nvda.groups.io
<mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>> on behalf of Sarah k Alawami
<marrie12@gmail.com <mailto:marrie12@gmail.com>>

>>> I'll sticke with FF Loving it over here. I go between that and
chrome.

>>>

>>>> On Jun 28, 2018, at 10:46 AM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@gmail.com
<mailto:linomorales001@gmail.com>> wrote:

>>>>

>>>> with firefox. Every site is slowith NVDa even the mobile FB site. I
bit the bullet and downloaded Waterfox. Seems to work much better. May I’ll
wait ti FF 70 and see how fast that will be. So long FF. Me and WF and Edge
are good buddies.

>>>> Sent fromMail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>for
Windows 10

>>>

>

>

>

>

--
Remember! Friends Help Friends Be Cybersafe
Jackie McBride
Helping Cybercrime Victims 1 Person at a Time
https://brighter-vision.com

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Lino,

I use waterfox and it works great for me. It's a bit faster than firefox and I like that.

Rosemarie

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lino Morales
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2018 10:47 AM
Subject: [nvda] I've had it with Firefox