NVDA AND GOOGLE CLASSROOM

Christo Vorster

Hi

Someone asked me whether NVDA is compatable with Google Classroom.

Can anyone help us with advice?

Regards

Christo (“Worcester South Africa)

Kevin Huber

Hi:
For the most part, I have found it to be accessible.
You need to be aware that in order to get a list of the Google Apps,
you have to move the mose to Google Apps ande then the list of
available apps will appear. If that doesn't work, then Press Enter on
Google Apps, then close the tab wchich just opened and the list will
appear. I would not have known this if a sighted friend had not
helped me to figure it out.
Kevin huber

On 7/28/16, Christo Vorster <christo.vorster@pioneerschool.org.za> wrote:
Hi

Someone asked me whether NVDA is compatable with Google Classroom.

Can anyone help us with advice?

Regards

Christo ("Worcester South Africa)

Also, as an FYI, virtually all of the various Google sites/web apps can be reached using the general form  {appname}.google.com if you're logged in under the account that has access to that given app.  For example:

mail.google.com

docs.google.com or drive.google.com

calendar.google.com

classroom.google.com  (which I can get to the main window, but no further, because I don't have an account for this service)

I use this technique to bring up these different Google services/apps as frequently, if not more frequently, than ever using the app launch key on any of the Google app screens.

Kevin Chao

Yes, Google Classroom is fully accessible, even with NVDA

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 8:30 AM Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

Also, as an FYI, virtually all of the various Google sites/web apps can be reached using the general form  {appname}.google.com if you're logged in under the account that has access to that given app.  For example:

mail.google.com

docs.google.com or drive.google.com

calendar.google.com

classroom.google.com  (which I can get to the main window, but no further, because I don't have an account for this service)

I use this technique to bring up these different Google services/apps as frequently, if not more frequently, than ever using the app launch key on any of the Google app screens.

Kevin Huber

Hi Brian:
That's a good point.

Thank you for the tip.
I am working with a student who is using a link that is provided by
her schoolboard to that page that I was talkking about, through which
she accesses her classroonm and the other apps that she uses.
I will see if her classroom can be accessed directly.
Kevin Huber

Also, as an FYI, virtually all of the various Google sites/web apps can be
reached using the general form {appname}.google.com if you're logged in
under the account that has access to that given app. For example:

mail.google.com

docs.google.com or drive.google.com

calendar.google.com

classroom.google.com (which I can get to the main window, but no further,
because I don't have an account for this service)

I use this technique to bring up these different Google services/apps as
frequently, if not more frequently, than ever using the app launch key on
any of the Google app screens.

I worry a lot. . . I worry that no matter how cynical you become it's never
enough to keep up.
~ Trudy, in Jane Wagner's "Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in
the Universe"

Kevin,

          Typically, so long as the user is logged into any Google service under the userid that is necessary, direct links even "deep into the bowels" of another Google service they're authorized to use will work.  I'd definitely look into bookmarking the direct link to the page she uses most often, then emphasizing that she should either keep herself logged in to Gmail or log herself into Gmail before activating that bookmark.   Also, of course, all of this must occur under a single web browser.  It does no good if you're logged into your Google account for Gmail under IE and then try to access the Google Classroom site using, for instance, Chrome.  The cookies that identify the user and that they're logged in have to be shared.

Kevin Huber

Thanks Brian:

I will look into that.
Kevin Huber