NVDA with Dialog Box

David Russell

Hello group,

I was filling out a form online for something recently, and there was
a field that asks for one to select a category.

I pressed enter on the given link, and it said that for screen
readers, the link does not work, go to previous link.

The previous link was just called category, and the field before that
is subject. I could fill that in with my created topic.
So, there is subject, forward tab once to category, tab forward again
to "link category.

When pressing enter on "category" NVDA says dialog box. Arrow keys and
or tab keys do not show any named categories; control home and control
end, NVDA just says "blank."

Is there something I am missing here?

Thanks in advance for input.

--
David Russell
david.sonofhashem@gmail.com

Arianna Sepulveda

You may need to use object navigation to access this dialogue.

Thanks,
Ari

On Jul 29, 2016, at 8:54 AM, David Russell <david.sonofhashem@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Gene

Try turning off browse mode when you are in the dialog.  Then see what keys, if any, do and read anything.

Gene