Writing accents on a laptop

Maria S

Hi guys. My laptop uses the function key to use the numpad and I can't enter alt codes with Nvda to write accented letters quickly while typing. Other than switching to a different system keyboard, I wondered if there were other alternatives with NVDA or add-ons.

Thanks, Maria

Sent from my iPhone

Quentin Christensen

I must admit I haven't done anything like this (as I am only fluent in English), but I know in Windows 10, you can press WINDOWS+spacebar to switch languages (once you've setup more than one).  If you do commonly write between two languages, that could be an option?

--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer

Direct: +61 413 904 383
www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Ben J. Bloomgren

Maria,

Which language(s) are you attempting to write? I'm not a big fan of those alt codes, as who wants to remember that alt+0233 is an é? I've been known to install hundreds of keyboard layouts onto my computers. I've learned to streamline this nowadays, and I'm under ten. Seriously, I would look at using your language's specific keyboard layout or layouts. Some languages have more than one. French and Spanish have at least two of which I know. The control panel is your friend.

Ben