Topics

waterfox accessibility message

Hello I downloaded the latest waterfox from the waterfox website

when I installed it and launched it it brings up a message that accessibility has ben parshally disabled do to compatibility with screen readers

1 how do I get access to that message to work with it?

2. what do I choose on this perticular message?

thanks

Hank

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

Nothing, I got this to, after I reset my options,  then set them how I wanted, I reinstalled all addons then did a sync from mozilla site, I had to download noscript and some stuff like audio capchas just don't work as well as a few other things without running in safe mode but yeah basically everything works.

Waterfox is starting to use the new quantom engine while maintaining the older codebase, its not a problem, at least I havn't found it much of one.

On 7/2/2018 9:55 AM, The Wolf wrote:
Hello I downloaded the latest waterfox from the waterfox website

when I installed it and launched it it brings up a message that accessibility has ben parshally disabled do to compatibility with screen readers

1 how do I get access to that message to work with it?

2. what do I choose on this perticular message?

thanks

Hank

Gene

Waterfox is based on ESR versions of Firefox.  I may have commented on this a number of days ago.
There is a new ESR version of Firefox and so Waterfox now would be expected to have some or perhaps all of the problems of Firefox.

How bad the problems are await comment by users.

Hello I downloaded the latest waterfox from the waterfox website

when I installed it and launched it it brings up a message that
accessibility has ben parshally disabled do to compatibility with screen
readers

1 how do I get access to that message to work with it?

2. what do I choose on this perticular message?

thanks

Hank

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

So how can I stop this happening. I need navigational sounds to remain.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

Hello I downloaded the latest waterfox from the waterfox website

when I installed it and launched it it brings up a message that accessibility has ben parshally disabled do to compatibility with screen readers

1 how do I get access to that message to work with it?

2. what do I choose on this perticular message?

thanks

Hank

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I had mine set to warn or updates but have just set it to manual check so I don't lose things. I'm a little worried that the Quantum engine not working well might be another symptom of the dropbox dialogue issue my windows has at the moment.
[...]

can I get the older version of water fox?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene" <gsasner@ripco.com>
Waterfox is based on ESR versions of Firefox.  I may have commented on this a number of days ago.
There is a new ESR version of Firefox and so Waterfox now would be expected to have some or perhaps all of the problems of Firefox.

How bad the problems are await comment by users.

Hello I downloaded the latest waterfox from the waterfox website

when I installed it and launched it it brings up a message that
accessibility has ben parshally disabled do to compatibility with screen
readers

1 how do I get access to that message to work with it?

2. what do I choose on this perticular message?

thanks

Hank

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

It will remain.

Nothing goes away, I had to get noscript back but to be honest nothing else.

Nothing will happen, waterfox is supposed to be using both classic and quantom interfaces.

So in short in theory at least you should be able to run both web and classic extentions easily enough.

Its in the future we aren't trading one codebase for another.

Thats why I keep waterfox round.

----- Original Message ----- From: "The Wolf" <hank.smith966@gmail.com>
Hello I downloaded the latest waterfox from the waterfox website

when I installed it and launched it it brings up a message that accessibility has ben parshally disabled do to compatibility with screen readers

1 how do I get access to that message to work with it?

2. what do I choose on this perticular message?

thanks

Hank

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

.

Well to be honest thats not going to happen, as far as I know we will be using both engines, not sure how exactly but we will be using both apis.

The issue is that, like it or not, even if waterfox sets its own web store which it will, all the classic addons we know and love will not be updated.

Navigational sounds will continue to work at least if I read the documentation right but eventually while the classic stuff will continue to work we won't get the latest updates to them.

On 7/2/2018 8:19 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

Quantum is in Firefox itself.  It affects no other program.  No one else has reported the drop box problem whether they use Firefox or not.  the Drop Box problem has nothing to do with Firefox.

Sent: Monday, July 02, 2018 3:19 AM

briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

Hello I downloaded the latest waterfox from the waterfox website

when I installed it and launched it it brings up a message that
accessibility has ben parshally disabled do to compatibility with screen
readers

1 how do I get access to that message to work with it?

2. what do I choose on this perticular message?

thanks

Hank

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

So are you saying then that in august when Firefox esr is officially Quantum based, the old extensions will work? I was under the impression that the whole ethos of quantum was to protect the rendering code and not allow addons that can interact in any way other than those already defined. This would men navigational sounds and many others would be suspended.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

Hello I downloaded the latest waterfox from the waterfox website

when I installed it and launched it it brings up a message that accessibility has ben parshally disabled do to compatibility with screen readers

1 how do I get access to that message to work with it?

2. what do I choose on this perticular message?

thanks

Hank

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

.

Well waterfox is supposed to use both api bases both classic and otherwise.

Waterfox is only loosly based off firefox anyway.

They keep saying things will change.

To be honest if all options worked as they used to and all the buttons and old menubars could come back somehow that would be fine, tthere is an addon for download sounds and I guess I could live with that but not the performance slowdown on systems with little memmory or power.

On 7/3/2018 5:33 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

Yes one thing I find about the current waterfox is that it seldom misses loading a page and presents the try again of firefox. it also does not go berserk warning you of trivial issues with web sites and presents understandable alerts that you do not need to be a dictionary or avid reader of help files to understand straight away. I have to also say that some bits of nvda might benefit from a less programmer driven language in explanations too.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

Hello I downloaded the latest waterfox from the waterfox website

when I installed it and launched it it brings up a message that accessibility has ben parshally disabled do to compatibility with screen readers

1 how do I get access to that message to work with it?

2. what do I choose on this perticular message?

thanks

Hank

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

.

The only things I have set is keyboard navigation and to not block alerts from autorefresh.

The thing is that it uses both classic and quantom engines, in theory at least, if one engine will not work it will go back on the other, however it also means it will support the old classic addons and new web extention standards.

By default, it will not do multiprocesser either which is nice.

By default, it  at least with the modules I have, will not always complete sites like registrations or capchas unless I run it in vanilla mode but that does mean things will run as they should.

I hope it continues as it does.