Asunto: Re: Edge evaluated using Spanish interface
Fecha: Tue, 3 Jul 2018 17:25:30 +0200
De: Noelia <nrm1977@gmail.com>
Responder a: EPUB Reading System Testing Group <epub-rs-a11y-testing@mail.daisy.org>
Para: EPUB Reading System Testing Group <epub-rs-a11y-testing@mail.daisy.org>

Thanks for review and for being precisse about what you find useful in evaluation.
I will forward this to NVDA's users mailing list.

Best

El 03/07/2018 a las 16:37, Prashant Ranjan Verma escribió:
Dear Noelia,
Your evaluation is published. Thanks for the contribution, particulary the elaborate notes.
The Edge evaluation is at http://epubtest.org/evaluation/467/
Best,
Prashant

I've evaluated Edge using Spanish interface, since my Windows is set to this language.
Hope keystrokes are right: control+g to use the page feature, f7 for caret browsing and f6 to switch between book contents and reading system features. Please, feel free to change them if they are wrong.

Thanks

---
You are currently subscribed to epub-rs-a11y-testing as: prashant.rv@gmail.com.

---
You are currently subscribed to epub-rs-a11y-testing as: nrm1977@gmail.com.
---
You are currently subscribed to epub-rs-a11y-testing as: nrm1977@gmail.com.

Devin Prater

When you close a book, and reopen it, how do you keep your place?

On Jul 7, 2018, at 10:01 AM, Christo de Klerk <christodeklerk@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

If returning to the page you had left off is ok for you, you can use Edge's bookmark feature. If you want something more specific, you can return to the actual line you want with the Place Marker add-on. Note, however that the commands ctrl+shift+NVDA+k and NVDA+k for setting and returning to a bookmark don't currently work in Edge, so you have to use the add-on's Specific find feature, ctrl+shift+NVDA+f to set your position and to return to it later. This works fine, though not as conveniently as the currently not working functions.

Regards

Christo

On 2018/07/07 05:06 PM, Devin Prater wrote:
[...]

how do you go from page to page? when I tried to read a epub using edge it wouldn't let me get passed the first page

.
--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

Christo de Klerk

Edge reads the text of a specific item in the table of contents. It seems that the item you were reading was a short one. Press Alt+t for the table of contents and select the next item. I have not found Edge to stop reading at the end of the page, unless it is also the end of a chapter or section. In the table of contents you will also see percentages for each item which will be a good indication of how long a section is.