Thunderbird busy

John J. Boyer

Hello,

When I start Thunderbird I get this mesagge. What does it mean and how do I get rid of it? I have a notebook computer.

Thanks,
John

--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@abilitiessoft.org

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, John,

I think it means the messages are downloading to your inbox. You can either tab to get to the inbox or hit f-6.

Hope this helps.

Rosemarie

On 7/4/2018 8:43 PM, John J. Boyer wrote:
Hello,

When I start Thunderbird I get this mesagge. What does it mean and how do I get rid of it? I have a notebook computer.

Thanks,
John

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Yes Firefox does the same. it means what it says. Of course if it remains for ever you have an issue. Normally some message about your server has stopped responding or whatever will come up if there is no sign of it working. Normally I used to find it took longer on imap than pop3, but it also depends on how fast your isp sends emails and whether you also may have news groups and multiple accounts to poll.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-