From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Josh Kennedy
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2018 12:53 PM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] nvda on xbox one s?

Hi,

In the future, is there any way that NVDA could be an app in the xbox one s app store? Then I could maybe use NVDA’s windows10 OCR feature to read game menus to more easily play games like madden nfl 2018 and others. Xbox one s runs on windows10.

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sarah k Alawami

That would be nice. Then  we could disable narrator, ocr the menues and then reenable narrator later.

On Jul 5, 2018, at 12:53 PM, Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...> wrote:

Hi,

In the future, is there any way that NVDA could be an app in the xbox one s app store? Then I could maybe use NVDA’s windows10 OCR feature to read game menus to more easily play games like madden nfl 2018 and others. Xbox one s runs on windows10.

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

simon wheatcroft

B along these lines. Last I read ea were working on making madden play well without sight. Using narrator for starting the game and navigation of the dashboard

On 5 Jul 2018, at 20:57, Sky Mundell <skyt@...> wrote:

Wow it would be awesome if NVDA could be on Xbox!

In the future, is there any way that NVDA could be an app in the xbox one s app store? Then I could maybe use NVDA’s windows10 OCR feature to read game menus to more easily play games like madden nfl 2018 and others. Xbox one s runs on windows10.

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I am told Narrator is on x box, well the newer ones obviously. I do not do gaming, but exactly how do you do some of the keys, Is not this purely a game box, You presumably add a keyboard. There is in development a windows store version of nvda, but at present I don't think you can use add ons on it.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

Wow it would be awesome if NVDA could be on Xbox!

In the future, is there any way that NVDA could be an app in the xbox one s app store? Then I could maybe use NVDA’s windows10 OCR feature to read game menus to more easily play games like madden nfl 2018 and others. Xbox one s runs on windows10.

Josh

Josh Kennedy

My son has both his xbox controller and a full computer keyboard plugged into his xbox one s. and they both work very good. so if nvda could be on there to OCR in-game-menus...

Josh Kennedy

well windows10 has its own built-in OCR. and xbox one s and xbox one x run on windows10. so maybe OCR is built into the system? if not, maybe in the meantime an iPhone or android phone with good cameras and an app could be used to OCR the screen of the game menus and other stuff?

Sarah k Alawami

Use  a keyboard for narrator all the time. Read the help, but basically it’s capslock up and down to move through  the items words characters etc and narraotr left right to move through said items. Ther are other key strokes I dont’ know, things ot do with mouse mode and curser review but yeah I need to sit down and memmorise.

On Jul 5, 2018, at 11:38 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists@...> wrote:

I am told Narrator is on x box, well the newer ones obviously. I do not do gaming, but exactly how do you do some of the keys, Is not this purely a game box, You presumably add a keyboard. There is in development a windows store version of nvda, but at present I don't think you can use add ons on it.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Sky Mundell" <skyt@...>
Wow it would be awesome if NVDA could be on Xbox!

In the future, is there any way that NVDA could be an app in the xbox one s app store? Then I could maybe use NVDA’s windows10 OCR feature to read game menus to more easily play games like madden nfl 2018 and others. Xbox one s runs on windows10.

Josh

Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>  for Windows 10

Sarah k Alawami

Whynot connect the xbox to the network and stream the window to the computer via the xbox app. I’ve done ocr wiht nvda on that window and it works for what it does.