From: The Wolf
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2018 2:19 PM
Subject: [nvda] antivirus?

Hello besides windows defender any one recommend a antivirus that works
well with nvda?

I am testing avast and the only thing that I can select to scan is a
smart scan

I can't select any of the other parts to scan pc for viruses just the
smart scan

thanks

Hank

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

When you come to remove Avast, if you use dropbox check to see if the dialogues still work afterwards.

I had no end of trouble properly uninstalling Avast Its a bit centre of the universe like, in that once you get it, getting rid of it is a pain.
brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

Hello besides windows defender any one recommend a antivirus that works well with nvda?

I am testing avast and the only thing that I can select to scan is a smart scan

I can't select any of the other parts to scan pc for viruses just the smart scan

thanks

Hank

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Sadly I never did get any come back from them about a year ago, and since they are increasingly being sneaky and trying to install it via ccleaner I am not liking their attitude very much.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

I'm not hopeful you'll get anywhere, but if Avast isn't sufficiently accessible to let you conduct the scan you want, you might tell that to the company and ask if they will give you a more useable version of the program as a blind person. I knew there was a way to scan using Avast from the command line. But when I checked now, I found it was only available in the pro or paid for version. That means that their paid for version may be accessible enough for you to use while the free version isn't. Whether they will provide you with a version you can use is anybodies guess. But in an environment of ever-decreasing numbers of accessible antivirus programs, you might want to find out.

Hello besides windows defender any one recommend a antivirus that works
well with nvda?

I am testing avast and the only thing that I can select to scan is a
smart scan

I can't select any of the other parts to scan pc for viruses just the
smart scan

thanks

Hank

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

I had to reload windows

luckly I had a disk image of my drive so getting it restored only took a hour but yeah that thing royally screwed my machine up

----- Original Message ----- From: "The Wolf" <hank.smith966@gmail.com>

.
--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

Gene

How did you remove the program, using programs and features or in some other way?

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

the avast clear tool

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

Gene

I wonder why it caused such a problem.  That would be the one way I would have thought would be safest.

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

Ernest H Molina

What program did you use to make a disk image of windows?

active@disk image free version

On 7/10/2018 5:19 PM, Ernest H Molina wrote:
What program did you use to make a disk image of windows?

Hello besides windows defender any one recommend a antivirus that
works well with nvda?

I am testing avast and the only thing that I can select to scan is a
smart scan

I can't select any of the other parts to scan pc for viruses just the
smart scan

thanks

Hank

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

.
--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

Sarah k Alawami

Yuck! That does not sound like fun. I just use the MSE thing from MS or what ever i tis called now a days.