FW: [nvda-spl] FW: [nvda] Using Station playlist with the latest version of NVDA

Hi,
See a response from a seasoned broadcaster below.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda-spl@nvda-spl.groups.io <nvda-spl@nvda-spl.groups.io> On Behalf Of Duyahn Walker
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2018 11:11 AM
To: nvda-spl@nvda-spl.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda-spl] FW: [nvda] Using Station playlist with the latest version of NVDA

You need to make what they call a dummy encoder. This will record the file as an mp3 when you press f9. Keep in mind you will not be live unless you want that to be the case. F10 will stop the encoder. If your just going to rerecord the show, then the option above about not going live will work.

Duyahn

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda-spl@groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2018 10:13 AM
Subject: [nvda-spl] FW: [nvda] Using Station playlist with the latest version of NVDA

Hi,
Is there anyone here using Studio for producing podcasts? I never come across that possibility, otherwise I would have recommended Claire to get my add-on.
Cheers,
Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Claire Potter
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2018 7:31 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Using Station playlist with the latest version of NVDA

Hi, I am new to this list and I hope someone can help me. I would like to learn how to use Station playlist as I am a complete novice and I would like to use Station playlist studio to record my own podcasts, I am however unable to find a clear tutorial which explains how to do this. I am using the latest version of NVDA. Can you help? -- Warm regards, Claire Potter, Check out my brand new website: http://www.pottersplace.me.uk/

Claire Potter <claire.potter99@...>

Hi Joseph, that does help so thank you for that. I do have your addon installed, but what I don't get is when I go into station playlist is it really as simple as pressing f9 to start and f10 to stop, or is there more to it? Also, how do I subscribe to the other mailing list?

Warm regards, Claire Potter, Check out my brand new website: http://www.pottersplace.me.uk/

On 10/07/2018 19:12, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
Cheers,
Joseph

From: nvda-spl@nvda-spl.groups.io <nvda-spl@nvda-spl.groups.io> On Behalf Of Duyahn Walker
Subject: Re: [nvda-spl] FW: [nvda] Using Station playlist with the latest version of NVDA

You need to make what they call a dummy encoder. This will record the file as an mp3 when you press f9. Keep in mind you will not be live unless you want that to be the case. F10 will stop the encoder. If your just going to rerecord the show, then the option above about not going live will work.

Duyahn

Subject: [nvda-spl] FW: [nvda] Using Station playlist with the latest version of NVDA

Hi,
Is there anyone here using Studio for producing podcasts? I never come across that possibility, otherwise I would have recommended Claire to get my add-on.
Cheers,
Joseph

Hi, I am new to this list and I hope someone can help me. I would like to learn how to use Station playlist as I am a complete novice and I would like to use Station playlist studio to record my own podcasts, I am however unable to find a clear tutorial which explains how to do this. I am using the latest version of NVDA. Can you help? -- Warm regards, Claire Potter, Check out my brand new website: http://www.pottersplace.me.uk/

Hi,
There's a lot more involved than pressing F9 to start an encoder (brings me memories of working on encoder support for months in 2014 and 2015). Pressing F9 is not the first, nor the final step in producing a really good sounding podcast - encoder must be set up, having precise control over when to start and stop the encoder, locating where files are stored and so on (in short, producing a podcast (or for that matter, professional recording) requires a lot of dedication and attention to detail; it took me two hours to produce a two-minute promo for NVDACon 2018 keynote this year).
Cheers,
Joseph

Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2018 11:21 AM
Subject: Re: FW: [nvda-spl] FW: [nvda] Using Station playlist with the latest version of NVDA

Hi Joseph, that does help so thank you for that. I do have your addon installed, but what I don't get is when I go into station playlist is it really as simple as pressing f9 to start and f10 to stop, or is there more to it? Also, how do I subscribe to the other mailing list?

Warm regards, Claire Potter, Check out my brand new website: http://www.pottersplace.me.uk/

Hi,
Cheers,
Joseph

From: nvda-spl@nvda-spl.groups.io <nvda-spl@nvda-spl.groups.io> On
Behalf Of Duyahn Walker
Subject: Re: [nvda-spl] FW: [nvda] Using Station playlist with the
latest version of NVDA

Duyahn

Subject: [nvda-spl] FW: [nvda] Using Station playlist with the latest
version of NVDA

Hi,
Cheers,
Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Claire
Potter

Hi, I am new to this list and I hope someone can help me. I would like
to learn how to use Station playlist as I am a complete novice and I
would like to use Station playlist studio to record my own podcasts, I
am however unable to find a clear tutorial which explains how to do
this. I am using the latest version of NVDA. Can you help? -- Warm
regards, Claire Potter, Check out my brand new website:
http://www.pottersplace.me.uk/

Hi,
As for subscribing to that mailing list: send an email to:
nvda-spl+subscribe@nvda-spl.groups.io
But before joining that list, consider what folks here have said about this program and think if you truly need this program for your needs; based on what you told us, an audio editor (not Studio) might be what you need in the end, but there might be a time in the future where you may wish to use Studio for some reason. I myself don't use Studio (I use GoldWave for all my audio editing needs), but I maintain the Studio add-on as I'm interested in broadcasting and learned a great deal about ins and outs of that work from broadcasters who use my add-on (as well as to practice programming skills learned in college; and no, I confess that Studio add-on is not the most powerful add-on ever created - that honor belongs to Remote Support add-on, in my opinion, and among the add-ons I introduced, I think Windows 10 App Essentials is the most powerful one I ever created).
Cheers,
Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2018 11:27 AM
Subject: Re: FW: [nvda-spl] FW: [nvda] Using Station playlist with the latest version of NVDA

Hi,
There's a lot more involved than pressing F9 to start an encoder (brings me memories of working on encoder support for months in 2014 and 2015). Pressing F9 is not the first, nor the final step in producing a really good sounding podcast - encoder must be set up, having precise control over when to start and stop the encoder, locating where files are stored and so on (in short, producing a podcast (or for that matter, professional recording) requires a lot of dedication and attention to detail; it took me two hours to produce a two-minute promo for NVDACon 2018 keynote this year).
Cheers,
Joseph

Hi,
Cheers,
Joseph

Behalf Of Duyahn Walker
latest version of NVDA

Duyahn

version of NVDA

Hi,
Cheers,
Joseph

Potter

this. I am using the latest version of NVDA. Can you help? -- Warm
regards, Claire Potter, Check out my brand new website:
http://www.pottersplace.me.uk/

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Yes Goldwave. it takes me about 20 mins to do the mixing and editing for a 30 min insert in our tn, having already sourced and recorded the raw audio. it is not rocket sciience. Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2018 7:27 PM

Hi,
Cheers,
Joseph

Hi,
Cheers,
Joseph

Behalf Of Duyahn Walker
latest version of NVDA

Duyahn

version of NVDA

Hi,
Cheers,
Joseph

Potter