nvda not switching to usb headset

enes sarıbaş

hi all,

A friend has a USB headset  and a win10 laptop. Until recently, nvda was automatically switching to it when the headset was plugged in. However recently, it stopped  switching to the headset. Even selecting the headset as an output device won't work.  All other audio comes through the headset fine. Any suggestions?

Abbie Taylor <abbietaylor945@...>

Have you tried selecting the headset in the speech preferences under "Speech Output?"

enes sarıbaş

hi,

I have selected it in the synthesizer dialogue, and speech still won't come through  though normal sounds do, including narrator.

On 7/12/2018 1:24 AM, Abbie Taylor wrote:
Have you tried selecting the headset in the speech preferences under "Speech Output?"

tim

Try looking in the task tray under the speaker setting for the sound mixer. You can set the sound for programs there and see if it is mued.

On Jul 11, 2018, at 11:57 PM, enes sarıbaş <enes.saribas@...> wrote:

hi,

I have selected it in the synthesizer dialogue, and speech still won't come through  though normal sounds do, including narrator.

On 7/12/2018 1:24 AM, Abbie Taylor wrote:
Have you tried selecting the headset in the speech preferences under "Speech Output?"

enes sarıbaş

hi,
The sound volume is fine, as it comes through the speakers rather than the headset.