Topics

Problem with Skype

Marco Oros

Hi!

I have tried to return back to previous Skype version, which is accessible, but I can't log in to My Skype. Please, could You help Me?
Thank You.
Marco Oros

P. Otter

hi, i'm afraid you have had the same problem as I have had.
I'm using windows 10 64 bit and skype the last version.
but when someone cals me, skype keeps ringing also when I've already answered the call.

when I hang up, skype keeps ringing!!!
the only way to stop it is in the taskmanager or reboot my computer!
what to do to solve this problem:
1 now you have installed an older version.
when you try to log in, skype geves you the message can not connect.
what to do,
go in skype in the menu, by pressing alt.
go to help
and there search for look for new version or such.
download and install that new version.
be carefull, there are checkboxes you have to uncheck, else there is a change in all of your using browsers, your homepage will be changed etc.
so it's better to uncheck that checkboxes.
with the new version, you can log in as usual.
when you've done, close skype.
now take your older version of skype.
now you install that older version, without remove the new version!!!!!
the skype installer tells you that the version you ar installing an older version is.
continu anyway?
it is yes.
remember, leave that older version somewhere in the download folder.
you will definitely need that in the future, I explain why.
skype will now start and log in normally!
and now with the older version that has nothing to do with.
you have to save the installation file, because it can go well for months but then suddenly, he can no longer log in.
then do the same trick again.
then it works again.

hope this helps
paul otter

Op 11-7-2018 om 20:34 schreef Marco Oros:

Hi!

I have tried to return back to previous Skype version, which is accessible, but I can't log in to My Skype. Please, could You help Me?
Thank You.
Marco Oros

P. Otter

hi, i was forgotten to tell you that when you want to install the old version you first have to stop skype in the task manager.
cheers
paul otter

Op 11-7-2018 om 20:34 schreef Marco Oros:

Hi!

I have tried to return back to previous Skype version, which is accessible, but I can't log in to My Skype. Please, could You help Me?
Thank You.
Marco Oros

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Yes this seems to happen with other programs on windows 10. Usually after a major update. That is one of the frustrations I had with 10, and is why my working copy of windows is still Windoze 7.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

[...]

Sarah k Alawami

I actually am loving skype and nvda. It is easy to use. Note I’m not using any add ons. Here is a mini demo.
https://anchor.fm/ke7zum/episodes/lets-look-at-the-new-skype-on-windows-10-e1pjtd

----- Original Message ----- From: "P. Otter" <pam.otter@gmail.com>
[...]

OK, maybe You didn't understand My pleasure. I would like to use accessible version of Skype, but I can't log in to previous version, which seens to be accessible.
Note: Skype 8 isn't very well accessible.

David Moore

Wow!

The Skype app for Win10 is very accessible, and so is Web Skype where you do everything right on a Skype website!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

OK, maybe You didn't understand My pleasure. I would like to use

accessible version of Skype, but I can't log in to previous version,

which seens to be accessible.

Note: Skype 8 isn't very well accessible.

Sarah k Alawami

Yeah it is. Like I said I use this  every day. Just used it yesterday and as per the demo it is wonderfully accessible. Skype for web, at least for me, not so much, but yeah,  loving the apps.

On Jul 12, 2018, at 2:16 PM, David Moore <jesusloves1966@...> wrote:

Wow!
The Skype app for Win10 is very accessible, and so is Web Skype where you do everything right on a Skype website!
David Moore
Sent from Mail for Windows 10

OK, maybe You didn't understand My pleasure. I would like to use
accessible version of Skype, but I can't log in to previous version,
which seens to be accessible.
Note: Skype 8 isn't very well accessible.

P. Otter

hi, tell me about it!
for a long time from the begin it was'nt accessible.
for example, it was'nt possible to pickup a call with a shortcut.
also to end a call.
if it is changed, tell me about it.
as far i know it was not accessible.
thanks in advance
paul otter

Op 12-7-2018 om 23:16 schreef David Moore:

Wow!

The Skype app for Win10 is very accessible, and so is Web Skype where you do everything right on a Skype website!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

OK, maybe You didn't understand My pleasure. I would like to use

accessible version of Skype, but I can't log in to previous version,

which seens to be accessible.

Note: Skype 8 isn't very well accessible.

David Moore

Hi!

The Skype app has become much more accessible!

Here is a table of key commands for the skype app.

The table gives the Windows and the Mac command for each action.

Here it is:

What are hotkeys and how do I use them in Skype?

Keyboard shortcuts are specific combinations of two or more keys on your keyboard. They make it easier and faster for you to use commands that you would otherwise have to access via the menus. You can use keyboard shortcuts to easily quit Skype, send a file, copy text and a lot more.

Hotkeys in Skype (version 8) for Windows Desktop, and Mac

Windows desktop Hotkey

Mac Hotkey

Action

Not applicable

[Command]+[1]

Open the main Skype window

Ctrl + I

[Command]+Shift+[O]

Open Notification panel

Ctrl + , (Ctrl + comma)

[Command]+[Comma]

Open app settings

Ctrl + H

Not applicable

Open Help in default browser

Ctrl + D

[Command]+[2]

Launch main dial pad

Ctrl + N

[Command]+[N]

Start new conversation

Ctrl + G

[Command]+[G]

New group

Ctrl + F

[Command]+[F]

Search for all contacts, messages and bots

Ctrl + Shift + S

[Command]+Shift+[S]

Search within selected message

Alt + 1

Not applicable

Navigate to recent chats

Alt + 2

[Command]+Shift+[C]

Open contacts

Alt + 3

[Command]+Shift+[B]

Open contact screen to bots

Ctrl + O

[Command]+Option+[O]

Send feedback

Ctrl + R

[Command]+[R]

Refresh the app

Ctrl + T

[Command]+[T]

Open themes

Ctrl + Shift + T

[Command]+Shift+[T]

Toggle between light and dark mode

Use Alt + V to bring up the View menu to zoom in, out, or return to actual size

Ctrl + Shift + = to zoom in

Ctrl + - to zoom out

Ctrl + 0 for actual size

Use the View button to zoom in, out, or return to actual size

[Command]+[+] to zoom in

[Command]+[-] to zoom out

[Command]+[0] for actual size

Zoom in, zoom out, or view actual size

Up arrow after sending a message

[Command]+Shift+[E]

Edit the last message sent

Ctrl + P

[Command]+[I]

Show conversation profile

Ctrl + Shift + A

[Command]+Shift+[A]

Add people to conversation

Ctrl + Shift + U

[Command]+Shift+[U]

Ctrl + Shift + K

[Command]+Shift+[K]

Start a video call

Ctrl + Shift + P

[Command]+Shift+[R]

Start an audio call

Ctrl + Shift + F

[Command]+Shift+[F]

Send a file

Enter

Return

Start a PSTN call

Ctrl + Shift + G

[Command]+Shift+[G]

Open gallery

Ctrl + S

[Command]+[S]

Take a snapshot

Ctrl + E

[Command]+Shift+[H]

Hang up

Ctrl + M

[Command]+Shift+[M]

Toggle mute

Down Arrow

[Command]+[Down Arrow]

Select the next message in the chat list

Up Arrow

[Command]+[Up Arrow]

Select the previous message in the chat list

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

OK, maybe You didn't understand My pleasure. I would like to use

accessible version of Skype, but I can't log in to previous version,

which seens to be accessible.

Note: Skype 8 isn't very well accessible.

P. Otter

thanks, this is clear!
cheers
paul otter

Op 13-7-2018 om 09:52 schreef David Moore:

[...]

Is there a website where I can read this easier? I thought I kept tht in my history but didn’t lol!