Topics

NVDA and Focus40 or other Braille displays

Lisa P Geibel

Hi,

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before and I'm rehashing it, but a friend of mine was curious if NVDA worked with the Focus40? Does it bring up a list of displays to choose from and how well does it work with Braille displays if anyone here has this knowledge, I'd really appreciate info for my friend? Thanks and again, sorry for bringing this up again.

Moty Azrad

Hi,

Tell your friend that he/she, has to install the correct driver for FOCUS40, after the installation the Focus Braille display can appear in the list of the Braille displays. Then, to choose it and go on.
I've some friends here that work with NVDA and FOCUS40 and it works fine for them.

Good luck

Moti

Moti Azrad
Musician and Piano Tuner
motia@013.net
motiaz@gmail.com
azrad_moty@hotmail.com
ISRAEL

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before and I'm rehashing it, but a
friend of mine was curious if NVDA worked with the Focus40? Does it
bring up a list of displays to choose from and how well does it work
with Braille displays if anyone here has this knowledge, I'd really
appreciate info for my friend? Thanks and again, sorry for bringing this
up again.

Rui Fontes

In the UserGuide is the link to download the Focus driver from Freedom Scientific pages...

Regards,

Rui Fontes

Às 22:59 de 11/07/2018, Moty Azrad escreveu:

[...]

Jason White

It mostly works, especially if you install the BrailleExtender add-on to provide translation table switching and a myriad of additional braille display commands.

If I suspend the laptop, resume from suspend mode, and log in, the Focus display is lost immediately after log-in and I have to re-initialize the driver with NVDA+k (a command provided by BrailleExtender).

Other than that and some translation table issues, it works very well.

On 7/11/18, 17:38, "Lisa P Geibel" <nvda@nvda.groups.io on behalf of lisapgeibel429@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before and I'm rehashing it, but a
friend of mine was curious if NVDA worked with the Focus40? Does it
bring up a list of displays to choose from and how well does it work
with Braille displays if anyone here has this knowledge, I'd really
appreciate info for my friend? Thanks and again, sorry for bringing this
up again.

Mallard

...And here's a link to my Dropbox, from which you can download it. I found that it isn't all that straightforward to download it from the FS site.

hth, ciao,

Ollie

Il 12/07/2018 00:58, Rui Fontes ha scritto:
[...]

Hello Lisa,

My computer seems to be playing up this morning.

Just to make sure, I'm pasting the link to my Dropbox again.

Sorry list if this comes in many instances, but I don't understand what's going on here.

Ciao,

Ollie

Link to download driver for Focus:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vwu4v41b2guydn2/FocusBlueDriver1.0.2030.exe?dl=0

Il 11/07/2018 23:38, Lisa P Geibel ha scritto:
Hi,

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before and I'm rehashing it, but a friend of mine was curious if NVDA worked with the Focus40? Does it bring up a list of displays to choose from and how well does it work with Braille displays if anyone here has this knowledge, I'd really appreciate info for my friend? Thanks and again, sorry for bringing this up again.

John J. Boyer

I am using a Focus 40. You will have to install the Freedom Scientific drivers.

John

--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@abilitiessoft.org