Jeff's addon repository

Akshaya Choudhary

Hi!
I'm new to all this. Somebody suggested to use eloquence addon for NVDA. It's available on this website called, Jeff's Repository. Is is  safe to download from there?

--
Regards,
Sociohack

Gene

That isn't a legal add on.  Eloquence can be purchased legally.  There is a SAPI5 version that can work with any program that supports SAPI5 speech and there is a legal add on that can be purchased.  The add on, however, has very poor speech because the Eloquence speech has a lot of artifacts.  The SAPI 5 version doesn't have these artifacts.  

There are demos of both Eloquence speech programs available so you can try them.

But regarding your original question, the list doesn't offer support on illegal software as a matter of list policy.

Gene 

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2018 3:03 PM
Subject: [nvda] Jeff's addon repository

Hi!
I'm new to all this. Somebody suggested to use eloquence addon for NVDA. It's available on this website called, Jeff's Repository. Is is  safe to download from there?

--
Regards,
Sociohack

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I have not looked lately to know what this add on is, but it used to actually say that it would only work on machines where a free to use version of the synth was installed. This would indicate to me that its either Via Voice or a very old copy used with Jaws prehistoric versions!

If the add on is very old it may not even work on newer versions of nvda in any case. I think the site does hove abandoned and older versions of all sorts of bits and pieces and really any of them are truly at the users own risk. we here cannot condone their use as we have no idea where a lot of them come from.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2018 9:21 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Jeff's addon repository

That isn't a legal add on. Eloquence can be purchased legally. There is a SAPI5 version that can work with any program that supports SAPI5 speech and there is a legal add on that can be purchased. The add on, however, has very poor speech because the Eloquence speech has a lot of artifacts. The SAPI 5 version doesn't have these artifacts.

There are demos of both Eloquence speech programs available so you can try them.

But regarding your original question, the list doesn't offer support on illegal software as a matter of list policy.

Gene

To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Hi!
I'm new to all this. Somebody suggested to use eloquence addon for NVDA. It's available on this website called, Jeff's Repository. Is is safe to download from there?

--
Regards,
Sociohack

My responce to this and I say it for all users, the cracked version is better.

The code factory system is a problem both for vocaliser and eloquence, you need to deactivate it each time you install a feature update else you loose the licences, I have had game developers get really brassed off with that.

Well one at least.

Personally I have the onecore voices, and old dectalk which is old but still and the old sapi5 realspeak but to be honest, even though I'd like it till I can find something which is mine especially after I buy it I won't be spending any more cash on speech maybe if acapella ever gets a synth I can afford or ivona maybe but I don't know at this point.

On 7/14/2018 8:21 AM, Gene wrote:
That isn't a legal add on. Eloquence can be purchased legally. There is a SAPI5 version that can work with any program that supports SAPI5 speech and there is a legal add on that can be purchased. The add on, however, has very poor speech because the Eloquence speech has a lot of artifacts. The SAPI 5 version doesn't have these artifacts.

There are demos of both Eloquence speech programs available so you can try them.

Gene

Hi!
I'm new to all this. Somebody suggested to use eloquence addon for NVDA. It's available on this website called, Jeff's Repository. Is is safe to download from there?

Akshaya Choudhary

Alright. Thanks for the info! 
--
Regards,
Sociohack

Gene

Your message may have the effect of discouraging use of add ons that are, as far as I know, legal and probably work.  The kind of notice you are discussing about requiring a synthesizer is for add ons like the Dectalk Express add on.  That add on allows the Dectalk Express to work with NVDA.  You are told in the information for that Add On that you need the Dectalk Express to use it.  The DecTalk Express is an external synthesizer.  So of course you need the synthesizer. 

I believe there is an add on that allows the Double Talk synthesizer to work as well.  I assume the same warning is given because that is an external synthesizer. 

I'm not generalizing in any way about what add ons are current and which ones may or may not work with Windows 10, for example and, of course, NVDA is going to be changing over time and many add ons on that page may not work with new versions of NVDA in the relatively near future.  But we need to be clear about synthesizer add ons.  Those that talk about needing a synthesizer are, as I recall the page, for those that work with external synthesizers. 

Gene

Sent: Friday, July 13, 2018 3:32 PM

I have not looked lately to know what this add on is, but it used to
actually say that it would only work on machines where a free to use version
of the synth was installed. This would indicate to me that its either Via
Voice or a very old copy  used with Jaws prehistoric versions!

If the add on is very old it may not even work on newer versions of nvda in
any case. I think the site does hove abandoned and older versions of all
sorts of bits and pieces and really any of them are truly at the users own
risk. we here cannot condone their use as we have no idea where a lot of
them come from.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

That isn't a legal add on.  Eloquence can be purchased legally.  There is a
SAPI5 version that can work with any program that supports SAPI5 speech and
there is a legal add on that can be purchased.  The add on, however, has
very poor speech because the Eloquence speech has a lot of artifacts.  The
SAPI 5 version doesn't have these artifacts.

There are demos of both Eloquence speech programs available so you can try
them.

But regarding your original question, the list doesn't offer support on
illegal software as a matter of list policy.

Gene

Hi!
I'm new to all this. Somebody suggested to use eloquence addon for NVDA.
It's available on this website called, Jeff's Repository. Is is  safe to
download from there?

--
Regards,
Sociohack

Gene

Encouraging the use of illegal software is not allowed on list and that includes praising or comparing it to other software. 

Gene Asner, Moderator

Sent: Friday, July 13, 2018 3:35 PM

My responce to this and I say it for all users, the cracked version is
better.

The code factory system is a problem both for vocaliser and eloquence,
you need to deactivate it each time you install a feature update else
you loose the licences, I have had game developers get really brassed
off with that.

Well one at least.

Personally I have the onecore voices, and old dectalk which is old but
still and the old sapi5 realspeak but to be honest, even though I'd like
it till I can find something which is mine especially after I buy it I
won't be spending any more cash on speech maybe if acapella ever gets a
synth I can afford or ivona maybe but I don't know at this point.

On 7/14/2018 8:21 AM, Gene wrote:
> That isn't a legal add on.  Eloquence can be purchased legally.  There is a SAPI5 version that can work with any program that supports SAPI5 speech and there is a legal add on that can be purchased.  The add on, however, has very poor speech because the Eloquence speech has a lot of artifacts.  The SAPI 5 version doesn't have these artifacts.
>
> There are demos of both Eloquence speech programs available so you can try them.
>
> But regarding your original question, the list doesn't offer support on illegal software as a matter of list policy.
>
> Gene
> ----- Original Message -----
>
> From: Sociohack AC
> Sent: Friday, July 13, 2018 3:03 PM
> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
> Subject: [nvda] Jeff's addon repository
>
>
> Hi!
> I'm new to all this. Somebody suggested to use eloquence addon for NVDA. It's available on this website called, Jeff's Repository. Is is  safe to download from there?
>

Kenny Peyattt jr. <p.wildcat1234@...>

I would not download it because it is alegal. I would try purchasing the eti eloquence voices. I don’t know the site to get them from but some one on this list might be able to poast a link for you to purchase the voices.

Kenny Peyatt jr.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sociohack AC
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2018 4:04 PM

Hi!

--
Regards,
Sociohack

Gene

Many people are using the legal Eloquence with NVDA so I expect that information will be forthcoming.

Gene

Sent: Friday, July 13, 2018 3:56 PM

I would not download it because it is alegal. I would try purchasing the eti eloquence voices. I don’t know the site to get them from but some one on this list might be able to poast a link for you to purchase the voices.

Kenny Peyatt jr.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sociohack AC

Hi!

--
Regards,
Sociohack

Akshaya Choudhary

-- yeah that would be great 
Regards,
Sociohack

Devin Prater

This is the stand-alone addon, and yes, is unfortunately against US and other country copyright law.

On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 4:02 PM Sociohack AC <acsociopath@...> wrote:

-- yeah that would be great 
Regards, 
Sociohack

--

Well I really hope that code factory can improve their licencing system, right now, if you don't deactivate the licences before your next windows feature update you loose them, thats fine but there are updates a lot of them, and sometimes especially with home systems they get updated automatically.

I was going to legally buy, but I am not going that way, in fact I need to rethink what speech synths I buy if any or if I stay with the os ones only.

On 7/14/2018 9:00 AM, Gene wrote:
Many people are using the legal Eloquence with NVDA so I expect that information will be forthcoming.

Gene

Kenny Peyatt jr.

Hi!

John Isige

On 7/13/2018 19:31, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Well I really hope that code factory can improve their licencing
system, right now, if you don't deactivate the licences before your
next windows feature update you loose them, thats fine but there are
updates a lot of them, and sometimes especially with home systems they
get updated automatically.

I was going to legally buy, but I am not going that way, in fact I
need to rethink what speech synths I buy if any or if I stay with the
os ones only.

On 7/14/2018 9:00 AM, Gene wrote:
Many people are using the legal Eloquence with NVDA so I expect that
information will be forthcoming.

Gene

I would not download it because it is alegal. I would try purchasing
the eti eloquence voices. I don’t know the site to get them from but
some one on this list might be able to poast a link for you to
purchase the voices.

Kenny Peyatt jr.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Sociohack AC

Hi!
I'm new to all this. Somebody suggested to use eloquence addon for
NVDA. It's available on this website called, Jeff's Repository. Is
is  safe to download from there?

Josh Kennedy

I have a mixture on my system. I have the legal sapi5 eloquence installed. But in case I get a feature update and I lose it, I also use the illegal addon even though I legally purchased and have a legal license to use sapi5 eloquence. The only difference is: my legal sapi5 eloquence works with my favorite games and stuff. and it works with NVDA. They should change the copyright law to state that: if you legally purchased any copy of eloquence, but if another unofficial copy works better in some circumstances then, as long as you can show proof that you own a legal copy, you can also use any illegal copies ... but at your own risk. I actually purchased two legal sapi5 eloquence keys. But I only use one of them. that's what it should say... use illegal eloquence at your own risk and we do not support it so take any such discussions off list. 

Ervin, Glenn

I wonder if the dectalk one is the access32, a software dectalk.

Glenn

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2018 3:45 PM

Your message may have the effect of discouraging use of add ons that are, as far as I know, legal and probably work.  The kind of notice you are discussing about requiring a synthesizer is for add ons like the Dectalk Express add on.  That add on allows the Dectalk Express to work with NVDA.  You are told in the information for that Add On that you need the Dectalk Express to use it.  The DecTalk Express is an external synthesizer.  So of course you need the synthesizer. 

I believe there is an add on that allows the Double Talk synthesizer to work as well.  I assume the same warning is given because that is an external synthesizer. 

I'm not generalizing in any way about what add ons are current and which ones may or may not work with Windows 10, for example and, of course, NVDA is going to be changing over time and many add ons on that page may not work with new versions of NVDA in the relatively near future.  But we need to be clear about synthesizer add ons.  Those that talk about needing a synthesizer are, as I recall the page, for those that work with external synthesizers. 

Gene

them come from.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.

them.

Gene

Hi!
download from there?

--
Regards,
Sociohack

erik burggraaf <erik@...>

I believe jeff's repository has add-ons for both.  I use the software dektalk access 32 add-on myself which I download from there.  I neither know, nor care what it's licencing may be.  It works which is more than can be said for some of the paid commercial synthesizer add-ons for NVDA.

Enjoy,

On July 16, 2018 10:53:59 AM "Ervin, Glenn" <glenn.ervin@...> wrote:

Glenn

Gene

them come from.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.

them.

Gene

Hi!
download from there?

--
Regards,
Sociohack

yes it is

On 7/16/2018 7:51 AM, Ervin, Glenn wrote:

Glenn

Gene

them come from.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.

them.

Gene

Hi!
download from there?

--
Regards,
Sociohack

-- 
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

Gene

I've stated before, as much as two or three days ago, that promoting illegal software is not, I emphatically repeat not, allowed on list.  This is not my policy.  It is the policy of the list owner and it is standard policy on a lot of lists.  Gratuitously mentioning and impliedly recommending illegal software is not allowed. 

I support this list policy.  It doesn't matter what my personal feelings are about when and if it is justifiable to use illegal software as an ethical question.  As moderator, I am responsible for enforcing list policy.  The policy is in place not because of the views of those who run the list on the question.  It is in place because promoting illegal software exposes the list to legal liability.  If people continue to disregard my warnings on this subject, they will be moderated temporarily.  I'm sorry to have to send this kind of stern message.  I moderate with a lite toch whenever possible.  But it's time for such discussions and implied endorsements to stop.

Gene, Moderator

Sent: Monday, July 16, 2018 11:08 AM

I believe jeff's repository has add-ons for both.  I use the software dektalk access 32 add-on myself which I download from there.  I neither know, nor care what it's licencing may be.  It works which is more than can be said for some of the paid commercial synthesizer add-ons for NVDA.

Enjoy,

On July 16, 2018 10:53:59 AM "Ervin, Glenn" <glenn.ervin@...> wrote:

Glenn

Gene

them come from.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.

them.

Gene

Hi!
download from there?

--
Regards,
Sociohack

Brice Mijares

I prefer one core voices.

On 7/16/2018 9:08 AM, erik burggraaf wrote:
I believe jeff's repository has add-ons for both.� I use the software dektalk access 32 add-on myself which I download from there.� I neither know, nor care what it's licencing may be.� It works which is more than can be said for some of the paid commercial synthesizer add-ons for NVDA.
Enjoy,
On July 16, 2018 10:53:59 AM "Ervin, Glenn" <glenn.ervin@nebraska.gov> wrote:

Glenn

*From:*nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *Gene
*Sent:* Friday, July 13, 2018 3:45 PM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] Jeff's addon repository

Your message may have the effect of discouraging use of add ons that are, as far as I know, legal and probably work.� The kind of notice you are discussing about requiring a synthesizer is for add ons like the Dectalk Express add on.� That add on allows the Dectalk Express to work with NVDA.� You are told in the information for that Add On that you need the Dectalk Express to use it.� The DecTalk Express is an external synthesizer. So of course you need the synthesizer.

I believe there is an add on that allows the Double Talk synthesizer to work as well.� I assume the same warning is given because that is an external synthesizer.

I'm not generalizing in any way about what add ons are current and which ones may or may not work with Windows 10, for example and, of course, NVDA is going to be changing over time and many add ons on that page may not work with new versions of NVDA in the relatively near future.� But we need to be clear about synthesizer add ons. Those that talk about needing a synthesizer are, as I recall the page, for those that work with external synthesizers.

Gene

*From:*Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <mailto:bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io>

*Sent:*Friday, July 13, 2018 3:32 PM

*To:*nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>

*Subject:*Re: [nvda] Jeff's addon repository

Voice or a very old copy� used with Jaws prehistoric versions!

them come from.
�Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk <mailto:bglists@blueyonder.co.uk>
Sent via blueyonder.
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk <mailto:briang1@blueyonder.co.uk>, putting 'Brian Gaff'
From: "Gene" <gsasner@ripco.com <mailto:gsasner@ripco.com>>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>>

That isn't a legal add on.� Eloquence can be purchased legally.� There is a
there is a legal add on that can be purchased.� The add on, however, has
very poor speech because the Eloquence speech has a lot of artifacts. The

them.

Gene

To: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>

Hi!
It's available on this website called, Jeff's Repository. Is is� safe to
download from there?

--
Regards,
Sociohack

Eloquence is king for me. I never had any problem with any addons
posted to Jeffs nvda list or grossgang for that matter. What do you
think about NVDA open sourcing eloquence? I think NVDA should only use
open sourced add ons. This way NVDA can never get into a legal
dispute. Free and open source as a requirement.

On 7/16/18, Brice Mijares <bricemijares@att.net> wrote:
I prefer one core voices.

On 7/16/2018 9:08 AM, erik burggraaf wrote:
I believe jeff's repository has add-ons for both.� I use the software
dektalk access 32 add-on myself which I download from there.� I neither

know, nor care what it's licencing may be.� It works which is more than

can be said for some of the paid commercial synthesizer add-ons for NVDA.

Enjoy,

On July 16, 2018 10:53:59 AM "Ervin, Glenn" <glenn.ervin@nebraska.gov>
wrote:

Glenn

*From:*nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *Gene
*Sent:* Friday, July 13, 2018 3:45 PM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] Jeff's addon repository

Your message may have the effect of discouraging use of add ons that
are, as far as I know, legal and probably work.� The kind of notice
you are discussing about requiring a synthesizer is for add ons like
the Dectalk Express add on.� That add on allows the Dectalk Express to

work with NVDA.� You are told in the information for that Add On that
you need the Dectalk Express to use it.� The DecTalk Express is an
external synthesizer. So of course you need the synthesizer.

I believe there is an add on that allows the Double Talk synthesizer
to work as well.� I assume the same warning is given because that is
an external synthesizer.

I'm not generalizing in any way about what add ons are current and
which ones may or may not work with Windows 10, for example and, of
course, NVDA is going to be changing over time and many add ons on
that page may not work with new versions of NVDA in the relatively
near future.� But we need to be clear about synthesizer add ons.
Those that talk about needing a synthesizer are, as I recall the page,
for those that work with external synthesizers.

Gene

<mailto:bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io>

*Sent:*Friday, July 13, 2018 3:32 PM

*To:*nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>

*Subject:*Re: [nvda] Jeff's addon repository

actually say that it would only work on machines where a free to use
version
of the synth was installed. This would indicate to me that its either
Via
Voice or a very old copy� used with Jaws prehistoric versions!

If the add on is very old it may not even work on newer versions of
nvda in
sorts of bits and pieces and really any of them are truly at the users
own
them come from.
�Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk <mailto:bglists@blueyonder.co.uk>
Sent via blueyonder.
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk <mailto:briang1@blueyonder.co.uk>, putting
'Brian Gaff'
From: "Gene" <gsasner@ripco.com <mailto:gsasner@ripco.com>>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>>

That isn't a legal add on.� Eloquence can be purchased legally.�
There
is a
SAPI5 version that can work with any program that supports SAPI5
speech and
there is a legal add on that can be purchased.� The add on, however,
has
very poor speech because the Eloquence speech has a lot of artifacts.
The

There are demos of both Eloquence speech programs available so you can
try
them.

Gene

To: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>

Hi!
It's available on this website called, Jeff's Repository. Is is� safe
to
download from there?

--
Regards,
Sociohack