From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don H
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2018 4:57 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Microsoft Edge is Starting to Grow on Me.

I too am trying to use Edge more often. One question that I can't find the answer to is how to place a shortcut to Edge on the desktop. I see how to pin it to the start menu and task bar but not to the desktop. I tried finding the executable file for edge but can't even find that.

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

I believe the original question for this thread before it drifted was how to create a shortcut on the desktop for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10.

Here is one way.

1.  Go to the run dialogue with Windows Key + R.

2.  type the line below:

shell:appsfolder

3.  This will open a list of all the installed programs--some of which are even partial installs or component installs--such as would exist in earlier versions of Windows.

4.  Use first letter navigation or type the first few letters of Microsoft Edge and then continue to scroll down to the listing.

5.  Press the context key (right click) and choose 'create shortcut.'

6.  Windows will tell you that it can't create a shortcut here and will prompt you to create one on the desktop.  Answer Yes.

You should be good to go.

On 7/13/2018 6:03 PM, ely.r@comcast.net wrote:
Had to look again how I did this. Not sure why MS hid the location as they did. Anyway, the link below is to a quick tutorial. When I found it, it was an ah ha been here moment.
Good luck,
Rick
https://www.tipsdotcom.com/microsoft-edge-desktop-shortcut.html

Dr. Rick Ely