Wegbsites Crashing My Screenreader

Ibrahim Ajayi

Hi good people:
I'm having a very unusual problem with my PC. When I am on some
websites, the sites simply crash my screen reader, making it
impossible to browse. I have to relaunch the screenreader all over
again. It happens with JAWS and NVDA on my system. With NVDA
sometimes when it happens, I have to shut down the computer outright.
Has anyone ever experienced this problem. What might be the cause.
I don't have this problem when I am offline doing some other work on
the computer. But when I am on the internet, it is a problem. It
happens on the two browsers I use, internet explorer and firefox.
Google chrome is not working on my PC. I don't understand why this is
the case. I have installed and re-installed it several times.
Can anyone think of a cause and a possible solution.
Kind regards.
From Ibrahim.

Jackie

Ibrahim, you don't provide us w/a lot of information, ie, what version
of Windows you use, what websites crash the pc, how much ram, disk
space, & free disk space do you have, & other information you think
might help us.

On 7/14/18, Ibrahim Ajayi <kobisko@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi good people:
I'm having a very unusual problem with my PC. When I am on some
websites, the sites simply crash my screen reader, making it
impossible to browse. I have to relaunch the screenreader all over
again. It happens with JAWS and NVDA on my system. With NVDA
sometimes when it happens, I have to shut down the computer outright.
Has anyone ever experienced this problem. What might be the cause.
I don't have this problem when I am offline doing some other work on
the computer. But when I am on the internet, it is a problem. It
happens on the two browsers I use, internet explorer and firefox.
Google chrome is not working on my PC. I don't understand why this is
the case. I have installed and re-installed it several times.
Can anyone think of a cause and a possible solution.
Kind regards.
From Ibrahim.

Jackie McBride
https://brighter-vision.com

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

On the face of it it sounds like all browsers are reacting to some issue on the machine itself to me, but as has been said we would need more info to be able to say what that might be. Sadly often when something goes bad in Windows its very hard to figure it out.
This is why so many people suggest a complete reinstall, but lets not give up yet. maybe somebody will recognise the symptoms.
I'm assuming that the normal functions like browse and focus mode work in the browsers you use normally?
It might also be interesting to know if you have an anti virus other then Microsoft's own.

When you say Chrome does not work. is this work at all or does it just not read pages?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

I'm having a very unusual problem with my PC. When I am on some
websites, the sites simply crash my screen reader, making it
impossible to browse. I have to relaunch the screenreader all over
again. It happens with JAWS and NVDA on my system. With NVDA
sometimes when it happens, I have to shut down the computer outright.
Has anyone ever experienced this problem. What might be the cause.
I don't have this problem when I am offline doing some other work on
the computer. But when I am on the internet, it is a problem. It
happens on the two browsers I use, internet explorer and firefox.
Google chrome is not working on my PC. I don't understand why this is
the case. I have installed and re-installed it several times.
Can anyone think of a cause and a possible solution.
Kind regards.
From Ibrahim.

I have issues on some sites like this and its probably the site.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ibrahim Ajayi" <kobisko@gmail.com>
I'm having a very unusual problem with my PC.  When I am on some
websites, the sites simply crash my screen reader, making it
impossible to browse.  I have to relaunch the screenreader all over
again.  It happens with JAWS and NVDA on my system.  With NVDA
sometimes when it happens, I have to shut down the computer outright.
Has anyone ever experienced this problem.  What might be the cause.
I don't have this problem when I am offline doing some other work on
the computer.  But when I am on the internet, it is a problem. It
happens on the two browsers I use, internet explorer and firefox.
Google chrome is not working on my PC.  I don't understand why this is
the case.  I have installed and re-installed it several times.
Can anyone think of a cause and a possible solution.
Kind regards.
From Ibrahim.

Matt Turner

I'm having

said problem as well, in chrome.
Its like speech lags, restart NVDA, works fine for awhile, then back to lag.
Its like, press down erro, then 2 seconds later, speech gets to wear I am.
I've had this laptop  for 7 years.
Windows 8.1, 64 bit, 4gigs of ram.

On 7/15/2018 5:07 AM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
[...]

From Ibrahim.

Ibrahim Ajayi

Hello again:
I thank you all for your responses.
I use windows7-32 bit.
Actually, I don't know how to find out the information you are asking
me for on my computer. I don't know how to find out the amount of ram
the compiuter has, the disc space and free disc space. Please give me
some tips on how to get this information from my computer.
Added to that I set up Chrome at different times, and it simply
crashes: I just don't
understand why it happens. I don't even open web pages before this happens.
Regards.
Ibrahim.

On 7/15/18, Matt Turner <meturner2214@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

From Ibrahim.

Ervin, Glenn

Amazon.com does this to my Jaws quite often.
I haven't tried it with NVDA yet.
Does NVDA automatically reload after a crash, as JFW does?
Glenn

I'm having a very unusual problem with my PC. When I am on some websites,
the sites simply crash my screen reader, making it impossible to browse. I
have to relaunch the screenreader all over again. It happens with JAWS and
NVDA on my system. With NVDA sometimes when it happens, I have to shut down
the computer outright.
Has anyone ever experienced this problem. What might be the cause.
I don't have this problem when I am offline doing some other work on the
computer. But when I am on the internet, it is a problem. It happens on
the two browsers I use, internet explorer and firefox.
Google chrome is not working on my PC. I don't understand why this is the
case. I have installed and re-installed it several times.
Can anyone think of a cause and a possible solution.
Kind regards.
From Ibrahim.

--
"Life is like a piano.