Topics

State of play with NVDA and Skype

Christopher Bartlett

I have Win 10 (latest build) and am running the most recent beta of NVDA.  What is the state of accessibility of Skype with this combo?  What if anything do I need to do to make Skype more usable?  Which Skype app works best?

Chris Bartlett

--
Christopher Bartlett

P. Otter

hello,

you can go into skype, there in the settings you can find as last item accessibility, there you can enable accessibility normaly it is off.

after checket, you can safe it and exit.

cheers

paul otter

Op 6-8-2016 om 15:20 schreef Christopher Bartlett:

I have Win 10 (latest build) and am running the most recent beta of NVDA.  What is the state of accessibility of Skype with this combo?  What if anything do I need to do to make Skype more usable?  Which Skype app works best?

Chris Bartlett

--
Christopher Bartlett

Lino Morales

Desktop app for Skype works fine with NVDA master branch. Skype Preview also works fine with the new WIN 10 anniversary update.

On 8/6/2016 9:20 AM, Christopher Bartlett wrote:
I have Win 10 (latest build) and am running the most recent beta of NVDA.  What is the state of accessibility of Skype with this combo?  What if anything do I need to do to make Skype more usable?  Which Skype app works best?

Chris Bartlett

--
Christopher Bartlett

hi.
i use skype 6.21 with nvda 2015.4 and i dont have any problem.
if you check accessibility in skype settings, skype works well with
nvda and you dont need to install any addons or other programs to make
it accessible for nvda.
and also skype is better supported if you install skype version 7 and
nvda has many keys to supports it better.
God bless you.

On 8/6/16, Lino Morales <linomorales001@gmail.com> wrote:
Desktop app for Skype works fine with NVDA master branch. Skype Preview
also works fine with the new WIN 10 anniversary update.

On 8/6/2016 9:20 AM, Christopher Bartlett wrote:
I have Win 10 (latest build) and am running the most recent beta of
NVDA. What is the state of accessibility of Skype with this combo?
What if anything do I need to do to make Skype more usable? Which
Skype app works best?

Chris Bartlett

--
Christopher Bartlett