Topics

Twitter on a windows 10 machine

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi guys

Is any one on this list using the windows twitter app? is it accessible?
or not really?

If it is accessible and people are using it has any one else written a
tutorial on using it or setting up also a twitter account etc in the
tutorial?

If they have could they send it on to me.

I have heard some third party twitter apps will not work after a certain
period of time some thing to do with changes with twitter is this one of
them?

Any help would be great.

Apart from setting up a twitter account and looking at this app i have
not gone any further.

Gene nz

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

By the way i for got to say i heard it can be done through the browser
has any one done it that way? is it fully accessible and also has any
one done a tutorial on using it with nvda?

Gene nz

On 7/16/2018 11:57 AM, Gene New Zealand wrote:
Hi guys

Is any one on this list using the windows twitter app? is it accessible?
or not really?

If it is accessible and people are using it has any one else written a
tutorial on using it or setting up also a twitter account etc in the
tutorial?

If they have could they send it on to me.

I have heard some third party twitter apps will not work after a certain
period of time some thing to do with changes with twitter is this one of
them?

Any help would be great.

Apart from setting up a twitter account and looking at this app i have
not gone any further.

Gene nz

Scott VanDeWalle

I have used twitter for windows 10.  I don’t know of any tutorials for it though.  I still find the actual

www.twitter.com

fairly easy to use.  It has shortcut keys, and if I’m not using a 3rd party client I will use twitter.com

Saying that, I do not believe the 3rd party clients are going away.

I have heard however, just the streaming portion will be affected and also no more notifications like on mobile.

If you need more help let me know.

Hth

Scott

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

By the way i for got to say i heard it can be done through the browser
has any one done it that way? is it fully accessible and also has any
one done a tutorial on using it with nvda?

Gene nz

On 7/16/2018 11:57 AM, Gene New Zealand wrote:
> Hi guys
>

> Is any one on this list using the windows twitter app? is it accessible?
> or not really?
>

> If it is accessible and people are using it has any one else written a
> tutorial on using it or setting up also a twitter account etc in the
> tutorial?
>
> If they have could they send it on to me.
>

> I have heard some third party twitter apps will not work after a certain
> period of time some thing to do with changes with twitter is this one of
> them?
>
> Any help would be great.
>

> Apart from setting up a twitter account and looking at this app i have
> not gone any further.
>

> Gene nz

Cristóbal

"Doable" and "accessible"? I guess in a broad and technical sense, yes, but not in any efficient or practical sort of manner.

[...]

Akshaya Choudhary

I don't know about the app, but the website is very accessable. You can either use NVDA  browse mode options or you can  use Twitter's own shortcut keys while staying in focus mode. There is a tutorial on AFB's website. Check that out.
Also follow me on twitter by searching for sociohack ac.
--
Regards,
Sociohack

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I don't use twitter, but I believe that Twitter are removing an API that has advanced functions they say to make things simpler, but we all know its to get folk to use their site or their apps so the adverts can be seen.They are supposed to be releasing a much more detailed api, but are charging for use per user, which basically means that they are making a charge to avoid adverts. Strangely (ironic grin) not many third party twitter client writers have expressed any interest.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

Is any one on this list using the windows twitter app? is it accessible?
or not really?

If it is accessible and people are using it has any one else written a
tutorial on using it or setting up also a twitter account etc in the
tutorial?

If they have could they send it on to me.

I have heard some third party twitter apps will not work after a certain
period of time some thing to do with changes with twitter is this one of
them?

Any help would be great.

Apart from setting up a twitter account and looking at this app i have
not gone any further.

Gene nz

matthew dyer <ilovecountrymusic483@...>

Hi,

I am currently using tw-blue latest snapshot which works just fine for me.  NOTE, if you use the latest stable, you will not be able to authorize it as the web browser willl not come up to allow you to give it access.  This is fixed in the latest snapshot.

Matthew

On 07/15/2018 06:06 PM, Cristóbal wrote:
[...]

Lino Morales

Gene. The 3rd party Twitter apps will still work, but you won’t see streaming like you do currently. The UWP Twitter app is very accessible. Its like using a HTML page.