Topics

nvda and app windows not closing

Josh Kennedy

HI,

If I run some apps such as settings, alarms and clock, calculator, store, and so on, and then I close everything out with alt f4… If I use object nav on the desktop set to simple review, and I go up to the list view and go across, it still shows settings window, calculator window, store window, and so on. And I have to go into those objects and find the close buttons and hit capslock enter to close those windows. Why is it that even if I close out apps, some sort of windows stay open on the desktop? Are they notification windows? They can’t be notification windows, because I went into notifications and cleared them all out and away. So I have no notifications. So what are they and how do I keep or prevent them from appearing? I also have an object which is after the desktop list and it just says “window”. When I OCR it it shows some desktop items but not all. I wish we had an advanced object manager that let us reclass, relabel, and even hide various objects, and also do certain things when objects appear or disappear.

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Hi,

That’s because universal apps are not really “closed” when you press Alt+F4 – they are suspended, hence these windows will show up via object navigation.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Josh Kennedy
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2018 11:29 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] nvda and app windows not closing

HI,

If I run some apps such as settings, alarms and clock, calculator, store, and so on, and then I close everything out with alt f4… If I use object nav on the desktop set to simple review, and I go up to the list view and go across, it still shows settings window, calculator window, store window, and so on. And I have to go into those objects and find the close buttons and hit capslock enter to close those windows. Why is it that even if I close out apps, some sort of windows stay open on the desktop? Are they notification windows? They can’t be notification windows, because I went into notifications and cleared them all out and away. So I have no notifications. So what are they and how do I keep or prevent them from appearing? I also have an object which is after the desktop list and it just says “window”. When I OCR it it shows some desktop items but not all. I wish we had an advanced object manager that let us reclass, relabel, and even hide various objects, and also do certain things when objects appear or disappear.

Josh

Well some of those are open in background you need to go to background apps and unselect or select the apps you want in privacy, its good I guess if you want to have all your startups in 1 place.

On 7/18/2018 6:28 AM, Josh Kennedy wrote:
HI,

Josh

Kevin <kleeva5@...>

So how do you terminate the program?

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2018 11:30 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io; nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvda and app windows not closing

Hi,

That’s because universal apps are not really “closed” when you press Alt+F4 – they are suspended, hence these windows will show up via object navigation.

Cheers,

Joseph

HI,

Josh

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Its not just that though, I've noticed even in windows 7, even if the app appears to be closed, a look at running applications and processes often will still show them in the list but using very little memory and no processor time. I have a theory that its to enable quicker starting the next time you call them.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>; <nvda@groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2018 7:30 PM

Hi,

Cheers,

Joseph

HI,

Josh

Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

Well ofcause the issue with the running apps bar especially may mean stuff thats pinned the bar can also show running apps.

On 7/18/2018 8:15 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Its not just that though, I've noticed even in windows 7, even if the app appears to be closed, a look at running  applications and processes often will still show them in the list but using very little memory and no processor time. I have a theory that its to enable quicker starting the next time you call them.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Joseph Lee" <@joslee>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>; <nvda@groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2018 7:30 PM

Hi,

Cheers,

Joseph

HI,

Josh

Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>  for Windows 10