Topics

Question About New Add-on And Wx4

Jim Homme

Hi,

With Joseph’s announcement about WX4, if I want to start a new add-on that uses one of the NVDA dialogs, do I need to get an NVDA snapshot? If so, how do I run that and keep everything separate from stable NVDA?

Thanks.

Jim

==========

Jim Homme

Product Manager

Digital Accessibility

Bender Consulting Services

412-787-8567

https://www.benderconsult.com/our%20services/hightest-accessible-technology-solutions

People with disabilities, access job openings at https://www.benderconsult.com/careers/job-openings

Hi,

Depends. If your add-on relies on wxPython and/or GUI components, then yes, I advise working with alpha snapshots (perhaps as a portable copy).

Cheers,

Joseph

With Joseph’s announcement about WX4, if I want to start a new add-on that uses one of the NVDA dialogs, do I need to get an NVDA snapshot? If so, how do I run that and keep everything separate from stable NVDA?

Thanks.

Jim

==========

Jim Homme

Product Manager

Digital Accessibility

Bender Consulting Services

412-787-8567

https://www.benderconsult.com/our%20services/hightest-accessible-technology-solutions

People with disabilities, access job openings at https://www.benderconsult.com/careers/job-openings

John Isige

Install the snapshot as a portable copy. Then just exit regular NVDA and
switch to it whenever you want to do development or testing.