Topics

Questions About Internet Explorer

Ibrahim Ajayi

Hello:
Please I just want to know how to remove saved weebsites from my
favorites menu. I can't find any option in the add to favorites
dialog to remove them.
So, how can I go about removing them.
Secondly, how can one acess history on internet explorer. Unlike what
you have in firefox, in which there is a history menu, there is
nothing like that in IE. But I hear there is such a menu. Where can
I find it. Or how can it be accessed.
Kind regards.
From Ibrahim.

Ibrahim Ajayi

Hello:
Please I just want to know how to remove saved weebsites from my
favorites menu. I can't find any option in the add to favorites
dialog to remove them.
So, how can I go about removing them.
Secondly, how can one acess history on internet explorer. Unlike what
you have in firefox, in which there is a history menu, there is
nothing like that in IE. But I hear there is such a menu. Where can
I find it. Or how can it be accessed.
Kind regards.
From Ibrahim.

Ethan

Hello Ibrahim,

To remove a website from your favorites, in the favorites bar after
pressing Alt+A, locate the favorite you would like to delete in the
menu. Pressing the Delete key on your keyboard should delete the
favorite from the list.

With regards to Internet Explorer History, you can access this
information by pressing control+H. This will show a tree view, where
you can expand and collapse the items by using the right and left
arrow keys. Using up and down arrows will allow you to view the
websites in this expanded menu, or take you to other collapsed date
categories. To open one of these websites, press the enter key.
Alternatively, to return to the page you were on prior to opening the
history, press control+H.

Hope this helps,

Ethan

On 7/18/18, Ibrahim Ajayi <kobisko@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello:
Please I just want to know how to remove saved weebsites from my
favorites menu. I can't find any option in the add to favorites
dialog to remove them.
So, how can I go about removing them.
Secondly, how can one acess history on internet explorer. Unlike what
you have in firefox, in which there is a history menu, there is
nothing like that in IE. But I hear there is such a menu. Where can
I find it. Or how can it be accessed.
Kind regards.
From Ibrahim.

Ibrahim Ajayi

Hello:
Please I'll like to find out how I can remove saved websites from the
favorites menu of IE. I cannot find any option to remove it in the
add to favoirtes dialog box. So, how can I go about removing this
unwanted websites.
Secondly, how can I find or access the history menu on IE. Unlike
what you have on firefox, where you have a history menu just before
bookmarks, there is no such thing on IE. I am made to understand that
there is a history menu on IE. Please where can I find or access it.
Kind regards.
Ibrahim.

Chris

Try a right click on the website in the favourites menu and select delete

Please I'll like to find out how I can remove saved websites from the

favorites menu of IE.  I cannot find any option to remove it in the

add to favoirtes dialog box.  So, how can I go about removing this

unwanted websites.

Secondly, how can I find or access the history menu on IE.  Unlike

what you have on firefox, where you have a history menu just before

bookmarks, there is no such thing on IE.  I am made to understand that

there is a history menu on IE.  Please where can I find or access it.

Kind regards.

Ibrahim.

Ibrahim Ajayi

Thank you very much for your prompt response. It is indeed
comprehensive and detailed.
I can't thank you enough.
Kind regards.
Ibrahim

On 7/18/18, Ethan <ethan8768@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

From Ibrahim.

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

If you want, you can even just delete them through file explorer, as I believe iE saves items by default in a subfolder of your documents.

Try a right click on the website in the favourites menu and select delete

Please I'll like to find out how I can remove saved websites from the

favorites menu of IE.  I cannot find any option to remove it in the

add to favoirtes dialog box.  So, how can I go about removing this

unwanted websites.

Secondly, how can I find or access the history menu on IE.  Unlike

what you have on firefox, where you have a history menu just before

bookmarks, there is no such thing on IE.  I am made to understand that

there is a history menu on IE.  Please where can I find or access it.

Kind regards.

Ibrahim.

Andy

What I do is to go to your C drive in Windows Explorer and enter on it. Go to the folder called Users, and enter on it. Go to the folder that bears the computer name. mine says Andy. Enter on that and go to the folder named Favorites. Enter on that and you will see a list of your IE favorites. Simply delete the ones you no longer want.

Andy

Please I just want to know how to remove saved weebsites from my
favorites menu. I can't find any option in the add to favorites
dialog to remove them.
So, how can I go about removing them.
Secondly, how can one acess history on internet explorer. Unlike what
you have in firefox, in which there is a history menu, there is
nothing like that in IE. But I hear there is such a menu. Where can
I find it. Or how can it be accessed.
Kind regards.
From Ibrahim.

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

Same goal but with less steps which works in Windows 10 and probably 7 as well.
Type windows key + r to open the run dialog box.
Type "favorites" and hit enter.
You will now be in the favorites folder for your user account.

What I do is to go to your C drive in Windows Explorer and enter on it. Go to the folder called Users, and enter on it. Go to the folder that bears the computer name. mine says Andy. Enter on that and go to the folder named Favorites. Enter on that and you will see a list of your IE favorites.
Simply delete the ones you no longer want.

Andy

Please I just want to know how to remove saved weebsites from my
favorites menu. I can't find any option in the add to favorites
dialog to remove them.
So, how can I go about removing them.
Secondly, how can one acess history on internet explorer. Unlike what
you have in firefox, in which there is a history menu, there is
nothing like that in IE. But I hear there is such a menu. Where can
I find it. Or how can it be accessed.
Kind regards.
From Ibrahim.

Gene

To turn on history, the command is control h.  I'm not sure if that command toggles it off.  If it doesn't, escape may move you back to where you were.  command toggles it off, as well.

In any cases like this, when you want to find how to take an action, such as delete a favorite and it isn't where you are looking, such as in the favorites menu, move to a favorite.  Open the context menu.  Look through the context menu.  you'll find delete.
If you listen to everything spoken when you get to delete and don't interrupt speech by doing something first, you will hear the letter d spoken  That's the shortcut.  So in future, you can open the context menu and press d.

Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2018 11:51 AM

Hello:
Please I just want to know how to remove saved weebsites from my
favorites menu.  I can't find any option in the add to  favorites
dialog to remove them.
So, how can I go about removing them.
Secondly, how can one acess history on internet explorer.  Unlike what
you have in firefox, in which there is a history menu, there is
nothing like that in IE.  But I hear there is such a menu.  Where can
I find it.  Or how can it be accessed.
Kind regards.
From Ibrahim.

Gene

That method works but when I do it, I get a yes or no are you sure dialog which doesn't speak automatically.

I don't recall if it speaks or not when I use the context menu.  But what I said is important to know because there are many occasions when pressing delete doesn't work and the context menu delete procedure does.  An example is Firefox book marks.

On 7/18/18, Ibrahim Ajayi <kobisko@...> wrote:
> Hello:
> Please I just want to know how to remove saved weebsites from my
> favorites menu.  I can't find any option in the add to  favorites
> dialog to remove them.
> So, how can I go about removing them.
> Secondly, how can one acess history on internet explorer.  Unlike what
> you have in firefox, in which there is a history menu, there is
> nothing like that in IE.  But I hear there is such a menu.  Where can
> I find it.  Or how can it be accessed.
> Kind regards.
> From Ibrahim.

alty and alt n are your friend you may have to tab once then hit alty to get it working its usually fine hitting alt y though.

On 7/19/2018 8:40 AM, Gene wrote:
[...]

From Ibrahim.

Kevin <kleeva5@...>

Just open your favorites with ctrl+I scroll to the website you want to remove then press the delete!

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

Please I just want to know how to remove saved weebsites from my

favorites menu.  I can't find any option in the add to  favorites

dialog to remove them.

So, how can I go about removing them.

Secondly, how can one acess history on internet explorer.  Unlike what

you have in firefox, in which there is a history menu, there is

nothing like that in IE.  But I hear there is such a menu.  Where can

I find it.  Or how can it be accessed.

Kind regards.

From Ibrahim.

Abbie Taylor <abbietaylor945@...>

Ibrahim, for some reason, this message went to the list three times. There is also an option to organize favorites in the favorites menu, if I remember correctly. It's been a while since I've used Internet Explorer. After pressing Alt plus A, arrow down once, and there it is. After you click on that, you should  be able to move, delete, or do whatever you want with your favorites.

On the other hand, I heard somewhere a long time ago that Microsoft is gradually fazing out support for Internet Explorer in favor of Edge and that Internet Explorer is no longer stable with Windows 10. An agent from the Microsoft Answer Desk recently told me otherwise, so now I'm wondering which is right. I would love to be able to use Internet Explorer. I like it better than Firefox or Chrome. Any ideas?

Rosemarie Chavarria

I don't think internet explorer will go way for maybe a year ot two. An agent at the disability line told me that edge would be the new browser to take its place.