recent change

slery <slerythema@...>

In the last few days, I have noticed a change in how nvda reads in Outlook 2016. It used to say unread, read the subject, then it read the author.

It has now started saying “no associated drafts” before reading anything else about the message. What can I do to change this?

Latest nvda

Outlook 2016 (office 365)

Windows 10

Cindy

Gene

I've seen this discussed two or three times on this and, perhaps another list.  As I recall, there is no solution in terms of making adjustments in either program.  I believe you can solve it by using the speech dictionary.  Use the speech dictionary to cause nothing to be spoken when the phrase no associated drafts and the phrase associated drafts has been spoken.  My recollection is that I suggested this and that it worked.  If you need to know how to do this, let us know.

In the last few days, I have noticed a change in how nvda reads in Outlook 2016. It used to say unread, read the subject, then it read the author.

It has now started saying “no associated drafts” before reading anything else about the message. What can I do to change this?

Latest nvda

Outlook 2016 (office 365)

Windows 10

Cindy

Slery <slerythema@...>

Thanks, just rejoined the list.

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

On August 10, 2016 6:45:27 PM "Gene" <gsasner@...> wrote:

[...]

Sam Bushman

Hi All,

I am the one who had the problem and yes the fix works.

Add this to your default dictionary.

Comment: outlook 2016 work around

Pattern: “Associated Draft No Associated Drafts,”

Then put a dash “-“ for the  replacement.

Yes check case sensitive and anywhere.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sam

[...]

Thank you so VERY much for this help. This was my first time using the dictionary.

Cindy

[...]

It's better to use a space than a dash.  If you use punctuation, then if you have NVDA set to read that level of punctuation, you will hear the dash, or whatever you used every time the word or phrase yu don't want spoken is encountered.