Going to the top and bottom of a window

John J. Boyer

NVDA does not seem to have keysrokes for going to the top or bottom of
a window. The other screenreaders that I have tried do have such
keystrokes. Why doesn't NVDA?

Thanks,

--
John J. Boyer; President,
AbilitiesSoft, Inc.

David Moore

Hi,
NVDA sure does have those commands. If you are in a document or such where the system carrot can follow along, just press CTRL+Home or End. If you are using the review cursor to read text on an object, the laptop command to go to the top or bottom is: NVDA+CTRL+Home or End.
That is it.
David Moore

NVDA does not seem to have keysrokes for going to the top or bottom of
a window. The other screenreaders that I have tried do have such
keystrokes. Why doesn't NVDA?

Thanks,

--
John J. Boyer; President,
AbilitiesSoft, Inc.
Email: john.boyer@...
Website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org
Location: Madison, Wisconsin USA
Mission: To develop softwares and provide STEM services for people with
disabilities which are available at no cost.

Gene

It does.  If you are talking about using screen review keys, the commands are control numpad 7 and control numpad 9.  That's for the desktop layout.  I don't know the laptop commands.  Did you look in the keys reference for such commands?

Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 4:03 PM

NVDA does not seem to have keysrokes for going to the top or bottom of
a window. The other screenreaders that I have tried do have such
keystrokes. Why doesn't NVDA?

Thanks,

--
John J. Boyer; President,
AbilitiesSoft, Inc.
Email: john.boyer@...
Website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org
Location: Madison, Wisconsin USA
Mission: To develop softwares and provide STEM services for people with
         disabilities which are available at no cost.

rajmund <brajmund2000@...>

Hi, control-home?

Sent from my iPhone 5S

On 10 Aug 2016, at 10:03 pm, John J. Boyer <john.boyer@...> wrote:

NVDA does not seem to have keysrokes for going to the top or bottom of
a window. The other screenreaders that I have tried do have such
keystrokes. Why doesn't NVDA?

Thanks,

--
John J. Boyer; President,
AbilitiesSoft, Inc.
Email: john.boyer@...
Website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org
Location: Madison, Wisconsin USA
Mission: To develop softwares and provide STEM services for people with
        disabilities which are available at no cost.

John J. Boyer

I studied the User Guide extensively, but I didn't see those keys.
Thanks.

John

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 05:47:20PM -0500, Gene wrote:
[...]

I pressed nvda_1 to turn on learn mode. No functions were shown for
ctrl+numpad 4 or ctrl+numpad 9.

[...]

Rob

John J. Boyer <john.boyer@...> wrote:
I pressed nvda_1 to turn on learn mode. No functions were shown for
ctrl+numpad 4 or ctrl+numpad 9.
You want Shift+numpad 7 and shift+numpad 9.

Gene

I didn't mean the guide necessarily.  There is a keys reference guide as one of the items in the help section.  You may find it useful if you haven't used it.  It opens in your default browser and you can move by heading to find what you think is the relevant section.

If you have questions or need more information, ask here.

Since you may well know this but since I don't know, I'll briefly describe how to open the keys reference.
NVDA key n to open the menu.  H to open the help submenu.  Down arrow through the items and you'll find the one you want.

Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 7:05 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Going to the top and bottom of a window

I studied the User Guide extensively, but I didn't see those keys.
Thanks.

John

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 05:47:20PM -0500, Gene wrote:
> It does.  If you are talking about using screen review keys, the commands are control numpad 7 and control numpad 9.  That's for the desktop layout.  I don't know the laptop commands.  Did you look in the keys reference for such commands?
>
> Gene

I made an error.  I meant shift numpad 7 and shift numpad 9.  Sorry about the error.

Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 7:28 PM

I pressed nvda_1 to turn on learn mode. No functions were shown for
ctrl+numpad 4 or ctrl+numpad 9.

John

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 05:47:20PM -0500, Gene wrote:
> It does.  If you are talking about using screen review keys, the commands are control numpad 7 and control numpad 9.  That's for the desktop layout.  I don't know the laptop commands.  Did you look in the keys reference for such commands?
>
> Gene

Yes, CTRL+Home is the windows command to go to the top left of the document or web site.
David Moore