Topics

Clipspeak stable released #addonrelease

Hi all,

For those who wanted a way to let NVDA announce various clipboard operations, now you have it in the form of Clipspeak add-on by Damien Garwood:

https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/clipspeak.en.html

Cheers,

Joseph

Eleni Vamvakari

How does this differ from the Fake Clipboard Announcement add-on?
Does it offer more features or controls?

--
Facebook: elvam2167@gmail.com

anyaudio.net: elvam2167

Skype: elvam2167

Marisane Moruthanyana

Hi Joseph

This Marisane from SA.

How is it different from fake clipboard addon?

Your assistance is appreciated in advance.

Kind regards
Marisane

Hi all,

For those who wanted a way to let NVDA announce various clipboard
operations, now you have it in the form of Clipspeak add-on by Damien
Garwood:

https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/clipspeak.en.html

Cheers,

Joseph

Hi,
I need to dig into what's exactly different.
Cheers,
Joseph

How is it different from fake clipboard addon?

Your assistance is appreciated in advance.

Kind regards
Marisane

Hi all,

For those who wanted a way to let NVDA announce various clipboard
operations, now you have it in the form of Clipspeak add-on by Damien
Garwood:

https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/clipspeak.en.html

Cheers,

Joseph

Gene

The fake clipboard addon doesn’t know if the operation, copy, paste, etc. actually occurred.  It just announces something because the command is given.  The clipboard speak add on knows when an operation occurs.  So if it announces something, that is because it detects the operation.  It won’t announce something if nothing occurred.

In the past, clipboard speak would cause problems in one program or another.  I don’t remember details but I think it interfeered in some operations in Word.  Also, in a Youtube downloading program I use, it caused problems.  In these cases, the problems didn’t necessarily have anything to do with what happened when you used commands like copy and paste, but if I removed the add on, the problems stopped.  This was in a beta version and these problems may have been solved.

Gene

--
Facebook: elvam2167@...

anyaudio.net: elvam2167

Skype: elvam2167

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

From what I recall from the first version it attempts to be context specific and tell you bits of extra info based on what you aare doing. In the original version I had to stop using it as it was extremely slow and kept causing Word to complain about low memory when I used it.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

I need to dig into what's exactly different.
Cheers,
Joseph

How is it different from fake clipboard addon?

Your assistance is appreciated in advance.

Kind regards
Marisane

Hi all,

For those who wanted a way to let NVDA announce various clipboard
operations, now you have it in the form of Clipspeak add-on by Damien
Garwood:

https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/clipspeak.en.html

Cheers,

Joseph

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Yes exactly the same here too. The author was aware of these issues and said he would use a slightly less complicated way to do things. it also got extremely confused in Goldwave!
[...]

Gerardo Corripio

Is it this one? Clipspeak; Estado: habilitado; Versión: 1.0; Autor: Damien Sykes-Lindley <damien@...>  3 de 26 if so finally let's hope the newer version works better than the one I have0!
El 19/07/2018 a las 11:55 p.m., Joseph Lee escribió:

Hi all,

For those who wanted a way to let NVDA announce various clipboard operations, now you have it in the form of Clipspeak add-on by Damien Garwood:

https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/clipspeak.en.html

Cheers,

Joseph

--
Gera
Enviado desde Thunderbird

Casey <cwollner@...>

Hi what does this add on all do for your clip board?

I must have missed that part of the messages about this add on.

On 7/19/2018 11:55 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi all,

For those who wanted a way to let NVDA announce various clipboard operations, now you have it in the form of Clipspeak add-on by Damien Garwood:

https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/clipspeak.en.html

Cheers,

Joseph

--

Casey

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Basically the idea is a more intelligent announcement when you use the clipboard shortcut keys. IE it does what Jaws and other screenreaders do and says what you have done. Unlike the basic clipboard keys announce add on we have been using it attempts to only say what its really done.
Unfortunately it was quite slow and as I said did make pasting into word often complain with a low memory error but in fact the paste did work. It also used to come up with some interesting comments when using goldwave cut and paste of audio files as well.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

Hi what does this add on all do for your clip board?

I must have missed that part of the messages about this add on.

On 7/19/2018 11:55 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi all,

For those who wanted a way to let NVDA announce various clipboard
operations, now you have it in the form of Clipspeak add-on by Damien
Garwood:

https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/clipspeak.en.html

Cheers,

Joseph

--

Casey

Gerardo Corripio

Speaking of which, I downloaded off the page Joseph gave, and it installed version 1.0, thus when I went to install it, NVDAreported that version 1.0 was already installed, asking if I wanted to install it anyway? I wonder then what's the new version, and is it available from the Stable download option?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Casey" <cwollner@wi.rr.com>