From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Governor staten
Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2018 6:21 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] improvements for zoom

Will the improvements for Zoom make it into 2018.3? I hope they do? I can now use NVDA for one more thing I couldn't use it for previously, in a more perfect way.

Sam Bushman

What improvements are scheduled for zoom?

Will the improvements for Zoom make it into 2018.3? I hope they do? I can now use NVDA for one more thing I couldn't use it for previously, in a more perfect way.

Hi,
In NVDA 2018.2.1 and earlier, NVDA could not announce various status notifications in this app. Now it will in NVDA 2018.3 (this was developed by someone other than NV Access).
Cheers,
Joseph

What improvements are scheduled for zoom?

Will the improvements for Zoom make it into 2018.3? I hope they do? I can now use NVDA for one more thing I couldn't use it for previously, in a more perfect way.

Mostly, alerts are now properly read when actions occur in a meeting. Take microphone on or off mute, screen sharing, chat messages, start or stop your video. I think you got the picture. It is nice that this works. I don't know how simple or complicated it would be to fix the edit fields so you can arrow around in them. Reading of alerts is fantastic!

On 7/21/2018 9:29 PM, Sam Bushman wrote:

What improvements are scheduled for zoom?

Will the improvements for Zoom make it into 2018.3? I hope they do? I can now use NVDA for one more thing I couldn't use it for previously, in a more perfect way.

Sam Bushman

Amen, thank you all, I use this for work and it’s a true blessing. Thanks again, well done!

Sam