improvements for zoom

Will the improvements for Zoom make it into 2018.3? I hope they do? I can now use NVDA for one more thing I couldn't use it for previously, in a more perfect way.

Hi,
Yes, it made the cut.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Governor staten
Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2018 6:21 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] improvements for zoom

Will the improvements for Zoom make it into 2018.3? I hope they do? I can now use NVDA for one more thing I couldn't use it for previously, in a more perfect way.

Sam Bushman

What improvements are scheduled for zoom?

Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2018 7:21 PM

Hi,
In NVDA 2018.2.1 and earlier, NVDA could not announce various status notifications in this app. Now it will in NVDA 2018.3 (this was developed by someone other than NV Access).
Cheers,
Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sam Bushman
Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2018 6:29 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] improvements for zoom

Mostly, alerts are now properly read when actions occur in a meeting. Take microphone on or off mute, screen sharing, chat messages, start or stop your video. I think you got the picture. It is nice that this works. I don't know how simple or complicated it would be to fix the edit fields so you can arrow around in them. Reading of alerts is fantastic!

On 7/21/2018 9:29 PM, Sam Bushman wrote:

Sam Bushman

Amen, thank you all, I use this for work and it’s a true blessing. Thanks again, well done!

Sam

Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2018 7:34 PM

Mostly, alerts are now properly read when actions occur in a meeting. Take microphone on or off mute, screen sharing, chat messages, start or stop your video. I think you got the picture. It is nice that this works. I don't know how simple or complicated it would be to fix the edit fields so you can arrow around in them. Reading of alerts is fantastic!

On 7/21/2018 9:29 PM, Sam Bushman wrote:

I am hugely confused why people didn't write to zoom and ask them to fix it. I don't get it, but anyway, if anybody wants to write in to the access team, their email is below. If I were you, I would write more than, edit fields don't work. Their email is below. The below goes to their accessibility team. People should write to them.

access@...

Brian's Mail list account

Correct me if I am wrong but I seem to recall, Jaws needed to have a script written for it to work also, so maybe the code is not easy to actually fix.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2018 5:02 PM

I am hugely confused why people didn't write to zoom and ask them to fix it. I don't get it, but anyway, if anybody wants to write in to the access team, their email is below. If I were you, I would write more than, edit fields don't work. Their email is below. The below goes to their accessibility team. People should write to them.

access@...