skype 8 for desktop

Kerryn Gunness <k_gunness@...>

hi all
below is a link which microsoft give short cuts for skype 8 for desktop

kerryn

P. Otter

you're right, but there is not mention the hotkey to answer a call!
and that's the problem.
cheers
paul otter

Op 23-7-2018 om 01:14 schreef Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io:

hi all
below is a link which microsoft give short cuts for skype 8 for desktop

kerryn

Cristóbal

Correct. There isn’t, but the answer has since been provided. So problem solved. This should of course be included in Skype’s info, but for one reason or another, it’s not. Either way, the answer is once again, control plus shift  plus P. I found this out by playing with the the program and doing some test calls after my original query got back all sorts of outdated or irrelevant info. The ideal scenario would be that the information should be easily and readily accessible via Skype itself, but it’s not. And so it goes…

you're right, but there is not mention the hotkey to answer a call!
and that's the problem.
cheers
paul otter

Op 23-7-2018 om 01:14 schreef Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io:

hi all

below is a link which microsoft give short cuts for skype 8 for desktop

kerryn

Bobby Vinton <vinton.bobby5277@...>

Hay I was also wondering how to exit or quit skype from the system tray?

On 7/22/2018 8:58 PM, P. Otter wrote:
you're right, but there is not mention the hotkey to answer a call!
and that's the problem.
cheers
paul otter

Op 23-7-2018 om 01:14 schreef Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io:
hi all
below is a link which microsoft give short cuts for skype 8 for desktop

kerryn

P. Otter

ok, that means, it is the same hotkey as to start an audio conversation?
rather strange!
i've tryed it out but it don't work.
i'm afraid there is'nt one!!

Op 23-7-2018 om 03:04 schreef Cristóbal:

[...]

Brian K. Lingard

This message train does not appear to discuss Skype 8 for desktops in connection with NVDA. Does it belong here or on Skype English list?

Many mail clients include highly effective grammar & spelling checkers. Please use them to promote excellence in writing style, spelling and capitalization & grammar. Please set your mail client to require spelling and grammar checks on all mail prior to sending. After running the checkers, remember to proofread your post. This improves your writing style. As well as letting, you touch up errors the checkers somehow neglected to find.

Brian

Ok, that means, it is the same hotkey as to start an audio conversation?
Rather strange!
I have tried it out but it do not work.
I am afraid there is not one!!

Op 23-7-2018 Om 03:04 schreef Cristóbal:

Correct. There is not, but the answer has since been provided. So problem solved. This should of course be included in Skype’s info, but for one reason or another, it is not. Either way, the answer is once again, control plus shift plus P. I found this out by playing with the program and doing some test calls after my original query got back all sorts of outdated or irrelevant info. The ideal scenario would be that the information should be easily and readily accessible via Skype itself, but it is not. Therefore, it goes…

You are right, but there is not mention the hotkey to answer a call!
In addition, that is the problem.
Cheers
Paul otter

Op 23-7-2018 om 01:14 schreef Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io:

hi all

below is a link, which Microsoft give short cuts for skype 8 for desktop

kerryn

Brian K. Lingard

This message train does discuss Skype 8 for desktop, however has nothing to do with NVDA, this list's topic.

Perhaps should migrate to Skype English?

Please, Use grammar & spell checkers for optimal writing perfection. In addition, proofread.

1,200 bytes of redundant list trailers deleted.

Brian

Hay I was also wondering how to exit or quit skype from the system tray?

On 7/22/2018 8:58 PM, P. Otter wrote:

you are right, but there is not mention the hotkey to answer a call!
in addition, that is the problem.
cheers
Paul otter

Op 23-7-2018 om 01:14 schreef Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io:

hi all

below is a link, which Microsoft give short cuts for skype 8 for desktop

kerryn

Brian K. Lingard

1,301 bytes redundant trailer lines deleted.

Perhaps belongs on Skype English?

Please, use grammar, spell checkers and proofread;

Please quote just enough to maintain continuity of thought per list rule; or sum up prior messages in a sentence or two, a highly prized skill.

Brian

[...]

Clare Page <clare.page@...>

Hi!

It’s no longer possible to quit Skype from the system tray with NVDA when using Skype 8: however, if you press control+q from within the Skype 8 window, that makes you quit the program completely.

The control+q keystroke isn’t in the list of key commands from Microsoft which several people have sent a link to, but I read about it before getting Skype 8, and when I wanted to quit Skype 8 after installing it, I found that control+q works for that;

I hope this helps!

Bye for now!

From Clare

Hay I was also wondering how to exit or quit skype from the system tray?

On 7/22/2018 8:58 PM, P. Otter wrote:

you're right, but there is not mention the hotkey to answer a call!
and that's the problem.
cheers
paul otter

Op 23-7-2018 om 01:14 schreef Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io:

hi all

below is a link which microsoft give short cuts for skype 8 for desktop

kerryn

P. Otter

Hey, dear fellow, are you bored perhaps?
Cheers
Paul Otter

Op 23-7-2018 om 10:49 schreef Brian K. Lingard:

[...]

control q will quit skype 8  generally

Hay I was also wondering how to exit or quit skype from the system tray?

On 7/22/2018 8:58 PM, P. Otter wrote:
you're right, but there is not mention the hotkey to answer a call!
and that's the problem.
cheers
paul otter

Op 23-7-2018 om 01:14 schreef Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io:
hi all
below is a link which microsoft give short cuts for skype 8 for desktop

kerryn

Gene

Since its founding, the list has permitted some off topic discussion.

Sent: Monday, July 23, 2018 3:20 AM

[...]

While it would be nice if people read their messages before sending, and so forth, this list, and no other list I'm on, requires it and it is generally considered bad form to comment on writing or grammar except in egregious circumstances where a message is difficult to understand.  It is generally advised to observe the culture of a list before commenting on such things.  Also, such comments are, except in egregious cases, far better either not commented on or, if you want the list to start trying to encourage good writing, such comments should be sent to the owner and moderator, using the link given in the footer of each message for that purpose.

Gene, moderator

Hay I was also wondering how to exit or quit skype from the system tray?

On 7/22/2018 8:58 PM, P. Otter wrote:

you are right, but there is not mention the hotkey to answer a call!
in addition, that is the problem.
cheers
Paul otter

Op 23-7-2018 om 01:14 schreef Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io:

hi all

below is a link, which Microsoft give short cuts for skype 8 for desktop

kerryn

Gene

Please stop policing the list and serving as a moderator.

Sent: Monday, July 23, 2018 3:20 AM

[...]

Brian's Mail list account

I sometimes sit here and find myself wondering why nobody heeds the well trodden rule of humanity. If something is not broken, don't try to fix it. That is all that needs to be said about Skype from its inception to now.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

below is a link which microsoft give short cuts for skype 8 for desktop

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12025/what-are-hotkeys-and-how-do-i-use-them-in-skype

kerryn

Cristóbal

I do find it somewhat ironic someone complaining about threads and all the lines they needlessly take up when they’ve got a rather long signature line included in their email messages. Contact me this, Skype me that and so on. It’s not exactly a bunch of giggles getting past that every single time if you wish to scroll down a thread to read the thread.

Since its founding, the list has permitted some off topic discussion.

Sent: Monday, July 23, 2018 3:20 AM

[...]

Rosemarie Chavarria

Pardon me, but is this an NVDA list or a list to teach grammar skills? I didn't know we had an English professor on the list. You must be very bored to be correcting everybody's messages.

That's all I'll say.

[...]

Excuse me but Gene Asner is the moderator--not you.

Hay I was also wondering how to exit or quit skype from the system tray?

On 7/22/2018 8:58 PM, P. Otter wrote:

you are right, but there is not mention the hotkey to answer a call!
in addition, that is the problem.
cheers
Paul otter

Op 23-7-2018 om 01:14 schreef Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io:

hi all

below is a link, which Microsoft give short cuts for skype 8 for desktop

kerryn

Ervin, Glenn

Although I don’t expect it to happen by everyone on a list, I must add that I wish more folks would use a spellchecker on their eMail program.

If one has Office installed, then your eMail program will definitely be able to check your eMail messages when you send them.

If you don’t have Office installed, I think some eMail programs have a spellchecking function included, I haven’t come across them though.

I can excuse smart phones and tablets, as their spellchecking functions may be harder to use.

Although not required, on lists, it is just good practice in my opinion.

Glenn