a question for geen nz

Bobby Vinton

Hay I was wondering if you still use the free you tube down loader for windows?  I was wondering if the program is still accessible?  I am asking because you did a demo on the program.  I have not updated the program in a year butt I am using the older version.  Just let me know.

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi Bobby

Since that tutorial was done back then i used a few times mainly for
getting the shows that were on you tube like space 1999 the complete
series etc.

i have not upgraded that version what ever its version number was. I
just went looking on this machine for it just then but remembered i had
replaced the drive with a solid state drive and not put it back on yet.

It was very simple to use and there is a link in the tutorial if i
remember to where you can get it from and the basics of using it.

I just re downloaded it just then and will set it up shortly what ever
the version it was. It will be used on a windows 10 machine 1803 build.

The tutorial for it is on the nvda tutorials for other programs page or
it comes off it.

The link to the page it's self is
http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/How%20to%20use%20the%20Free%20YouTube%20Downloader%20program%20with%20NVDA.html

I am hoping to put up a Skype 8 for desk top tutorial  later on this
week as well to that same page it comes off.

It just has to be tidied up and maybe a web version of skype as well
maybe sooner or later.

Gene nz

On 7/24/2018 3:31 PM, Bobby Vinton wrote:
Hay I was wondering if you still use the free you tube down loader for
windows?  I was wondering if the program is still accessible?  I am
asking because you did a demo on the program.  I have not updated the
program in a year butt I am using the older version. Just let me know.

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi Bobby

I just downloaded and set u this new version make sure you uncheck the
third party software it looks as though it is for anti virus and some
thing to do with 360 anti virus?

In some of the areas where it does not read out use the nvda key +
letter B to see what it says.

I am just going back in for a look to see what might of changed or not.

Gene nz

On 7/24/2018 3:31 PM, Bobby Vinton wrote:
Hay I was wondering if you still use the free you tube down loader for
windows?  I was wondering if the program is still accessible?  I am
asking because you did a demo on the program.  I have not updated the
program in a year butt I am using the older version. Just let me know.

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>

There's always my program, the Youtube Downloader User Interface, and you can find it at
http://www.softcon.com/files/
There's other programs on that page too, but the ytdlui program works with 3 different programs to do the actual downloading, including youtube-dl, curl, and wget. You'll need to read the documentation to find the download locations, and you'll also need to make sure at least one of those programs are in the same directory as the ytdlui program, but it works quite nicely, allows multiple urls, (one per line), and logs the status of each download so you have a record of what was downloaded, and when it was done.

On Mon, 23 Jul 2018, Bobby Vinton wrote:

Hay I was wondering if you still use the free you tube down loader for windows?  I was wondering if the program is still accessible?  I am asking because you did a demo on the program.  I have not updated the program in a year butt I am using the older version.  Just let me know.

John Isige

I get 403 forbidden when I click that link.

On 7/28/2018 18:28, Travis Siegel wrote:
[...]

Sorry, permissions error, all fixed now.

On Sat, 28 Jul 2018, John Isige wrote:

[...]

Are you clicking on the link or copying and pasting it into a browser?  Copying and pasting the link works.  Make sure you aren't copying any extraneous material.  I don't know if clicking on the link works.  I didn't try it.

Gene
I get 403 forbidden when I click that link.

On 7/28/2018 18:28, Travis Siegel wrote:
> There's always my program, the Youtube Downloader User Interface, and
> you can find it at
> http://www.softcon.com/files/
> There's other programs on that page too, but the ytdlui program works
> with 3 different programs to do the actual downloading, including
> youtube-dl, curl, and wget.  You'll need to read the documentation to
> find the download locations, and you'll also need to make sure at
> least one of those programs are in the same directory as the ytdlui
> program, but it works quite nicely, allows multiple urls, (one per
> line), and logs the status of each download so you have a record of
> what was downloaded, and when it was done.
>
> On Mon, 23 Jul 2018, Bobby Vinton wrote:
>
>> Hay I was wondering if you still use the free you tube down loader
>> for windows?  I was wondering if the program is still accessible?  I
>> am asking because you did a demo on the program.  I have not updated
>> the program in a year butt I am using the older version.  Just let me
>> know.

John Isige

Huh! That did indeed work, thanks!

On 7/28/2018 19:54, Gene wrote:
[...]

Hmmm.

I may also look at this page.

youtube dlg is fine for what it is, but version 0.38 is the last ever accessible version existing so maybe I look at this to.