ccleaner again!


 

Hi.

Well if it wern't enough, today, ccleaner had an update, the website said there wasn't one, but there was an update.

So what does this mean, you can no longer clean up old windows instalations.

In addition to the monitering, ccleaner can run on your computer unless you hit another button.

Even when things are cleared, it wasn't honoring my settings.

At first I tried the puran utilities, but I always liked ccleaner.

Anyway, there is a solution to this and also largely the accessibility problems we face.

CCleaner portable is that solution, I was able to set it to startup exactly how I wanted, you can run either 32 or 64 bit executable, I ran the 32 bit version just because.

So, by default no monitoring no startup, no shortcuts, nothing.

I had to doodle round a bit but I was able at least in win7 to accessibly well sort of anyway to set my options.

So you can just search for ccleaner portable on google and get this.

Place the following into the directory where you plan to have ccleaner installed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m15toyhbsmdy5fb/ccleaner.ini?dl=1

Note due to dropbox limits, if someone can perminantly host this somewhere or as many people as can have this up so others can grab it.

CCleaner uses an ini file for its settings and not the registry.

So what does the ini file have in it.

All the settings are set, no wipe space, no startup, no monitoring.

You don't need the inaccessible control panel, the privacy buttons in the latest version seem gone to but oh well.

There are trial nag screens, updates currently are left active.

Note, for those with uac you will have to allow it through each time you run it.

You will also have to go to options, and find settings you may have to tab shift tab a few times to find it, and then check the boxes for the open and run ccleaner from recycle bin and it will make those shortcuts work.

Right now it also warns you of updates

This will give us ccleaner without avast, and the monitoring issues, and extra junk piriform and avast seem deturmoned to foist on us poor users!

Its not much of a jesture of rebelion but as long as the ini file is backed up and I don't plan to remove it any time soon it being so small, we can probably use ccleaner with minimal configuration.

As long as the portable works.

Now the only reason I even bother with updates is because of win10 and its servicing branch else I'd actually never bother updating it.

Bar the registry settings noncence there is no need to actually have it installed at all.

All functions can run from it.


Eleni Vamvakari
 

Is this for the official portable version or the one on Portable Apps?
Why would we need a special settings file when settings are saved
automatically? What did you mean when you said it was inaccessible?
I'm a bit confused about all of this. I'm using this version right
now and it looks the same as it always has.

https://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/ccportable

On 24/07/2018, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi.

Well if it wern't enough, today, ccleaner had an update, the website
said there wasn't one, but there was an update.

So what does this mean, you can no longer clean up old windows
instalations.

In addition to the monitering, ccleaner can run on your computer unless
you hit another button.

Even when things are cleared, it wasn't honoring my settings.

At first I tried the puran utilities, but I always liked ccleaner.

Anyway, there is a solution to this and also largely the accessibility
problems we face.

CCleaner portable is that solution, I was able to set it to startup
exactly how I wanted, you can run either 32 or 64 bit executable, I ran
the 32 bit version just because.

So, by default no monitoring no startup, no shortcuts, nothing.

I had to doodle round a bit but I was able at least in win7 to
accessibly well sort of anyway to set my options.

So you can just search for ccleaner portable on google and get this.

Place the following into the directory where you plan to have ccleaner
installed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m15toyhbsmdy5fb/ccleaner.ini?dl=1

Note due to dropbox limits, if someone can perminantly host this
somewhere or as many people as can have this up so others can grab it.

CCleaner uses an ini file for its settings and not the registry.

So what does the ini file have in it.

All the settings are set, no wipe space, no startup, no monitoring.

You don't need the inaccessible control panel, the privacy buttons in
the latest version seem gone to but oh well.

There are trial nag screens, updates currently are left active.

Note, for those with uac you will have to allow it through each time you
run it.

You will also have to go to options, and find settings you may have to
tab shift tab a few times to find it, and then check the boxes for the
open and run ccleaner from recycle bin and it will make those shortcuts
work.

Right now it also warns you of updates

This will give us ccleaner without avast, and the monitoring issues, and
extra junk piriform and avast seem deturmoned to foist on us poor users!

Its not much of a jesture of rebelion but as long as the ini file is
backed up and I don't plan to remove it any time soon it being so small,
we can probably use ccleaner with minimal configuration.

As long as the portable works.

Now the only reason I even bother with updates is because of win10 and
its servicing branch else I'd actually never bother updating it.

Bar the registry settings noncence there is no need to actually have it
installed at all.

All functions can run from it.





--
Facebook: elvam2167@gmail.com

anyaudio.net: elvam2167

Skype: elvam2167


Roger Stewart
 

I checked this link, and it appears to be only an .ini file for cCleaner and not the portable version.

Thanks.

Roger

On 7/24/2018 2:10 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Hi.

Well if it wern't enough, today, ccleaner had an update, the website said there wasn't one, but there was an update.

So what does this mean, you can no longer clean up old windows instalations.

In addition to the monitering, ccleaner can run on your computer unless you hit another button.

Even when things are cleared, it wasn't honoring my settings.

At first I tried the puran utilities, but I always liked ccleaner.

Anyway, there is a solution to this and also largely the accessibility problems we face.

CCleaner portable is that solution, I was able to set it to startup exactly how I wanted, you can run either 32 or 64 bit executable, I ran the 32 bit version just because.

So, by default no monitoring no startup, no shortcuts, nothing.

I had to doodle round a bit but I was able at least in win7 to accessibly well sort of anyway to set my options.

So you can just search for ccleaner portable on google and get this.

Place the following into the directory where you plan to have ccleaner installed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m15toyhbsmdy5fb/ccleaner.ini?dl=1

Note due to dropbox limits, if someone can perminantly host this somewhere or as many people as can have this up so others can grab it.

CCleaner uses an ini file for its settings and not the registry.

So what does the ini file have in it.

All the settings are set, no wipe space, no startup, no monitoring.

You don't need the inaccessible control panel, the privacy buttons in the latest version seem gone to but oh well.

There are trial nag screens, updates currently are left active.

Note, for those with uac you will have to allow it through each time you run it.

You will also have to go to options, and find settings you may have to tab shift tab a few times to find it, and then check the boxes for the open and run ccleaner from recycle bin and it will make those shortcuts work.

Right now it also warns you of updates

This will give us ccleaner without avast, and the monitoring issues, and extra junk piriform and avast seem deturmoned to foist on us poor users!

Its not much of a jesture of rebelion but as long as the ini file is backed up and I don't plan to remove it any time soon it being so small, we can probably use ccleaner with minimal configuration.

As long as the portable works.

Now the only reason I even bother with updates is because of win10 and its servicing branch else I'd actually never bother updating it.

Bar the registry settings noncence there is no need to actually have it installed at all.

All functions can run from it.




.


 

You don't but the setting are saved automatically but with the way ccleaner has gotten access wize I thought I'd just put it out there.

Latest installs will moniter your system and such even if you turn it off maybe I am missing something but I no longer can trust the installers and I don't need to now.

On 7/25/2018 7:22 AM, Eleni Vamvakari wrote:
Is this for the official portable version or the one on Portable Apps?
Why would we need a special settings file when settings are saved
automatically? What did you mean when you said it was inaccessible?
I'm a bit confused about all of this. I'm using this version right
now and it looks the same as it always has.

https://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/ccportable

On 24/07/2018, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi.

Well if it wern't enough, today, ccleaner had an update, the website
said there wasn't one, but there was an update.

So what does this mean, you can no longer clean up old windows
instalations.

In addition to the monitering, ccleaner can run on your computer unless
you hit another button.

Even when things are cleared, it wasn't honoring my settings.

At first I tried the puran utilities, but I always liked ccleaner.

Anyway, there is a solution to this and also largely the accessibility
problems we face.

CCleaner portable is that solution, I was able to set it to startup
exactly how I wanted, you can run either 32 or 64 bit executable, I ran
the 32 bit version just because.

So, by default no monitoring no startup, no shortcuts, nothing.

I had to doodle round a bit but I was able at least in win7 to
accessibly well sort of anyway to set my options.

So you can just search for ccleaner portable on google and get this.

Place the following into the directory where you plan to have ccleaner
installed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m15toyhbsmdy5fb/ccleaner.ini?dl=1

Note due to dropbox limits, if someone can perminantly host this
somewhere or as many people as can have this up so others can grab it.

CCleaner uses an ini file for its settings and not the registry.

So what does the ini file have in it.

All the settings are set, no wipe space, no startup, no monitoring.

You don't need the inaccessible control panel, the privacy buttons in
the latest version seem gone to but oh well.

There are trial nag screens, updates currently are left active.

Note, for those with uac you will have to allow it through each time you
run it.

You will also have to go to options, and find settings you may have to
tab shift tab a few times to find it, and then check the boxes for the
open and run ccleaner from recycle bin and it will make those shortcuts
work.

Right now it also warns you of updates

This will give us ccleaner without avast, and the monitoring issues, and
extra junk piriform and avast seem deturmoned to foist on us poor users!

Its not much of a jesture of rebelion but as long as the ini file is
backed up and I don't plan to remove it any time soon it being so small,
we can probably use ccleaner with minimal configuration.

As long as the portable works.

Now the only reason I even bother with updates is because of win10 and
its servicing branch else I'd actually never bother updating it.

Bar the registry settings noncence there is no need to actually have it
installed at all.

All functions can run from it.






 

I said search google for it.

https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download/portable

Thats the latest portable, unzip it somewhere you want for those that can't google its the first on the top of the list of results.

Yes portable apps version will work with this to if you want it so.

On 7/25/2018 7:31 AM, Roger Stewart wrote:
I checked this link, and it appears to be only an .ini file for cCleaner and not the portable version.

Thanks.

Roger










On 7/24/2018 2:10 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Hi.

Well if it wern't enough, today, ccleaner had an update, the website said there wasn't one, but there was an update.

So what does this mean, you can no longer clean up old windows instalations.

In addition to the monitering, ccleaner can run on your computer unless you hit another button.

Even when things are cleared, it wasn't honoring my settings.

At first I tried the puran utilities, but I always liked ccleaner.

Anyway, there is a solution to this and also largely the accessibility problems we face.

CCleaner portable is that solution, I was able to set it to startup exactly how I wanted, you can run either 32 or 64 bit executable, I ran the 32 bit version just because.

So, by default no monitoring no startup, no shortcuts, nothing.

I had to doodle round a bit but I was able at least in win7 to accessibly well sort of anyway to set my options.

So you can just search for ccleaner portable on google and get this.

Place the following into the directory where you plan to have ccleaner installed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m15toyhbsmdy5fb/ccleaner.ini?dl=1

Note due to dropbox limits, if someone can perminantly host this somewhere or as many people as can have this up so others can grab it.

CCleaner uses an ini file for its settings and not the registry.

So what does the ini file have in it.

All the settings are set, no wipe space, no startup, no monitoring.

You don't need the inaccessible control panel, the privacy buttons in the latest version seem gone to but oh well.

There are trial nag screens, updates currently are left active.

Note, for those with uac you will have to allow it through each time you run it.

You will also have to go to options, and find settings you may have to tab shift tab a few times to find it, and then check the boxes for the open and run ccleaner from recycle bin and it will make those shortcuts work.

Right now it also warns you of updates

This will give us ccleaner without avast, and the monitoring issues, and extra junk piriform and avast seem deturmoned to foist on us poor users!

Its not much of a jesture of rebelion but as long as the ini file is backed up and I don't plan to remove it any time soon it being so small, we can probably use ccleaner with minimal configuration.

As long as the portable works.

Now the only reason I even bother with updates is because of win10 and its servicing branch else I'd actually never bother updating it.

Bar the registry settings noncence there is no need to actually have it installed at all.

All functions can run from it.





.



Roger Stewart
 

Thanks much!  All good now.


Roger

On 7/24/2018 2:41 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
I said search google for it.

https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download/portable

Thats the latest portable, unzip it somewhere you want for those that can't google its the first on the top of the list of results.

Yes portable apps version will work with this to if you want it so.



On 7/25/2018 7:31 AM, Roger Stewart wrote:
I checked this link, and it appears to be only an .ini file for cCleaner and not the portable version.

Thanks.

Roger










On 7/24/2018 2:10 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Hi.

Well if it wern't enough, today, ccleaner had an update, the website said there wasn't one, but there was an update.

So what does this mean, you can no longer clean up old windows instalations.

In addition to the monitering, ccleaner can run on your computer unless you hit another button.

Even when things are cleared, it wasn't honoring my settings.

At first I tried the puran utilities, but I always liked ccleaner.

Anyway, there is a solution to this and also largely the accessibility problems we face.

CCleaner portable is that solution, I was able to set it to startup exactly how I wanted, you can run either 32 or 64 bit executable, I ran the 32 bit version just because.

So, by default no monitoring no startup, no shortcuts, nothing.

I had to doodle round a bit but I was able at least in win7 to accessibly well sort of anyway to set my options.

So you can just search for ccleaner portable on google and get this.

Place the following into the directory where you plan to have ccleaner installed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m15toyhbsmdy5fb/ccleaner.ini?dl=1

Note due to dropbox limits, if someone can perminantly host this somewhere or as many people as can have this up so others can grab it.

CCleaner uses an ini file for its settings and not the registry.

So what does the ini file have in it.

All the settings are set, no wipe space, no startup, no monitoring.

You don't need the inaccessible control panel, the privacy buttons in the latest version seem gone to but oh well.

There are trial nag screens, updates currently are left active.

Note, for those with uac you will have to allow it through each time you run it.

You will also have to go to options, and find settings you may have to tab shift tab a few times to find it, and then check the boxes for the open and run ccleaner from recycle bin and it will make those shortcuts work.

Right now it also warns you of updates

This will give us ccleaner without avast, and the monitoring issues, and extra junk piriform and avast seem deturmoned to foist on us poor users!

Its not much of a jesture of rebelion but as long as the ini file is backed up and I don't plan to remove it any time soon it being so small, we can probably use ccleaner with minimal configuration.

As long as the portable works.

Now the only reason I even bother with updates is because of win10 and its servicing branch else I'd actually never bother updating it.

Bar the registry settings noncence there is no need to actually have it installed at all.

All functions can run from it.





.






Clare Page <clare.page@...>
 

Hi!
After reading the email below, I'd like to thank you, Shaun, for reminding us about the portable version of CCleaner. Thanks also for adding a link to the .ini file which goes with the portable version.
Since the Windows 7 laptop I'm using is 64-bit, I decided to try out the 64-bit CCleaner in the portable version, and it worked perfectly. As you say, no more Avast, and I never used monitoring in the installed pr'ogram anyway.
CCleaner portable does everything I need, so I plan to stick with it from now on. I admit this is one of those "I don't know why I didn't do this before" moments. Good to have the choice of installed or portable, though!
Bye for now!
From Clare

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: mardi 24 juillet 2018 21:10
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] ccleaner again!

Hi.

Well if it wern't enough, today, ccleaner had an update, the website
said there wasn't one, but there was an update.

So what does this mean, you can no longer clean up old windows instalations.

In addition to the monitering, ccleaner can run on your computer unless
you hit another button.

Even when things are cleared, it wasn't honoring my settings.

At first I tried the puran utilities, but I always liked ccleaner.

Anyway, there is a solution to this and also largely the accessibility
problems we face.

CCleaner portable is that solution, I was able to set it to startup
exactly how I wanted, you can run either 32 or 64 bit executable, I ran
the 32 bit version just because.

So, by default no monitoring no startup, no shortcuts, nothing.

I had to doodle round a bit but I was able at least in win7 to
accessibly well sort of anyway to set my options.

So you can just search for ccleaner portable on google and get this.

Place the following into the directory where you plan to have ccleaner
installed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m15toyhbsmdy5fb/ccleaner.ini?dl=1

Note due to dropbox limits, if someone can perminantly host this
somewhere or as many people as can have this up so others can grab it.

CCleaner uses an ini file for its settings and not the registry.

So what does the ini file have in it.

All the settings are set, no wipe space, no startup, no monitoring.

You don't need the inaccessible control panel, the privacy buttons in
the latest version seem gone to but oh well.

There are trial nag screens, updates currently are left active.

Note, for those with uac you will have to allow it through each time you
run it.

You will also have to go to options, and find settings you may have to
tab shift tab a few times to find it, and then check the boxes for the
open and run ccleaner from recycle bin and it will make those shortcuts
work.

Right now it also warns you of updates

This will give us ccleaner without avast, and the monitoring issues, and
extra junk piriform and avast seem deturmoned to foist on us poor users!

Its not much of a jesture of rebelion but as long as the ini file is
backed up and I don't plan to remove it any time soon it being so small,
we can probably use ccleaner with minimal configuration.

As long as the portable works.

Now the only reason I even bother with updates is because of win10 and
its servicing branch else I'd actually never bother updating it.

Bar the registry settings noncence there is no need to actually have it
installed at all.

All functions can run from it.


 

The only thing you don't get in portable is settings in the registry and the desktop and start menu short cuts and the uac allow task.

In addition, you can edit the ini file and input your settings and skip the inaccessible configuration panel.

Its a bit round about, but you can also add the open and run comands to the recycle bin as always.

You can run 32 or 64 bit ccleaner if you want.

I have just updated the ccleaner settings to not include some extra monitering stuff as well as the excluding of ccleaner, piriform and avast cookies from deletion if you visit these sites.

So no tracking for avast.

A note of warning, there are enhancement inis for ccleaner out there.

Don't use them or only use what you need, a large ini file will cause ccleaner to run really slow if you get a big list only get what you need from that ini file.

You can also modify settings etc.

One thing that could be a concern for those that care is that anyone can read change etc your ini file.

But in addition for it being portable you can back it up to the cloud.

The trial offers are off by default to, this solution doesn't fix the inaccessible nature of the crappy ccleaner interface which is destined to continue to be utter crap for ever.

It however does allow the use of the reasonably stable non crappy core engine in a way we can interact though we will have to fiddle about with a file, keep that file backed up, but yeah if you need to you can.

You can even add removed rules back.

If you want to add rules back you can always run an older version of ccleaner and backup the settings to an ini file from options.

A word of warning though, if something is removed it usually means something is screwing up, it doesn't happen often but you may want to from time to time if something is changed, when you update the portable check the ini file in the portable to see what has changed if the release notes say it.

However most importantly only coppy the settings over from any ini either big enhancement list or new ccleaner you need it will save us a lot of headakes.

I have yet to figure out how to do a skip uac task for ccleaner exactly but if you really want it you can find it and put it in.

One thing I like with the portable is you are pritty much the boss of the program.

It can no longer not honor any settings and most importantly it won't install avast, chrome or other unwanted addware.

Lets hope the core continues to work, its all we need the interface can go to the bin, as long as we have the ini file about and as long as portable works then we can run ccleaner easily enough.

You may if you don't get my ini file, need to go through with a sightling to setup the ccleaner program portable how you like it but once your ccleaner is backed up and the ini is quite small usually then you should be done.

On 7/25/2018 9:33 PM, Clare Page wrote:
Hi!
After reading the email below, I'd like to thank you, Shaun, for reminding us about the portable version of CCleaner. Thanks also for adding a link to the .ini file which goes with the portable version.
Since the Windows 7 laptop I'm using is 64-bit, I decided to try out the 64-bit CCleaner in the portable version, and it worked perfectly. As you say, no more Avast, and I never used monitoring in the installed pr'ogram anyway.
CCleaner portable does everything I need, so I plan to stick with it from now on. I admit this is one of those "I don't know why I didn't do this before" moments. Good to have the choice of installed or portable, though!
Bye for now!
From Clare
-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: mardi 24 juillet 2018 21:10
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] ccleaner again!

Hi.

Well if it wern't enough, today, ccleaner had an update, the website
said there wasn't one, but there was an update.

So what does this mean, you can no longer clean up old windows instalations.

In addition to the monitering, ccleaner can run on your computer unless
you hit another button.

Even when things are cleared, it wasn't honoring my settings.

At first I tried the puran utilities, but I always liked ccleaner.

Anyway, there is a solution to this and also largely the accessibility
problems we face.

CCleaner portable is that solution, I was able to set it to startup
exactly how I wanted, you can run either 32 or 64 bit executable, I ran
the 32 bit version just because.

So, by default no monitoring no startup, no shortcuts, nothing.

I had to doodle round a bit but I was able at least in win7 to
accessibly well sort of anyway to set my options.

So you can just search for ccleaner portable on google and get this.

Place the following into the directory where you plan to have ccleaner
installed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m15toyhbsmdy5fb/ccleaner.ini?dl=1

Note due to dropbox limits, if someone can perminantly host this
somewhere or as many people as can have this up so others can grab it.

CCleaner uses an ini file for its settings and not the registry.

So what does the ini file have in it.

All the settings are set, no wipe space, no startup, no monitoring.

You don't need the inaccessible control panel, the privacy buttons in
the latest version seem gone to but oh well.

There are trial nag screens, updates currently are left active.

Note, for those with uac you will have to allow it through each time you
run it.

You will also have to go to options, and find settings you may have to
tab shift tab a few times to find it, and then check the boxes for the
open and run ccleaner from recycle bin and it will make those shortcuts
work.

Right now it also warns you of updates

This will give us ccleaner without avast, and the monitoring issues, and
extra junk piriform and avast seem deturmoned to foist on us poor users!

Its not much of a jesture of rebelion but as long as the ini file is
backed up and I don't plan to remove it any time soon it being so small,
we can probably use ccleaner with minimal configuration.

As long as the portable works.

Now the only reason I even bother with updates is because of win10 and
its servicing branch else I'd actually never bother updating it.

Bar the registry settings noncence there is no need to actually have it
installed at all.

All functions can run from it.








 

As for the comment about the why didn't I do that before moments, been there done that.

Back then I used winzip.

I was always cracking it not because I wanted it for free but because the trial screen was just a dog of a thing to bother with.

Eventually 7zip went to ribbons, and the site I was using got hacked and well some new laws came in and I had to do a cleanout.

I found and am still using 7zip, its opensource and much faster.

If I knew before I wouldn't even go the winzip root.

On 7/25/2018 9:33 PM, Clare Page wrote:
Hi!
After reading the email below, I'd like to thank you, Shaun, for reminding us about the portable version of CCleaner. Thanks also for adding a link to the .ini file which goes with the portable version.
Since the Windows 7 laptop I'm using is 64-bit, I decided to try out the 64-bit CCleaner in the portable version, and it worked perfectly. As you say, no more Avast, and I never used monitoring in the installed pr'ogram anyway.
CCleaner portable does everything I need, so I plan to stick with it from now on. I admit this is one of those "I don't know why I didn't do this before" moments. Good to have the choice of installed or portable, though!
Bye for now!
From Clare
-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: mardi 24 juillet 2018 21:10
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] ccleaner again!

Hi.

Well if it wern't enough, today, ccleaner had an update, the website
said there wasn't one, but there was an update.

So what does this mean, you can no longer clean up old windows instalations.

In addition to the monitering, ccleaner can run on your computer unless
you hit another button.

Even when things are cleared, it wasn't honoring my settings.

At first I tried the puran utilities, but I always liked ccleaner.

Anyway, there is a solution to this and also largely the accessibility
problems we face.

CCleaner portable is that solution, I was able to set it to startup
exactly how I wanted, you can run either 32 or 64 bit executable, I ran
the 32 bit version just because.

So, by default no monitoring no startup, no shortcuts, nothing.

I had to doodle round a bit but I was able at least in win7 to
accessibly well sort of anyway to set my options.

So you can just search for ccleaner portable on google and get this.

Place the following into the directory where you plan to have ccleaner
installed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m15toyhbsmdy5fb/ccleaner.ini?dl=1

Note due to dropbox limits, if someone can perminantly host this
somewhere or as many people as can have this up so others can grab it.

CCleaner uses an ini file for its settings and not the registry.

So what does the ini file have in it.

All the settings are set, no wipe space, no startup, no monitoring.

You don't need the inaccessible control panel, the privacy buttons in
the latest version seem gone to but oh well.

There are trial nag screens, updates currently are left active.

Note, for those with uac you will have to allow it through each time you
run it.

You will also have to go to options, and find settings you may have to
tab shift tab a few times to find it, and then check the boxes for the
open and run ccleaner from recycle bin and it will make those shortcuts
work.

Right now it also warns you of updates

This will give us ccleaner without avast, and the monitoring issues, and
extra junk piriform and avast seem deturmoned to foist on us poor users!

Its not much of a jesture of rebelion but as long as the ini file is
backed up and I don't plan to remove it any time soon it being so small,
we can probably use ccleaner with minimal configuration.

As long as the portable works.

Now the only reason I even bother with updates is because of win10 and
its servicing branch else I'd actually never bother updating it.

Bar the registry settings noncence there is no need to actually have it
installed at all.

All functions can run from it.








Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

Yes but the big issue was that its one issue behind, at least, the current version. I have also turned off in the installed version the feedback and check for updates in options with little trouble but then I'm on 7.
I find the start-up and the other tools very handy in ccleaner. Also it does seem to do a good job of stopping errors in adobe reader by cleaning up the registry. If a third party can do clean up crap updates, one has to wonder why adobe are so slapdash with their official installers. Bah humbug is all I'll say!
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shaun Everiss" <sm.everiss@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2018 8:10 PM
Subject: [nvda] ccleaner again!


Hi.

Well if it wern't enough, today, ccleaner had an update, the website said there wasn't one, but there was an update.

So what does this mean, you can no longer clean up old windows instalations.

In addition to the monitering, ccleaner can run on your computer unless you hit another button.

Even when things are cleared, it wasn't honoring my settings.

At first I tried the puran utilities, but I always liked ccleaner.

Anyway, there is a solution to this and also largely the accessibility problems we face.

CCleaner portable is that solution, I was able to set it to startup exactly how I wanted, you can run either 32 or 64 bit executable, I ran the 32 bit version just because.

So, by default no monitoring no startup, no shortcuts, nothing.

I had to doodle round a bit but I was able at least in win7 to accessibly well sort of anyway to set my options.

So you can just search for ccleaner portable on google and get this.

Place the following into the directory where you plan to have ccleaner installed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m15toyhbsmdy5fb/ccleaner.ini?dl=1

Note due to dropbox limits, if someone can perminantly host this somewhere or as many people as can have this up so others can grab it.

CCleaner uses an ini file for its settings and not the registry.

So what does the ini file have in it.

All the settings are set, no wipe space, no startup, no monitoring.

You don't need the inaccessible control panel, the privacy buttons in the latest version seem gone to but oh well.

There are trial nag screens, updates currently are left active.

Note, for those with uac you will have to allow it through each time you run it.

You will also have to go to options, and find settings you may have to tab shift tab a few times to find it, and then check the boxes for the open and run ccleaner from recycle bin and it will make those shortcuts work.

Right now it also warns you of updates

This will give us ccleaner without avast, and the monitoring issues, and extra junk piriform and avast seem deturmoned to foist on us poor users!

Its not much of a jesture of rebelion but as long as the ini file is backed up and I don't plan to remove it any time soon it being so small, we can probably use ccleaner with minimal configuration.

As long as the portable works.

Now the only reason I even bother with updates is because of win10 and its servicing branch else I'd actually never bother updating it.

Bar the registry settings noncence there is no need to actually have it installed at all.

All functions can run from it.




 

I have not bothered with the registry cleaner for ages a lot of people says its not safe and so I don't bother using reg cleaners but yeah managing restore points is something I do a lot startup items, brousers to, and the general junk cleanup.

thats about all I use it for though.

I couldn't do without it though.

On 7/25/2018 9:58 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Yes but the big issue was that its one issue behind, at least, the current version. I have also turned off in the installed version the feedback and check for updates in options with little trouble but then I'm on 7.
I find the  start-up and the other tools very handy in ccleaner. Also it does seem to do a good job of stopping errors in adobe reader by cleaning up the registry. If a third party can do clean up  crap updates, one has to wonder why adobe are so slapdash with their official installers. Bah humbug is all I'll say!
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Shaun Everiss" <sm.everiss@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2018 8:10 PM
Subject: [nvda] ccleaner again!


Hi.

Well if it wern't enough, today, ccleaner had an update, the website said there wasn't one, but there was an update.

So what does this mean, you can no longer clean up old windows instalations.

In addition to the monitering, ccleaner can run on your computer unless you hit another button.

Even when things are cleared, it wasn't honoring my settings.

At first I tried the puran utilities, but I always liked ccleaner.

Anyway, there is a solution to this and also largely the accessibility problems we face.

CCleaner portable is that solution, I was able to set it to startup exactly how I wanted, you can run either 32 or 64 bit executable, I ran the 32 bit version just because.

So, by default no monitoring no startup, no shortcuts, nothing.

I had to doodle round a bit but I was able at least in win7 to accessibly well sort of anyway to set my options.

So you can just search for ccleaner portable on google and get this.

Place the following into the directory where you plan to have ccleaner installed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m15toyhbsmdy5fb/ccleaner.ini?dl=1

Note due to dropbox limits, if someone can perminantly host this somewhere or as many people as can have this up so others can grab it.

CCleaner uses an ini file for its settings and not the registry.

So what does the ini file have in it.

All the settings are set, no wipe space, no startup, no monitoring.

You don't need the inaccessible control panel, the privacy buttons in the latest version seem gone to but oh well.

There are trial nag screens, updates currently are left active.

Note, for those with uac you will have to allow it through each time you run it.

You will also have to go to options, and find settings you may have to tab shift tab a few times to find it, and then check the boxes for the open and run ccleaner from recycle bin and it will make those shortcuts work.

Right now it also warns you of updates

This will give us ccleaner without avast, and the monitoring issues, and extra junk piriform and avast seem deturmoned to foist on us poor users!

Its not much of a jesture of rebelion but as long as the ini file is backed up and I don't plan to remove it any time soon it being so small, we can probably use ccleaner with minimal configuration.

As long as the portable works.

Now the only reason I even bother with updates is because of win10 and its servicing branch else I'd actually never bother updating it.

Bar the registry settings noncence there is no need to actually have it installed at all.

All functions can run from it.







Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

I eventually tracked the avast installation to a process in task manager written there by ccleaner even if you say no to avast. What it does is waits till you have forgotten all about it and the machine has been idle for a time then it craftily downloads avast and installs it. I caught it last time as it fell foul of my alteration to the startup on the registry program, and asked if it should start. I said no then I had a nice little round the mulberry bush morning of avastclear, which does not remove the task, and then searching for the task folder and removing it manually in safe mode.
I do feel that although Avast may see themselves as the bees knees of anti viruses, doing this sort of underhand installing is going to turn the general public off them big time and we are especially vulnerable due to the programs access issues. I used to like their system back before the accessproblems but since they have been buying up companies and trying to force their stuff on computers I find myself hating them instead!!
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shaun Everiss" <sm.everiss@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2018 8:39 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] ccleaner again!


You don't but the setting are saved automatically but with the way ccleaner has gotten access wize I thought I'd just put it out there.

Latest installs will moniter your system and such even if you turn it off maybe I am missing something but I no longer can trust the installers and I don't need to now.




On 7/25/2018 7:22 AM, Eleni Vamvakari wrote:
Is this for the official portable version or the one on Portable Apps?
Why would we need a special settings file when settings are saved
automatically? What did you mean when you said it was inaccessible?
I'm a bit confused about all of this. I'm using this version right
now and it looks the same as it always has.

https://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/ccportable

On 24/07/2018, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi.

Well if it wern't enough, today, ccleaner had an update, the website
said there wasn't one, but there was an update.

So what does this mean, you can no longer clean up old windows
instalations.

In addition to the monitering, ccleaner can run on your computer unless
you hit another button.

Even when things are cleared, it wasn't honoring my settings.

At first I tried the puran utilities, but I always liked ccleaner.

Anyway, there is a solution to this and also largely the accessibility
problems we face.

CCleaner portable is that solution, I was able to set it to startup
exactly how I wanted, you can run either 32 or 64 bit executable, I ran
the 32 bit version just because.

So, by default no monitoring no startup, no shortcuts, nothing.

I had to doodle round a bit but I was able at least in win7 to
accessibly well sort of anyway to set my options.

So you can just search for ccleaner portable on google and get this.

Place the following into the directory where you plan to have ccleaner
installed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m15toyhbsmdy5fb/ccleaner.ini?dl=1

Note due to dropbox limits, if someone can perminantly host this
somewhere or as many people as can have this up so others can grab it.

CCleaner uses an ini file for its settings and not the registry.

So what does the ini file have in it.

All the settings are set, no wipe space, no startup, no monitoring.

You don't need the inaccessible control panel, the privacy buttons in
the latest version seem gone to but oh well.

There are trial nag screens, updates currently are left active.

Note, for those with uac you will have to allow it through each time you
run it.

You will also have to go to options, and find settings you may have to
tab shift tab a few times to find it, and then check the boxes for the
open and run ccleaner from recycle bin and it will make those shortcuts
work.

Right now it also warns you of updates

This will give us ccleaner without avast, and the monitoring issues, and
extra junk piriform and avast seem deturmoned to foist on us poor users!

Its not much of a jesture of rebelion but as long as the ini file is
backed up and I don't plan to remove it any time soon it being so small,
we can probably use ccleaner with minimal configuration.

As long as the portable works.

Now the only reason I even bother with updates is because of win10 and
its servicing branch else I'd actually never bother updating it.

Bar the registry settings noncence there is no need to actually have it
installed at all.

All functions can run from it.







 

Well its never happened here but yeah I have ccleaner portable.

That does not make any tasks if ones ever got made.

But sadly, avast I don't know they may think its the best but its not.

On 7/25/2018 10:08 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
I eventually tracked the avast installation to a process in task manager written there by ccleaner even if you say no to avast. What it does is waits till you have forgotten all about it and the machine has been idle for a time then it craftily downloads avast and installs it. I caught it last time as it fell foul of my alteration to the startup on the registry program, and asked if it should start. I said no then I had a nice little round the mulberry bush morning of avastclear, which does not remove the task, and then searching for the task folder and removing it manually in safe mode.
I do feel that although Avast may see themselves as the bees knees of anti viruses,  doing this sort of underhand installing is going to turn the general public off them big time and we are especially vulnerable due to the programs  access issues. I used to like their system back before the accessproblems but since they have been buying up companies and trying to force their stuff on computers I find myself hating them instead!!
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Shaun Everiss" <sm.everiss@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2018 8:39 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] ccleaner again!


You don't but the setting are saved automatically but with the way ccleaner has gotten access wize I thought I'd just put it out there.

Latest installs will moniter your system and such even if you turn it off maybe I am missing something but I no longer can trust the installers and I don't need to now.




On 7/25/2018 7:22 AM, Eleni Vamvakari wrote:
Is this for the official portable version or the one on Portable Apps?
  Why would we need a special settings file when settings are saved
automatically?  What did you mean when you said it was inaccessible?
I'm a bit confused about all of this.  I'm using this version right
now and it looks the same as it always has.

https://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/ccportable

On 24/07/2018, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi.

Well if it wern't enough, today, ccleaner had an update, the website
said there wasn't one, but there was an update.

So what does this mean, you can no longer clean up old windows
instalations.

In addition to the monitering, ccleaner can run on your computer unless
you hit another button.

Even when things are cleared, it wasn't honoring my settings.

At first I tried the puran utilities, but I always liked ccleaner.

Anyway, there is a solution to this and also largely the accessibility
problems we face.

CCleaner portable is that solution, I was able to set it to startup
exactly how I wanted, you can run either 32 or 64 bit executable, I ran
the 32 bit version just because.

So, by default no monitoring no startup, no shortcuts, nothing.

I had to doodle round a bit but I was able at least in win7 to
accessibly well sort of anyway to set my options.

So you can just search for ccleaner portable on google and get this.

Place the following into the directory where you plan to have ccleaner
installed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m15toyhbsmdy5fb/ccleaner.ini?dl=1

Note due to dropbox limits, if someone can perminantly host this
somewhere or as many people as can have this up so others can grab it.

CCleaner uses an ini file for its settings and not the registry.

So what does the ini file have in it.

All the settings are set, no wipe space, no startup, no monitoring.

You don't need the inaccessible control panel, the privacy buttons in
the latest version seem gone to but oh well.

There are trial nag screens, updates currently are left active.

Note, for those with uac you will have to allow it through each time you
run it.

You will also have to go to options, and find settings you may have to
tab shift tab a few times to find it, and then check the boxes for the
open and run ccleaner from recycle bin and it will make those shortcuts
work.

Right now it also warns you of updates

This will give us ccleaner without avast, and the monitoring issues, and
extra junk piriform and avast seem deturmoned to foist on us poor users!

Its not much of a jesture of rebelion but as long as the ini file is
backed up and I don't plan to remove it any time soon it being so small,
we can probably use ccleaner with minimal configuration.

As long as the portable works.

Now the only reason I even bother with updates is because of win10 and
its servicing branch else I'd actually never bother updating it.

Bar the registry settings noncence there is no need to actually have it
installed at all.

All functions can run from it.