NVDA and Firefox annoyance

Armando Maldonado

Hello,
When I use firefox in the address bar, I hear NVDA voicing out the address, or at least trying to fill it in, even though I unchecked autofill. Is there a way to fix this annoyance? Thanks.
Armando

Chris

You will have to turn off auto complete in the about:config

In the address bar type

About:config

A warning may appear Then click continue anyway if asked

Then search for

browser.urlbar.autocomplete.enabled

and change it to false by hitting enter

then you are done!

When I use firefox in the address bar, I hear NVDA voicing out the address, or at least trying to fill it in, even though I unchecked autofill. Is there a way to fix this annoyance? Thanks.

Armando

Armando Maldonado

Thanks will try this.
Armando

When I use firefox in the address bar, I hear NVDA voicing out the address, or at least trying to fill it in, even though I unchecked autofill. Is there a way to fix this annoyance? Thanks.

Armando

Armando Maldonado

Hello, your tip worked, thanks for the help.
armando

When I use firefox in the address bar, I hear NVDA voicing out the address, or at least trying to fill it in, even though I unchecked autofill. Is there a way to fix this annoyance? Thanks.

Armando

Chris

You are welcome 😃