nvda very laggy on some websites with latest chrome

Josh Kennedy

Hi,

On websites such as this one:

https://www.windowscentral.com/chime-surface-go-only-decent-10-inch-windows-tablet

NVDA is very very laggy almost to the point of the site is nearly unreadable and its frustrating to navigate the site. I am glad I have the cheap inexpensive jaws home use license and Microsoft narrator as backups when NVDA gets real laggy like this. But even so, could this please be fixed so NVDA is nice and snappy on websites?

Thanks

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Chris

Which browser?

Firefox 61 is fine here no lagging

NVDA is very very laggy almost to the point of the site is nearly unreadable and its frustrating to navigate the site. I am glad I have the cheap inexpensive jaws home use license and Microsoft narrator as backups when NVDA gets real laggy like this. But even so, could this please be fixed so NVDA is nice and snappy on websites?

Thanks

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Antony Stone

Well, it states "latest Chrome" in the subject...

Antony.

--
Someone has stolen all the toilets from New Scotland Yard. Police say they
have absolutely nothing to go on.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Jackie

Josh, I'm definitively not having this probem, either on FF or Chrome.
Do you have any addons? If so, you may wish to consider pressing
insert q, then arrow down to "start NVDA w/all addons disabled", & see
if that resolves the issue. You may also wish to start Chrome in safe
mode as well if the above doesn't help.

On 7/26/18, Antony Stone <antony.stone@nvda.open.source.it> wrote:
[...]

Jackie McBride
https://brighter-vision.com

Chris

So it does 😃

Is that not the one that is laggy ?

What other browsers are lagging?

Well, it states "latest Chrome" in the subject...

Antony.

On Thursday 26 July 2018 at 19:53:20, Chris via Groups.Io wrote:

> Which browser?

> Firefox 61 is fine here no lagging

James Bentley <bentleyj1952@...>

Hi Josh,

I am having zero problems with the latest NVDA with its generic speech and the latest version of Chrome.

If you want to post a few more potentially glitchy web sites, I will see if I can confirm.

I am currently using an 8 year-old dual core processor running somewhre around 3.15 GB.

Regards,

James B

Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2018 12:15 PM

Hi,

On websites such as this one:

https://www.windowscentral.com/chime-surface-go-only-decent-10-inch-windows-tablet

NVDA is very very laggy almost to the point of the site is nearly unreadable and its frustrating to navigate the site. I am glad I have the cheap inexpensive jaws home use license and Microsoft narrator as backups when NVDA gets real laggy like this. But even so, could this please be fixed so NVDA is nice and snappy on websites?

Thanks

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Works fine in Waterfox.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

NVDA is very very laggy almost to the point of the site is nearly unreadable and its frustrating to navigate the site. I am glad I have the cheap inexpensive jaws home use license and Microsoft narrator as backups when NVDA gets real laggy like this. But even so, could this please be fixed so NVDA is nice and snappy on websites?

Thanks

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

He said Chrome, and that its better in Jaws, but the question is which chrome. I do not get people saying Chrome is fast, its always been spongy to me.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

NVDA is very very laggy almost to the point of the site is nearly unreadable and its frustrating to navigate the site. I am glad I have the cheap inexpensive jaws home use license and Microsoft narrator as backups when NVDA gets real laggy like this. But even so, could this please be fixed so NVDA is nice and snappy on websites?

Thanks

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Tyler Wood

The biggest problem I am having with chrome is it is using a ton of memory.

If I leave it open for long enough, it will eventually bring this machine with 16 gb of ram to its knees. And that is with me closing every tab after use.

NVDA is running pretty snappy with chrome for me even on my little asus transformer book t100 1st gen.

briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'