MS Onenote

Dan Beaver

How do we use Onenote with NVDA? Some of it seems accessible but some parts do not seem to speak.

This is under Windows 10 latest update with NVDA latest master.

Thanks.

Dan Beaver

Quentin Christensen

There are several versions of OneNote.  In Windows 10 they appear as "OneNote 2016 (Desktop app)" and the other simply "OneNote", which is the UWP version.

I haven't used them in awhile, but from memory the desktop version was better last I looked.

Are you familiar with what OneNote is and how to use it (conceptually I mean, rather than which specific keys though obviously that's important too!)?

Regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Dan Beaver

Quinton,

I am just beginning to learn what it is and how to use it.  It was recommended to me by a friend.  We want to use a tool that will let us access certain files from our phones and from our computers at all times and we were told OneNote will let us do this.

Thanks.

Dan Beaver

[...]

Felix G.

Hi,
for sharing folders and files between users and devices, I recommend using Dropbox, Google Drive or a similar cloud-based storage service.
Best,
Felix

Dan Beaver <dbeaver888@...> schrieb am Sa., 28. Juli 2018 um 15:00 Uhr:

[...]

As Felix noted, there are other things available if you simply want to share files.  Microsoft's own service is called OneDrive.  If you have purchased an Office 365 subscription, it includes an amount of OneDrive space and integrates well with File Explorer in Windows 10 (as does DropBox if you use that service instead).

There's not too much difference between the various services, though you do get more space with some than with others for free, or when purchasing other products or services (such as Office).

OneNote is more a tool for dumping information in a more freeform way than say Word, which you can store to use or come back to later.  Useful if you use that, but I think perhaps you were thinking of OneDrive rather than OneNote.

Regards

Quentin.

On Sat, Jul 28, 2018 at 11:18 PM, Felix G. <constantlyvariable@...> wrote:
[...]

To be honest I am unsure if its easy to work with but while its not fully accessible for storage, you can get up to 2tb on icloud, true it does cost a bundle but still.

Everyone with a gmail gets a google drive.

One drive is probably the best even over dropbox because its part of the system.

Dan Beaver <dbeaver888@gmail.com> schrieb am Sa., 28. Juli 2018 um

http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess