Topics

User configuration directory

Tage Johansson

Hello!
Does anyone know where the NVDA user config directory usually is located. I tried to click on the item in the start menu, but it seams to be an empty file instead of a directory.
Thanks in advance!
Tage

Richard Wells

Your user folder is in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\nvda and just replace UserName with the name of the logged on user.

On 7/27/2018 4:21 PM, Tage Johansson wrote:
Hello!
Does anyone know where the NVDA user config directory usually is located. I tried to click on the item in the start menu, but it seams to be an empty file instead of a directory.
Thanks in advance!
Tage

Adriani Botez

On the installed copy the folder is called systemconfig. Only in portable copies the foldeer is called Userconfig.

Best
Adriani

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 27.07.2018 um 23:21 schrieb Tage Johansson <frans.tage@...>:

Hello!
Does anyone know where the NVDA user config directory usually is located. I tried to click on the item in the start menu, but it seams to be an empty file instead of a directory.
Thanks in advance!
Tage

Roger Stewart

Don't think so. I just checked and I find an item on my installed copy saying explore user config. It's just in a different place. It's in app data under nvda but portable copy has user config in the nvda directory itself.

Roger

On 7/27/2018 4:58 PM, Adriani Botez wrote:
On the installed copy the folder is called systemconfig. Only in portable copies the foldeer is called Userconfig.

Best
Adriani

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 27.07.2018 um 23:21 schrieb Tage Johansson <frans.tage@...>:

Hello!
Does anyone know where the NVDA user config directory usually is located. I tried to click on the item in the start menu, but it seams to be an empty file instead of a directory.
Thanks in advance!
Tage

Hi,

I think there is a bigger problem here: the folder name doesn’t matter; what matters is if show hidden files and folders is turned on.

Cheers,

Joseph

On the installed copy the folder is called systemconfig. Only in portable copies the foldeer is called Userconfig.

Best

Adriani

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 27.07.2018 um 23:21 schrieb Tage Johansson <frans.tage@...>:

Hello!
Does anyone know where the NVDA user config directory usually is located. I tried to click on the item in the start menu, but it seams to be an empty file instead of a directory.
Thanks in advance!
Tage

Hi,

Turns out it might not have to do with showing hidden files and folders.

To the original poster: what ve3rsion of Windows is this, and can you locate folder contents after you tab around?

Cheers,

Joseph

I think there is a bigger problem here: the folder name doesn’t matter; what matters is if show hidden files and folders is turned on.

Cheers,

Joseph

On the installed copy the folder is called systemconfig. Only in portable copies the foldeer is called Userconfig.

Best

Adriani

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 27.07.2018 um 23:21 schrieb Tage Johansson <frans.tage@...>:

Hello!
Does anyone know where the NVDA user config directory usually is located. I tried to click on the item in the start menu, but it seams to be an empty file instead of a directory.
Thanks in advance!
Tage

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Yes you will not the warning when you try to use the config on liog in and this is because one copies into the other, including add ons so if any might be insecure you are warned.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

Am 27.07.2018 um 23:21 schrieb Tage Johansson <frans.tage@gmail.com
<mailto:frans.tage@gmail.com>>:

Hello!
Does anyone know where the NVDA user config directory usually is
located. I tried to click on the item in the start menu, but it seams
to be an empty file instead of a directory.
Thanks in advance!
Tage

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Ah well one of the first things I do after getting a new machine is make all files visible to my account and set myself as admin. Also where possible set all folders to the same list view, increasingly hard in 10, and I also make sure it can open explorer windows in a new process so I can see how a I got to where I am with alt tab. its no hassle with plenty of ram after all.

[...]

Felix G.

Hi!
For an installed NVDA, what I do is press Windows+R to bring up the Run dialog, then type %appdata%\NVDA which will take me to NVDA's user config.
Best,
Felix

briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'