windows 10 question

marvin kotler

Good evening group.  Is windows 10 still free for the disabled? I have been real sick the last few weeks, tried to get a book and did something in control panel and lost windows ten.  I am supposedly now using windows seven; screen readers like jaws or nvda do not work anymore.  Can I get windows ten back? Any help would be appreciated.
Marv

Lino Morales

Howdy Marv. Glad you are getting better sir. Yes for now you still get WIN 910 if you use a screen reader etc.

On 8/14/2016 11:54 PM, marvin kotler wrote:
Good evening group.  Is windows 10 still free for the disabled? I have been real sick the last few weeks, tried to get a book and did something in control panel and lost windows ten.  I am supposedly now using windows seven; screen readers like jaws or nvda do not work anymore.  Can I get windows ten back? Any help would be appreciated.
Marv

Quentin Christensen

Firstly, if you have previously had Windows 10 on that PC, then you can install it at any time afterwards, unless you change something major like the motherboard or CPU.

Otherwise, the free upgrade offer is still available for anyone using assistive technology.  You need to go to the following page to do it, but my understanding is that it works the same as the upgrade process previously has worked: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade

In terms of AT itself.  NVDA works well with Windows 10.  The current version is 2016.2.1 which you can get from: http://www.nvaccess.org/download/

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer

Direct: +61 413 904 383
www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

If no screenreader works then there is something very wrong with your windows 7, as I am using xp throughtto 10 with the latest version of nvda.
Might be a good idea to start from scratch if something has farted over the operating systm. It also might point to a hardware issue in the making or some malware.
Don't attempt to update a system with serious issues it will and I've done it far too often end in tears.
This is why in all previous windows I've use a piece of softwar called Errunt which backs up registry every day. Unfortunately its not running properly in windows 10, so if anyone knows how to make it able to save and restore as it does in xp and 7, do let me know its like performing without a net.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-