Force Focus Mode?

Larry Silvermintz <silvermintz@...>

How can NVDA be set to always use Focus-mode in Firefox?

Thank you!

Sarasota, FL

Simone Dal Maso

Hello,
you can't do it, and I really don't imagine a reason so you want to miss all contents.
The only thing you can do is pressing nvda+space in a webpage, so you go to focus mode for that page.
I have a website in Google Chrome in which only in focus mode I can find 4 links, but this is an exception, not the rule.

Il 02/08/2018 23:44, Larry Silvermintz ha scritto:
How can NVDA be set to always use Focus-mode in Firefox?
Thank you!
Sarasota, FL

Quentin Christensen

Hi Larry,

As Simone said, there isn't currently a way to do this.  Perhaps a good question to follow up with is, why do you want to?  Either there might be another way to accomplish what you need, or, of course if there is a good reason to do this, it could be something to consider adding.

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Larry Silvermintz <silvermintz@...>

I’m partially-sighted as are many people, so I am using NVDA with ZoomText.  and only in focus-mode can you use vital Accessibility features of Firefox, such as  “Search for text when you start typing”.  Also, the text highlighting doesn’t work correctly when not in focus mode.

It would be most valuable to have an add-on to force focus mode if NVDA really can’t currently do it.

What are the possibilities?

Larry

As Simone said, there isn't currently a way to do this.  Perhaps a good question to follow up with is, why do you want to?  Either there might be another way to accomplish what you need, or, of course if there is a good reason to do this, it could be something to consider adding.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Aug 3, 2018 at 7:44 AM, Larry Silvermintz <silvermintz@...> wrote:

How can NVDA be set to always use Focus-mode in Firefox?

Thank you!

Sarasota, FL

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Quentin Christensen

NVDA+shift+space temporarily disables NVDA's single letter (browse mode) navigation keys.  You can also force NVDA to switch between browse and focus mode by pressing NVDA+space, but again that is temporary, and also that one is a toggle (so it swaps between browse and focus mode and back if you press it again).

Regards

Quentin.

On Sat, Aug 4, 2018 at 4:16 AM, Larry Silvermintz <silvermintz@...> wrote:

[...]

Any way at-all to put the focus-mode settings into a config file please?