Add-on Updater: patch release candidate for update checking and key error problem

Hi all,

A test version of Add-on Updater is now available from:

https://www.josephsl.net/files/nvdaaddons/addonUpdater-20180803-dev.nvda-addon

This one should fix a regression where NVDA kept showing progress bar dialog when performing a manual add-on update check. Once this is working, I’ll release 18.08.4 to the public.

Cheers,

Joseph

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

The link is broken.

Could you post the new one

Gene nz

On 8/4/2018 12:34 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi all,

A test version of Add-on Updater is now available from:

https://www.josephsl.net/files/nvdaaddons/addonUpdater-20180803-dev.nvda-addon

This one should fix a regression where NVDA kept showing progress bar dialog when performing a manual add-on update check. Once this is working, I’ll release 18.08.4 to the public.

Cheers,

Joseph

Hi,

Yes:

https://www.josephsl.net/files/nvdaaddons/addonUpdater-20180804-dev.nvda-addon

In addition to the new link, this new patch should resolve continuous progress beep problem when trying to check for updates. If this is working, I’ll release 18.08.4 tonight.

Cheers,

Joseph

A test version of Add-on Updater is now available from:

https://www.josephsl.net/files/nvdaaddons/addonUpdater-20180803-dev.nvda-addon

This one should fix a regression where NVDA kept showing progress bar dialog when performing a manual add-on update check. Once this is working, I’ll release 18.08.4 to the public.

Cheers,

Joseph

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi Joseph

That looks as though it has done the trick. I just installed the latest add on the add on one then done a check for updates This time it told me there were none then gave me the option to close it. I can try a few more times later in the day but think i will get the same result saying there is none and the close button.

Gene nz

On 8/4/2018 12:34 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi all,

A test version of Add-on Updater is now available from:

https://www.josephsl.net/files/nvdaaddons/addonUpdater-20180803-dev.nvda-addon

This one should fix a regression where NVDA kept showing progress bar dialog when performing a manual add-on update check. Once this is working, I’ll release 18.08.4 to the public.

Cheers,

Joseph

Hi,

Thanks. Eventually you’ll be asked to update to 18.08.4.

[...]

Roger Stewart

This link doesn't work!  Please don't put out anything to us until all bugs are fixed!

Thanks.

Roger

On 8/3/2018 8:20 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

Yes:

https://www.josephsl.net/files/nvdaaddons/addonUpdater-20180804-dev.nvda-addon

In addition to the new link, this new patch should resolve continuous progress beep problem when trying to check for updates. If this is working, I’ll release 18.08.4 tonight.

Cheers,

Joseph

A test version of Add-on Updater is now available from:

https://www.josephsl.net/files/nvdaaddons/addonUpdater-20180803-dev.nvda-addon

This one should fix a regression where NVDA kept showing progress bar dialog when performing a manual add-on update check. Once this is working, I’ll release 18.08.4 to the public.

Cheers,

Joseph

Hi,

It should – when I clicked the URL, it was opened.

Cheers,

Joseph

A test version of Add-on Updater is now available from:

https://www.josephsl.net/files/nvdaaddons/addonUpdater-20180803-dev.nvda-addon

This one should fix a regression where NVDA kept showing progress bar dialog when performing a manual add-on update check. Once this is working, I’ll release 18.08.4 to the public.

Cheers,

Joseph

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Hi Joseph, it seems that the computer issue that made my machine unbootable was nvda trying to do an update while it was trying to tell me about an add on update. Can add on updates be made manual?

Quite what actually happened is hard to say, but nvda did a restart and when it tried to it locked up the keyboard.
 So the only recourse was to use the button but this time instead of  waiting a few seconds and booting into either safe mode or the normal boot it got stuck before this and somebody had to go into the bios and  tell it to reboot manually.

We have since proved this to be the issue twice, so on my installed copy, which is now reinstalled Add on updater has been removed and also I had to manually remove it from the folder in app data/nvda as well as we kept on getting  an error as it said it had a pending update but of course it had not add on updater so it got into a bit of a spin and completely scrambled nvdas keyboard input for no good reason I can deduce. Using the mouse my friend  got  my portable copy running instead then I went in and manually deleted the pending add on updater update and so far, fingers crossed no crashes of nvda with dead keyboard.
 Whether this is a specific windows 7  issue or a mismatch with another add on is not really clear, but I'll keep the add on updater in  my portable copy and see if that fixes the issue. I suspect 9 times out of ten, a button shutdown of windows will in fact work but now and again, not. somebody needs to invent a talking bios!
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

[...]

Rui Fontes

Hello!

With this version, entering the NVDA Settings Panel, and arrowing down in Categories, when arriving to Add-on Updater I receive the following error:
NVDA last Alpha in Windows 10 64-bit.

ERROR - unhandled exception (18:44:34.561):
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "gui\settingsDialogs.pyc", line 2474, in onCategoryChange
File "gui\settingsDialogs.pyc", line 569, in onCategoryChange
File "gui\settingsDialogs.pyc", line 547, in _doCategoryChange
File "gui\settingsDialogs.pyc", line 480, in _getCategoryPanel
File "gui\settingsDialogs.pyc", line 247, in __init__
File "C:\Users\tiflo\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\addonUpdater\globalPlugins\addonUpdater\__init__.py", line 108, in makeSettings
File "gui\guiHelper.pyc", line 280, in addLabeledControl
File "gui\guiHelper.pyc", line 158, in __init__
File "C:\Users\tiflo\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\addonUpdater\globalPlugins\addonUpdater\nvdaControlsEx.py", line 74, in __init__
TypeError: CheckListBox(): arguments did not match any overloaded call:
overload 1: argument 'choices' has unexpected type 'list'
overload 2: too many arguments
IO - speech.speak (18:44:34.598):
Speaking [u'Add-on Updater 14 de 14']
DEBUG - NVDAObjects.NVDAObject._get_placeholder (18:44:34.598):
Potential unimplemented child class: <NVDAObjects.IAccessible.sysListView32.ListItem object at 0x057ED830>