Contact

Ibrahim,

            Thanks very much for sharing the link.  As you suspected, a login is required to continue through to subsequent pages.  The first page is simply a series of radio buttons where you are asked what bank you have an account with and I can't see any more than that.

            Without knowing what the object that's misbehaving actually is, it's well-nigh impossible to make an educated guess as to what might work as far as interacting with it, at least for me anyway.

            I'm not great with object navigation, but the commands for same are in the Commands Quick Reference that you can bring up via the NVDA help menu.

           ~ Richard Dehmel

Ibrahim Ajayi

Hi Jonathan:
Thanks for your response. So, how do I turn off java script on the site.
Regards.
From Ibrahim.

On 8/6/18, Cohn, Jonathan <jcohn@...> wrote:
It sounds like the developer of your web page decided to create ther own
type of radio buttons but did not follow W3C ARIA techniques. Once you find
"Male" you could try routing the mouse to the word and clicking on it. There
is a chance however that this will not work either. And if the registration
page is so badly formed, that basic radio buttons do not work, there will
probably be accessibility issues on the rest of the site.

You could try turning off JAVASCRIPT on the browser and see if the site
progressively adjusts to this.

Jonathan

On 8/5/18, 4:50 PM, "nvda@nvda.groups.io on behalf of Ibrahim Ajayi"
<nvda@nvda.groups.io on behalf of kobisko@...> wrote:

Hi everyone:
I am having problems with filling out a form on a website. The
particular problem with the form is that I am asked to choose my
gender, and their is no combo box from which to make the selection,
and there is also no check box. Male female is listed, but the
selections cannot be made. I pressed the space bar on male, but it
wasn't selected. The form was not submitted.
Please has anyone ever had this problem at any time with any site? how
did you solve it. Or on the other hand, does anyone know of a fix to
the problem?
Hope to read a response or responses.
Very many thanks.
From Ibrahim.

Jonathan COHN

[...]

From Ibrahim.

Ibrahim Ajayi

Hi Brian:
Thanks for your response. This is the URL of the site. But if it
doesn't open, it means that there will be the need to log in, because
the page is for the update of my profile on the site. But try it to
see if it will work.
https://wu.quickteller.com/Account/UpdateAccount
Thanks to you Luke as well. As for the object navigation you talked
about, how is it done. I don't know about it.
Regards.
From Ibrahim.

On 8/5/18, luke scholey <l.scholey@...> wrote:
Try object navigation for this - it’s kind of hit and miss if it’ll work.
Luke

On 5 Aug 2018, at 21:47, Ibrahim Ajayi <kobisko@...> wrote:

Hi everyone:
I am having problems with filling out a form on a website. The
particular problem with the form is that I am asked to choose my
gender, and their is no combo box from which to make the selection,
and there is also no check box. Male female is listed, but the
selections cannot be made. I pressed the space bar on male, but it
wasn't selected. The form was not submitted.
Please has anyone ever had this problem at any time with any site? how
did you solve it. Or on the other hand, does anyone know of a fix to
the problem?
Hope to read a response or responses.
Very many thanks.
From Ibrahim.

--
Luke Scholey
Webmaster i/c Publishing

WWW.LUKESCHOLEY.CO.UK
All feedback and questions welcome. The site admin can be contacted at:
webmaster@...
All content copyright © 2012-2018 LukeScholey.co.uk
Confidentiality Notice:
This message and any attachments are private and confidential and may be
subject to legal privilege and copyright. If you are not the intended
recipient please do not publish or copy it to anyone else. If you have
received this message in error please notify the sender immediately by using
the reply facility in your email software and then remove it from your
system.
Disclaimer:
Although this email and attachments have been scanned for viruses,
LukeScholey.co.uk accepts no liability for any loss or damage arising from
the receipt or use of this communication.

luke scholey

Try object navigation for this - it’s kind of hit and miss if it’ll work.
Luke

On 5 Aug 2018, at 21:47, Ibrahim Ajayi <kobisko@...> wrote:

Hi everyone:
I am having problems with filling out a form on a website. The
particular problem with the form is that I am asked to choose my
gender, and their is no combo box from which to make the selection,
and there is also no check box. Male female is listed, but the
selections cannot be made. I pressed the space bar on male, but it
wasn't selected. The form was not submitted.
Please has anyone ever had this problem at any time with any site? how
did you solve it. Or on the other hand, does anyone know of a fix to
the problem?
Hope to read a response or responses.
Very many thanks.
From Ibrahim.

--
[...]

           If the form you refer to is not behind a login and is not private in nature, could you offer the URL of the page in question?

           This question is well-nigh impossible to answer in the abstract.

           ~ Richard Dehmel

Ibrahim Ajayi

Hi everyone:
I am having problems with filling out a form on a website. The
particular problem with the form is that I am asked to choose my
gender, and their is no combo box from which to make the selection,
and there is also no check box. Male female is listed, but the
selections cannot be made. I pressed the space bar on male, but it
wasn't selected. The form was not submitted.
Please has anyone ever had this problem at any time with any site? how
did you solve it. Or on the other hand, does anyone know of a fix to
the problem?
Hope to read a response or responses.
Very many thanks.
From Ibrahim.