Screen Curtain August 7th build: to go live in half an hour, website entry will return at the same time

Hi all,

Screen Curtain August 7th build will hit the air in about half an hour from now. This build includes following changes as a result of basic add-on review:

  • Settings: now configurable. You can now ask NVDA to not enable screen curtain when it starts (default behavior from now on). Also, the add-on is ready for configuration profile switches – that is, you can enable or disable screen curtain while in certain situations (using an app, for example).
  • Documentation: greatly improved. It now mentions new settings, toggle state, and a link to the actual NVDA issue is provided.
  • Toggle messages: instead of playing a tone whenever screen curtain is toggled, a message will be spoken and brailled. The tone will be heard if screen curtain is enabled when NVDA starts.

Also, this add-on will once again show up on add-ons website under development section as it has gone through basic review process.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Joseph

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi Joseph

Just downloaded the screen curtain add on hearing screen curtain on and off i like that much better than the beeps.

I also checked out the documentation as well and had a quick read.

I think maybe some people may know or some will not that you can asign a short cut key to turn it on and off. There was no mention in the help section or where to go if you are a new user of the add on.

I Until i looked under the gestures section then tools then screen curtain i did not know where this could be done.

Some people may not be aware you can asign a gesture to some of the add ons.

Do you reckon it needs to be mentioned or not just looking at it from a new user.

Gene nz

On 8/8/2018 6:31 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

[...]

Hi,

Gesture assignment: yes, it should be mentioned, and I’ll do just that for Screen Curtain for the next release (in September).

[...]

Narayan <krishnashree1221@...>

where can i get this add-on? please provide me link of this. thank you.

--
Shree

Narayan <krishnashree1221@...>

where can i get this add-on? please give link for this. thank you.