From: Rusty Perez
Sent: Thursday, August 9, 2018 8:06 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Screen Curtain August 7th build: to go live in halfanhour, website entry will return at the same time

Hi folks,

I've installed the screen curtain add on.

It appears to be running when I go in to the add on manager, but it

doesn't appear just under the tools menu. Also, it does not appear

when I search for it in the gestures / tools area.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

On 8/8/18, hurrikennyandopo ... <hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:

> Hi

> have a look on the following page these are add ons under development

> and has the add on updater as well as the screen curtain one and more.

> The link to this page is https://addons.nvda-project.org/dev.en.html

> Gene nz

> On 8/9/2018 2:41 AM, Brice Mijares wrote:

>> Where do you find this screen curtain?

>> On 8/8/2018 7:22 AM, Andre Vosloo wrote:

>>> Hi Joseph

>>> What a great add-on thanks very much.  Will assign a hot key soon.

>>> regards

>>> Christo

>>> On 2018/08/08 11:08 AM, abdul muhamin wrote:

>>>     Hi Joseph. Good work. After updating to the latest version of this

>>>     addon, it announces screen kirtan on and off. I’ve added a keyboard

>>>     shortcut also. Alt plus caps lock plus s.

>>>     Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for

>>>     Windows 10

Bhavya shah

Hi Joseph,

Excellent work. I have tested this functionality by trying this add-on
with NVDA 2018.3 Beta 2 on my Windows 8.1 system, and am happy to
confirm that it works as advertised. Having said that, I do have a few
comments:
• Having read the add-on documentation, it is still somewhat unclear
to me why there is a toggle option in the Tools submenu as well as a
check box in a separate category in the Settings dialog to enable or
disable the screen curtain. A clarification on the need for two
instances of these seemingly similar controls would be greatly
appreciated.
• It seems rather unintuitive and inconsistent to indicate the
presence of a screen curtain via a beep when NVDA starts but with
speech feedback when enabled during an NVDA session. For sake of
standardization at least, I propose (1) opting for only one of these
two indicators (preferably speech feedback) or (2) allowing a user to
choose either speech or the beep for both instances (feels like an
overkill).
• We may want to consider naming this feature differently since the
equivalent for Voiceover is also called screen curtain has been in
existence for a long time.

I appreciate the efforts involved in actualizing this long-standing
feature request, and hope that my above remarks will be discussed and
this add-on’s capabilities will be incorporated into NVDA core in the
near future.

Thanks.

On 8/10/18, David Moore <jesusloves1966@...> wrote:
Hi all!
I just installed the NVDA screen Curtin add-on, and it works great. Traci,
my wife confirmed that the screen went dark, and I was able to assign a
gesture to turn it on and off.
It seems like it is all working well for me.
I am using the latest alpha snap shot of NVDA, and Windows 10 1803.
Have a great one, guys, and thank you for all of your
work!
Sent from Mail for Windows 10

--
Best Regards
Bhavya Shah

Contacting Me
E-mail Address: bhavya.shah125@...
Twitter: @BhavyaShah125
Skype: bhavya.09

Hi,
Note that this is a proof of concept work, and yes, someone is thinking about working on it for Core.
Regarding speech versus beep at startup: the issue with speech is that, ideally, Screen Curtain message should be spoken last, but given all sorts of things that can happen - focus changes, add-on update notifications, toasts and what not, it is a bit risky to use this method for startup notification for now.

*From:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Sent:* Tuesday, August 7, 2018 9:04 PM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
[...]

Nika Tsiklauri

Hello! How to assign the gesture to the screen curtain?
thanks,
Nick.

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

Have a look under the following area in nvda nInput gestures then tools then screen curtain then asign a key.

Gene nz