how to start a connectgion with remote Addon?

Jaffar Sidek <jaffar.sidek10@...>

Hi all.  I need to be connecting to a client's desktop with NVDA soon.  How can I establish the address of the client's computer for me to connect to?  Should I ask him to ping his IP address and use that as the cooection or is there another way?  Cheers!

Richard Wells

It is better for both of you to connect to nvdaremote.com and choose your pass key either manually or letting the server choose one.

On 8/12/2018 7:38 PM, Jaffar Sidek wrote:
Hi all. I need to be connecting to a client's desktop with NVDA soon.  How can I establish the address of the client's computer for me to connect to?  Should I ask him to ping his IP address and use that as the cooection or is there another way?  Cheers!

Diana Kwok <dkwok2017@...>

Hi,
How about TeamViewer? However, I'm not sure how it would work with NVDA.
Cheers,
Diana.

It is better for both of you to connect to nvdaremote.com and choose
your pass key either manually or letting the server choose one.

On 8/12/2018 7:38 PM, Jaffar Sidek wrote:
> Hi all. I need to be connecting to a client's desktop with NVDA soon.
> How can I establish the address of the client's computer for me to
> connect to?  Should I ask him to ping his IP address and use that as
> the cooection or is there another way?  Cheers!

Brian's Mail list account

Yes its secure this way. Not done it lately myself though.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

It is better for both of you to connect to nvdaremote.com and choose your pass key either manually or letting the server choose one.

On 8/12/2018 7:38 PM, Jaffar Sidek wrote:
Hi all. I need to be connecting to a client's desktop with NVDA soon. How can I establish the address of the client's computer for me to connect to? Should I ask him to ping his IP address and use that as the cooection or is there another way? Cheers!

Brian's Mail list account

They are talking about the add on for nvda called nvda remote which is directly for the purpose of interconnecting two computers with nvda on them.

________________________________
It is better for both of you to connect to nvdaremote.com and choose
your pass key either manually or letting the server choose one.

On 8/12/2018 7:38 PM, Jaffar Sidek wrote:
Hi all. I need to be connecting to a client's desktop with NVDA soon.
How can I establish the address of the client's computer for me to
connect to? Should I ask him to ping his IP address and use that as
the cooection or is there another way? Cheers!

Chris Mullins

Hi
Download and install the remote add-on on both your own and your client's machines, then view the attached help file via theManage add-ons dialog. The different methods of connecting are described there.

Cheers
Chris