From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Cearbhall O'Meadhra
Sent: Saturday, August 11, 2018 5:53 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [SUSPECT URL!]Re: [nvda] Need to speed up Slow voice on Windows start-up

Chris, Brian, Sarah,

I found the source of the problem!

In the Ease of Access settings I had enabled both Jaws and NVDA to speak on the sign-in screen. JAWS was first, so I suppose it took control of the dialog. I found the miserable voice in the JAWS voice settings where MS SAPI 5 was set to a rate of 50 using David, which turned out to be the very voice that I was searching for. Anyway, there was no point in having two screen readers speak on the sign-in screen so I turned them both off. When I restarted I was then blind audially! However, I took a chance and typed my password in in the usual way and got back to the desktop in silence. I then went to NVDA and found that the start NVDA in the start-up window was now turned off I presume that this was as a result of changing the setting in the Ease of Access setting. I enabled NVDA alone at sign-up and now NVDA has control of the start-up screen with Eloquence speaking!

All the best,

Cearbhall