From: "John Isige" <gwynn@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, August 19, 2018 10:32 AM
Subject: [nvda] Twitter clients that work well with NVDA?

Hi all. Due to the changes in Twitter, I might have to change Twitter clients. I'm using Chicken Nugget but rumor has it that it might not be updated. So anybody got a recommendation for a client that works with NVDA and works with the new Twitter changes? I hear a lot about TWBlue and Tween. Ideally I'd like something pretty close to Nugget so I don't have to learn a ton of new stuff. I have no idea what's out there though, so figured I'd better ask.

Sarah k Alawami

It will not be updated in fact. Switch to TwBlue. It is still beeing updated and the developer is looking into mastodon support as well.

Take care

On 19 Aug 2018, at 10:32, John Isige wrote:

Hi all. Due to the changes in Twitter, I might have to change Twitter clients. I'm using Chicken Nugget but rumor has it that it might not be updated. So anybody got a recommendation for a client that works with NVDA and works with the new Twitter changes? I hear a lot about TWBlue and Tween. Ideally I'd like something pretty close to Nugget so I don't have to learn a ton of new stuff. I have no idea what's out there though, so figured I'd better ask.

Inam Uddin

TWBlue will be the best for you!

Charlsdarwin1

You can contact me via gmail:
inamuddin09@...

Inamuddin.ronaque@...

outlook:
inam092@...

yahoo:
inamuddin2010@...

Add my Skype ID:
charlsdarwin1
Meet me on facebook:
www.facebook.com/inamuddin786

Follow me on my twitter ID:
www.twitter.com/charlsdarwin1

Call me on my cell numbers:
+92-300-2227598

+92-334-3348409

Hi all. Due to the changes in Twitter, I might have to change Twitter

clients. I'm using Chicken Nugget but rumor has it that it might not be

updated. So anybody got a recommendation for a client that works with

NVDA and works with the new Twitter changes? I hear a lot about TWBlue

and Tween. Ideally I'd like something pretty close to Nugget so I don't

have to learn a ton of new stuff. I have no idea what's out there

though, so figured I'd better ask.

John Isige

Is there anything official on Nugget not being updated? That's cool that
TWBlue is still being developed, although I think this will be about the
fourth Twitter client I've switched to where that was the case and then
it wasn't, so ... I don't really care about other social support, I mean
it's cool that they're doing it, but I barely use Twitter as it is, I
don't need more dumbness in my life. I pretty much use Twitter to keep
up with a few people and that's about it, I don't think I've tweeted in,
let me look, other than one I sent yesterday and replies to people, my
last unprompted tweet was in February, and then there were a couple from
Nov. of last year.

Anybody know if TWBlue can import from Nugget? Be nice to have all of
the saved tweets and whatnot, possibly the keyboard layout too, I see it
supports it. I didn't see anything about importing but I just browsed
the docs quick, I didn't read them thoroughly yet.

On 8/19/2018 12:58, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
It will not be updated in fact.  Switch to TwBlue. It is still beeing
updated and the developer is looking into mastodon support as well.

Take care

On 19 Aug 2018, at 10:32, John Isige wrote:

Hi all. Due to the changes in Twitter, I might have to change Twitter
clients. I'm using Chicken Nugget but rumor has it that it might not
be updated. So anybody got a recommendation for a client that works
with NVDA and works with the new Twitter changes? I hear a lot about
TWBlue and Tween. Ideally I'd like something pretty close to Nugget
so I don't have to learn a ton of new stuff. I have no idea what's
out there though, so figured I'd better ask.

Well the new changes just mean no streaming.

I do use nugget for tweats, and to check things when away and for direct messages.

But I check the main twitter site daily and while I don't always get everything for that day I get enough of it that I am fine.

On 8/20/2018 5:32 AM, John Isige wrote:
Hi all. Due to the changes in Twitter, I might have to change Twitter clients. I'm using Chicken Nugget but rumor has it that it might not be updated. So anybody got a recommendation for a client that works with NVDA and works with the new Twitter changes? I hear a lot about TWBlue and Tween. Ideally I'd like something pretty close to Nugget so I don't have to learn a ton of new stuff. I have no idea what's out there though, so figured I'd better ask.

.

Lino Morales <linomorales001@...>

John. I’m sure that will still work TW Blue, Open Tween, etc. still work even your other 3rd party apps on other platforms such as IOS still work. Only thing you won’t get unless you use the official Twitter on IOS is push notifications. Streaming Tweets are gone, but you’ll still receive them every couple of minutes.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Hi all. Due to the changes in Twitter, I might have to change Twitter
clients. I'm using Chicken Nugget but rumor has it that it might not be
updated. So anybody got a recommendation for a client that works with
NVDA and works with the new Twitter changes? I hear a lot about TWBlue
and Tween. Ideally I'd like something pretty close to Nugget so I don't
have to learn a ton of new stuff. I have no idea what's out there
though, so figured I'd better ask.

Gerardo Corripio

Try TwBlue; I’e been using it since it first came out, with NVDA, and works great with NVDAA! Good luck!

Gera
Enviado desde mi iPhone SE de Telcel

El 19/08/2018, a la(s) 12:32 p. m., John Isige <gwynn@...> escribió:

Hi all. Due to the changes in Twitter, I might have to change Twitter clients. I'm using Chicken Nugget but rumor has it that it might not be updated. So anybody got a recommendation for a client that works with NVDA and works with the new Twitter changes? I hear a lot about TWBlue and Tween. Ideally I'd like something pretty close to Nugget so I don't have to learn a ton of new stuff. I have no idea what's out there though, so figured I'd better ask.

Inam Uddin

Dear, people are having the problem of authorization of their twitter account that’s why I have advised using TWBlue!

[...]

For you devs out there here is what else will brake in September, September 10 to be exact.

New Twitter limits coming on September 10. https://blog.twitter.com/developer/en_us/topics/tools/2018/new-developer-requirements-to-protect-our-platform.html

On 19 Aug 2018, at 16:16, Lino Morales wrote:

John. I’m sure that will still work TW Blue, Open Tween, etc. still work even your other 3rd party apps on other platforms such as IOS still work. Only thing you won’t get unless you use the official Twitter on IOS is push notifications. Streaming Tweets are gone, but you’ll still receive them every couple of minutes.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Hi all. Due to the changes in Twitter, I might have to change Twitter
clients. I'm using Chicken Nugget but rumor has it that it might not be
updated. So anybody got a recommendation for a client that works with
NVDA and works with the new Twitter changes? I hear a lot about TWBlue
and Tween. Ideally I'd like something pretty close to Nugget so I don't
have to learn a ton of new stuff. I have no idea what's out there
though, so figured I'd better ask.

Kwork

Yep, this could break a few more apps. I remember when something flagged TWBlue as bad, so new accounts couldn't be authorized for a while, and tweets broke. After sept, when's the next breakage? I imagine the day of the third party app to be limited. Chicken Nugget is already breaking. Yea me for not paying!
Travis

Hi all. Due to the changes in Twitter, I might have to change Twitter
clients. I'm using Chicken Nugget but rumor has it that it might not be
updated. So anybody got a recommendation for a client that works with
NVDA and works with the new Twitter changes? I hear a lot about TWBlue
and Tween. Ideally I'd like something pretty close to Nugget so I don't
have to learn a ton of new stuff. I have no idea what's out there
though, so figured I'd better ask.

Brian's Mail list account

Well as the ultimate stated objective of Twitter is to stop all clients being used, maybe its time to lobby twitter to add to their native site and apps the features the third party clients had.
Surely this has to make sense for commercial reasons.
if they want the whole cake so they can sell you stuff, then they should provide the same features or all the third parties will get together and support a different chat system than Twitter and that will be bad for Twitter.
I can say what I like as I always did hate the attitude of Twitter and never use it.

Proper chronological sorting in the way you want it, and auto refresh are it seems the main things folk wanted, and both are being phased out of the API. Surely they must eventually support it themselves?
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-