From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2018 6:34 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Onmouseover

I notice that the latest version of Jaws is now flagging these clickable elements on web sites. is this a good thing, and should nvda be doing the same?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

The command to move to the next mouseover element is semicolon.

But why do you think mouseover has anything to do with oververbosity?  All that happens when you move to a mouseover element is that JAWS announces the word "mouseover" after it announces the element.  If you don't use the mouseover simulation command on the element, that's all that happens.

Sent: Monday, August 20, 2018 11:07 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] OnMouseOver

Brian,

Could you please provide an example I know JAWS has keystrokes to jump to mouseover / clickable elements but was having trouble tracking down a recent issue on an non-NVDA system relating to over-verbosity of JAWS in some circumstances.

Thanks,
Jonathan Cohn
I notice that the latest version of Jaws is now  flagging these clickable elements on web sites. is this a good thing, and should nvda be doing the same?
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

Jonathan COHN

OK, my apologies since this is really getting off topic:

I am attempting to see if the below is still happening and if there is an issue with the code developers are using.

BEGIN Quote:

Jaws 15, 17, 18

Browser: IE11, FF 48, Chrome 54

Steps:

Issue:

Jaws reading the Quick Search tab, Advanced Search tab, circle cross close button and then reading the paragraph in the Quick search. In this paragraph

it is reading clickable after every line.

End Quote

Take care,

Jonathan