2018 beta 3

Don H

I have noticed with both beta 2 and beta 3 that often when in file explorer if I use the arrow keys to read the files in a folder that on what seems to be a random basis when I hit the down arrow NVDA does not read the next file name. If I arrow up then arrow down it usually reads the file name. Continue arrowing down and the same thing happens. Once it stops reading the next file name a continue pressing of the down arrow does not voice anything although my sighted help says the highlighted file continues to move down the list of files.
It is so random in nature I can't tell you how to duplicate it. Running the latest released version of Windows 10 with all updates.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I'm assuming this is only on windows 10? I used to get similar issues in 7, till I made sure the idling speed of the processor was at least 50 percent. I wonder if its also because there is indexing going on of the folder and that slugs the UI part of what nvda uses to readthe list?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2018 12:51 AM
Subject: [nvda] 2018 beta 3

I have noticed with both beta 2 and beta 3 that often when in file explorer if I use the arrow keys to read the files in a folder that on what seems to be a random basis when I hit the down arrow NVDA does not read the next file name. If I arrow up then arrow down it usually reads the file name. Continue arrowing down and the same thing happens. Once it stops reading the next file name a continue pressing of the down arrow does not voice anything although my sighted help says the highlighted file continues to move down the list of files.
It is so random in nature I can't tell you how to duplicate it. Running the latest released version of Windows 10 with all updates.

To be honest, while it does reduce my power a lot, I have processer at full all the time.

On 8/24/2018 10:23 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
I'm assuming this is only on windows 10? I used to get similar issues in 7, till I made sure the idling speed of the processor was at least 50 percent. I wonder if its also because there is indexing going on of the folder and that slugs the UI part of what nvda uses to readthe list?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Don H" <lmddh50@adams.net>

I have noticed with both beta 2 and beta 3 that often when in file explorer if I use the arrow keys to read the files in a folder that on what seems to be a random basis when I hit the down arrow NVDA does not read the next file name.  If I arrow up then arrow down it usually reads the file name. Continue arrowing down and the same thing happens.  Once it stops reading the next file name a continue pressing of the down arrow does not voice anything although my sighted help says the highlighted file continues to move down the list of files.

i did not see newer versions of windows, but fortunately windows xp is
not affected by this issue and i experienced this problem with windows
seven too.

On 8/24/18, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@gmail.com> wrote:
To be honest, while it does reduce my power a lot, I have processer at
full all the time.

On 8/24/2018 10:23 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
I'm assuming this is only on windows 10? I used to get similar issues
in 7, till I made sure the idling speed of the processor was at least
50 percent. I wonder if its also because there is indexing going on of
the folder and that slugs the UI part of what nvda uses to readthe list?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Don H" <lmddh50@adams.net>

I have noticed with both beta 2 and beta 3 that often when in file
explorer if I use the arrow keys to read the files in a folder that
on what seems to be a random basis when I hit the down arrow NVDA
does not read the next file name.  If I arrow up then arrow down it
usually reads the file name. Continue arrowing down and the same
thing happens.  Once it stops reading the next file name a continue
pressing of the down arrow does not voice anything although my
sighted help says the highlighted file continues to move down the
list of files.
It is so random in nature I can't tell you how to duplicate it.
Running the latest released version of Windows 10 with all updates.

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali