Free Synthesizers

kelby carlson

What are some free synthesizers available for NVDA besides Espeak? I know that things should be fine for awhile, but I want some alternatives and can't really afford to pay for anything at the moment unfortunately.

MS SAPI 5 and One Core.

           ~ Bertrand Russell

Jackie

What version of Windows do you run, Kelby?

MS SAPI 5 and One Core.

--

Brian *-* Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134

    The psychology of adultery has been falsified by conventional morals,
which assume, in monogamous countries, that attraction to one person cannot
co-exist with a serious affection for another.  Everybody knows that this is
untrue. . .

           ~ Bertrand Russell

Jackie McBride
https://brighter-vision.com

kelby carlson

Windows 10 unfortunately.

On Aug 26, 2018, at 1:09 PM, Jackie <abletec@gmail.com> wrote:

What version of Windows do you run, Kelby?

MS SAPI 5 and One Core.

The psychology of adultery has been falsified by conventional morals,
which assume, in monogamous countries, that attraction to one person cannot
co-exist with a serious affection for another. Everybody knows that this is
untrue. . .

~ Bertrand Russell

Jackie McBride
https://brighter-vision.com

Jackie

Then Brian V's response was right on the money, wherever the money went lol.

On 8/26/18, kelby carlson <kelbycarlson@gmail.com> wrote:
Windows 10 unfortunately.
On Aug 26, 2018, at 1:09 PM, Jackie <abletec@gmail.com> wrote:

What version of Windows do you run, Kelby?

MS SAPI 5 and One Core.

The psychology of adultery has been falsified by conventional
morals,
which assume, in monogamous countries, that attraction to one person
cannot
co-exist with a serious affection for another. Everybody knows that this
is
untrue. . .

~ Bertrand Russell

Jackie McBride
https://brighter-vision.com

Jackie McBride
https://brighter-vision.com

Larry Silvermintz <silvermintz@...>

Hi Kalyb,
Get TruVoice (my favorite, and other classic SAPI 4&5 voices here:
www.bytecool.com/voices.htm

What are some free synthesizers available for NVDA besides Espeak? I know
that things should be fine for awhile, but I want some alternatives and
can't really afford to pay for anything at the moment unfortunately.

-=-=

Kwork

Agreed. Windows 10 actually has better synths than my Windows 7 did, where I only had Microsoft Anna for SAPI 5. Now I have at least three choices, and possibly more, though I haven't figured out how to add them yet. I can't speak for Windows 8 as I never had it.

Travis

On 8/26/2018 11:09 AM, Jackie wrote:
Then Brian V's response was right on the money, wherever the money went lol.

On 8/26/18, kelby carlson <kelbycarlson@gmail.com> wrote:
Windows 10 unfortunately.
On Aug 26, 2018, at 1:09 PM, Jackie <abletec@gmail.com> wrote:

What version of Windows do you run, Kelby?

MS SAPI 5 and One Core.

The psychology of adultery has been falsified by conventional
morals,
which assume, in monogamous countries, that attraction to one person
cannot
co-exist with a serious affection for another. Everybody knows that this
is
untrue. . .

~ Bertrand Russell

Jackie McBride
https://brighter-vision.com

From a post I made on the Windows 10 for Screen Reader Users group, quoting a Microsoft technician who sometimes participates there with regard to adding languages, which also adds the voices for same if the language is noted as having text to speech as a feature:

As Shou-Ching Shilling stated earlier:  You can find the steps here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/22797

Yes, they work very well with NVDA.  As I noted earlier, most are OneCore synth voices, not SAPI 5 voices, so you do have to change your synthesizer in order to have most of them show up in the dropdown for choice of voice.

           ~ Bertrand Russell

Kwork

Got it. Thank you for the link.

On 8/26/2018 4:56 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
>From a post I made on the Windows 10 for Screen Reader Users group, quoting a Microsoft technician who sometimes participates there with regard to adding languages, which also adds the voices for same if the language is noted as having text to speech as a feature:

As Shou-Ching Shilling stated earlier:  You can find the steps here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/22797

Yes, they work very well with NVDA.  As I noted earlier, most are OneCore synth voices, not SAPI 5 voices, so you do have to change your synthesizer in order to have most of them show up in the dropdown for choice of voice.

           ~ Bertrand Russell

windows 8 used the same voices that windows 10 does but am not sure if the mark voice was added when windows10 came out or if it was present on windows8

I personally didn't use windows8 much so I can not be 100 percent sure.

.
--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Pico and although not developed much recently the speech player in Espeak is still there and works.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-