Words and lines repeat in the Mail app!

David Moore

Hi all!

I hope you can help me.

Lately, in the mail app, if I use the arrow keys to read word by word, or line by line, the same word, letter, or line will repeat, even if I am on another line, letter, or word.

When I try to correct my emails, I have to use the text commands to read with the review cursor, and press the command to bring the focus to the review cursor, and make the correction.

My messages read fine with the review cursor, but it is getting almost impossible to read my message with the arrow keys and the focus.

I am using latest alpha build, latest Mail app update, and Windows 1803.

It is the win10 mail app.

I have tried turning off my add-ons except for Windows app essentials, but it does not help.

Let me know if any of you are having this problem with the Win10 mail app with NVDA.

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Chris

Yes, same issue here as well, along with no speech output after using the mail app on some occasions but not all the time

Lately, in the mail app, if I use the arrow keys to read word by word, or line by line, the same word, letter, or line will repeat, even if I am on another line, letter, or word.

When I try to correct my emails, I have to use the text commands to read with the review cursor, and press the command to bring the focus to the review cursor, and make the correction.

My messages read fine with the review cursor, but it is getting almost impossible to read my message with the arrow keys and the focus.

I am using latest alpha build, latest Mail app update, and Windows 1803.

It is the win10 mail app.

I have tried turning off my add-ons except for Windows app essentials, but it does not help.

Let me know if any of you are having this problem with the Win10 mail app with NVDA.

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Do you actually reboot your machines regularly? IE even on windows 7 these weird sluggish problems occur if I just hibernate or whatever windows.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

[...]

Laptop is on most of the day and off at night but I Maybe reboot once or twice a day or when I have to for a update for example

And hibernation is disabled

briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

[...]

I keep my computers on as well, and I restart them often!

When I arrow down through a message, the same line repeats, and I have had to use the review cursor!

That is really weird!

[...]

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi David

Just to make sure I am replying from the mail app with the latest alfa snap shot. It does not seem to be repeating the letters in focus mode and does not seem to be repeating lines either. I will see also if it reads it bac and can be edited which I think it can.

I do not seem to be getting the same effect. Maybe your nvda.ini file has got curupt. If you are using a portable version may be delete out every thing in the folder and make sure it is empty then reinstall nvda into it and see if it fixes the problem

Are you using a installer version? Or a portable version?

Just hit the nvda key + letter T 3 times to mak     e sure the reply is in mail and got this Inbox - Outlook ‎- Mail

I know your level is set to debug which is good. I am not getting the same effect nvda latest alfa of last night and windows 10 ver 1803.

I just had to look up shortcuts on how to reply and send I have not used it since it was setup.

Gene nz