Best blogging software for use with NVDA

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Hi everyone,

I have decided to be brave and set up a blog on my site at www.multisensorydesign.ie to discuss various aspects of the approach and ideas for multisensory design as against purely visual solutions such as those that cause us such a nuisance.

I have been doing some research and WordPress keeps coming up. Is this the best option for managing a blog non-visually using NVDA?

All ideas and suggestion welcome!

Cearbhall

David Moore

Yes,

www.wordpress.com

is very easy to use, I have set up a blog on there, but still deciding what to do with it.

I definitely recommend Word press.

The .com is free, the .org site you pay so much, but you can create more professional looking blogs.

David Moore

                                                                                                                                                                                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I have decided to be brave and set up a blog on my site at www.multisensorydesign.ie to discuss various aspects of the approach and ideas for multisensory design as against purely visual solutions such as those that cause us such a nuisance.

I have been doing some research and WordPress keeps coming up. Is this the best option for managing a blog non-visually using NVDA?

All ideas and suggestion welcome!

Cearbhall

Jackie

He's already got a self-hosted site, David. So just install WordPress
into a subdirectory like blog & you're good to go, Cearbhall.

My free tutorials at www.wp4newbs.com should get you up & running.

On 8/28/18, David Moore <jesusloves1966@...> wrote:
Yes,
www.wordpress.com
is very easy to use, I have set up a blog on there, but still deciding what
to do with it.
I definitely recommend Word press.
The .com is free, the .org site you pay so much, but you can create more
professional looking blogs.
David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I have decided to be brave and set up a blog on my site at
www.multisensorydesign.ie to discuss various aspects of the approach and
ideas for multisensory design as against purely visual solutions such as
those that cause us such a nuisance.

I have been doing some research and WordPress keeps coming up. Is this the
best option for managing a blog non-visually using NVDA?

All ideas and suggestion welcome!

Cearbhall

Jackie McBride
https://brighter-vision.com

If you've got a self-hosted site, then WordPress is an excellent choice. It's very accessible from my experience. I've used the .com version of WordPress to create my own personal blog, and I'm loving it.
With a self-hosted WordPress installation, you can install your own plugins and themes. Heck, you can even turn it into a website, complete with a blog and a forum.

Sarah k Alawami

I personally use and loe wordpress on my own sites. I self host all of them.

Take care

On 28 Aug 2018, at 15:49, Cearbhall O'Meadhra wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have decided to be brave and set up a blog on my site at www.multisensorydesign.ie to discuss various aspects of the approach and ideas for multisensory design as against purely visual solutions such as those that cause us such a nuisance.

I have been doing some research and WordPress keeps coming up. Is this the best option for managing a blog non-visually using NVDA?

All ideas and suggestion welcome!

Cearbhall

There is no desktop blogging software that works with NVDA. None, so you will need to use web platforms and web editors. The only software that could be made accessible, but the developers say is too hard, to make accessible, is open live writer. That link is below. The closest thing to a desktop client you will get is blogging by email in mozilla Thunderbird or similar.

https://github.com/OpenLiveWriter/OpenLiveWriter