Nvda and thunderbird 60

Hi, I am using NVDA latest version and Thunderbird 60.
Now, when I am composing new email and if I have attached files to the email, if I tap after the subject field to read the attachments, NVDA didn't read the file names.
I am not sure if this is a NVDA bug or thunderbird bug.
William

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

Depending on the size of the file it may take a second or 2 to attach
it. Then if it is attached you can then tab down to hear it to confirm.

gene nz

On 8/30/2018 11:53 AM, Mr. Wong Chi Wai, William wrote:
Hi, I am using NVDA latest version and Thunderbird 60.
Now, when I am composing new email and if I have attached files to the
email, if I tap after the subject field to read the attachments, NVDA
didn't read the file names.
I am not sure if this is a NVDA bug or thunderbird bug.
William

no, I have been waiting for seconds and it still doesn't work.

hurrikennyandopo ... 於 30/8/2018 7:56 寫道:

Hi

Depending on the size of the file it may take a second or 2 to attach
it. Then if it is attached you can then tab down to hear it to confirm.

gene nz

On 8/30/2018 11:53 AM, Mr. Wong Chi Wai, William wrote:
Hi, I am using NVDA latest version and Thunderbird 60.
Now, when I am composing new email and if I have attached files to the
email, if I tap after the subject field to read the attachments, NVDA
didn't read the file names.
I am not sure if this is a NVDA bug or thunderbird bug.
William

John Isige

I've always had to tab a couple of times to get back to the message, then shift-tab gets you back to the attachments field and I think it will read them. I don't attach a lot of files so I haven't checked, but I'm pretty sure that's how it behaved last time and for quite a while before that n fact.

On 8/29/2018 18:53, Mr. Wong Chi Wai, William wrote:
Hi, I am using NVDA latest version and Thunderbird 60.
Now, when I am composing new email and if I have attached files to the email, if I tap after the subject field to read the attachments, NVDA didn't read the file names.
I am not sure if this is a NVDA bug or thunderbird bug.
William

Of course I knew that.

John Isige 於 30/8/2018 8:03 寫道:

I've always had to tab a couple of times to get back to the message, then shift-tab gets you back to the attachments field and I think it will read them. I don't attach a lot of files so I haven't checked, but I'm pretty sure that's how it behaved last time and for quite a while before that n fact.

On 8/29/2018 18:53, Mr. Wong Chi Wai, William wrote:
Hi, I am using NVDA latest version and Thunderbird 60.
Now, when I am composing new email and if I have attached files to the email, if I tap after the subject field to read the attachments, NVDA didn't read the file names.
I am not sure if this is a NVDA bug or thunderbird bug.
William

Hello,

Yes, you're right - the list of attachments seams to be broken or changed in Thunderbird 60 and NVDA does not read it. And yes, I can see the attachments in the list and pressing up/down arrow moves the focus between the items, but NVDA stays silent.

______
Best wishes,
Kostadin Kolev

На 30.8.2018 г. в 6:15, Mr. Wong Chi Wai, William написа:

Of course I knew that.

John Isige 於 30/8/2018 8:03 寫道:
I've always had to tab a couple of times to get back to the message, then shift-tab gets you back to the attachments field and I think it will read them. I don't attach a lot of files so I haven't checked, but I'm pretty sure that's how it behaved last time and for quite a while before that n fact.

On 8/29/2018 18:53, Mr. Wong Chi Wai, William wrote:
Hi, I am using NVDA latest version and Thunderbird 60.
Now, when I am composing new email and if I have attached files to the email, if I tap after the subject field to read the attachments, NVDA didn't read the file names.
I am not sure if this is a NVDA bug or thunderbird bug.
William

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Sounds like you need to raise an issue, its probably a simple fix.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

[...]

Remember if you raise an issue for nvda about his problem Jamie will probably see it at Mozilla as he is always watching nvda and might be able to advise what is going on at the Mozilla side as well. He is unlikely to see this discussion on this list.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

Hi, I am using NVDA latest version and Thunderbird 60.
Now, when I am composing new email and if I have attached files to the email, if I tap after the subject field to read the attachments, NVDA didn't read the file names.
I am not sure if this is a NVDA bug or thunderbird bug.
William

Thanks.

Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io 於 30/8/2018 16:26 寫道:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mr. Wong Chi Wai, William" <cwwong.pro@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2018 12:53 AM

Hi, I am using NVDA latest version and Thunderbird 60.
Now, when I am composing new email and if I have attached files to the email, if I tap after the subject field to read the attachments, NVDA didn't read the file names.
I am not sure if this is a NVDA bug or thunderbird bug.
William

Roger Stewart

I'm using Thunderbird 60 and nvda and I have no problems here. Works as it always has.

Roger