From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of brian
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2018 5:29 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] problem with the blind mice mart site and nvda

When I tried to sign up for an account and I tab from edit box to edit box all I hear is edit has auto complete on the latest version of fire fox. When I tried the same thing with ie 11 all I hear when I tab from edit box to edit box is edit. I have restarted nvda with add ons disabled and it's still the same. This problems has been going on for years now and they have not fixt the problem. This problem occures in every edit box on the site the contact form and the sign up for email newsletters. you can't fill out any form if you don't know what information is required in each edit box this makes the site not accessable like it or not. I have the latest version of nvda and the latest update of windows 10 app ecentials.

Brian Sackrider

brian <sackriderbrian45@...>

I just tried to go in to the site with webie and it just says edit when I tab from edit box to edit box.

Brian Sackrider

Hi, Brian,

Do you have the webbie browser? Maybe you can try with that one. Since webbie is text-based, maybe you might have better luck with it.
Rosemarie

When I tried to sign up for an account and I tab from edit box to edit box all I hear is edit has auto complete on the latest version of fire fox. When I tried the same thing with ie 11 all I hear when I tab from edit box to edit box is edit. I have restarted nvda with add ons disabled and it's still the same. This problems has been going on for years now and they have not fixt the problem. This problem occures in every edit box on the site the contact form and the sign up for email newsletters. you can't fill out any form if you don't know what information is required in each edit box this makes the site not accessable like it or not. I have the latest version of nvda and the latest update of windows 10 app ecentials.

Brian Sackrider

Don H

Running NVDA beta 3 on a win 10 system and edit boxes work fine. Using Google Chrome to access the site.

On 8/30/2018 7:53 PM, brian wrote:
[...]

Rosemarie Chavarria

I just tried the site with webbie and it's not accessible. These people should be ashamed of themselves--especially since they claim to be a site designed for use with screen readers.

When I tried to sign up for an account and I tab from edit box to edit box all I hear is edit has auto complete on the latest version of fire fox. When I tried the same thing with ie 11 all I hear when I tab from edit box to edit box is edit. I have restarted nvda with add ons disabled and it's still the same. This problems has been going on for years now and they have not fixt the problem. This problem occures in every edit box on the site the contact form and the sign up for email newsletters. you can't fill out any form if you don't know what information is required in each edit box this makes the site not accessable like it or not. I have the latest version of nvda and the latest update of windows 10 app ecentials.

Brian Sackrider

brian <sackriderbrian45@...>

I don't have nvda bada 3 maybe thats the problem if it works with google chrome that it only works with one brouser. Were you able tohear what you have to put in to each edit box?  Thats the problem with both fire fox and ie and webie.

Brian Sackrider

On 8/30/2018 9:01 PM, Don H wrote:
[...]

Gene

I don't know why you have the problem.  I looked at the site using an older version of NVDA and of Chrome and had no problem.  I also looked at it years ago and saw no such problem.

When I tried to sign up for an account and I tab from edit box to edit
box all I hear is edit has auto complete on the latest version of fire
fox.  When I tried the same thing with ie 11 all I hear when I tab from
edit box to edit box is edit.  I have restarted nvda with add ons
disabled and it's still the same. This problems has been going on for
years now and they have not fixt the problem.  This problem occures in
every edit box on the site the contact form and the sign up for email
newsletters.  you can't fill out any form if you don't know what
information is required in each edit box this makes the site not
accessable like it or not. I have the latest version of nvda and the
latest update of windows 10 app ecentials.

Brian Sackrider

Rosemarie Chavarria

I have the beta 3 version of NVDA and the site still didn't work. I'm surprised the site is accessible with just one browser.

When I tried to sign up for an account and I tab from edit box to
edit box all I hear is edit has auto complete on the latest version
of fire fox. When I tried the same thing with ie 11 all I hear when
I tab from edit box to edit box is edit. I have restarted nvda with
add ons disabled and it's still the same. This problems has been
going on for years now and they have not fixt the problem. This
problem occures in every edit box on the site the contact form and
the sign up for email newsletters. you can't fill out any form if
you don't know what information is required in each edit box this
makes the site not accessable like it or not. I have the latest
version of nvda and the latest update of windows 10 app ecentials.

Brian Sackrider

brian <sackriderbrian45@...>

    Gene this is a mystery why you don't have this problem and I have always had this problem when you tab from edit box do you hear what it say what you need to put in to the box? I don't.

Brian Sackrider

On 8/30/2018 9:07 PM, Gene wrote:
[...]

I should add that I'm not saying others don't have the problem but I suspect it is a problem limited to your or not many machines.  We'll see what others report.

When I tried to sign up for an account and I tab from edit box to edit
box all I hear is edit has auto complete on the latest version of fire
fox.  When I tried the same thing with ie 11 all I hear when I tab from
edit box to edit box is edit.  I have restarted nvda with add ons
disabled and it's still the same. This problems has been going on for
years now and they have not fixt the problem.  This problem occures in
every edit box on the site the contact form and the sign up for email
newsletters.  you can't fill out any form if you don't know what
information is required in each edit box this makes the site not
accessable like it or not. I have the latest version of nvda and the
latest update of windows 10 app ecentials.

Brian Sackrider

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Brian,

This is a mystery to me too. I was planning to buy a cookbook that has microwave recipes that you make in a mug but I don't think I'll shop on that site. I wonder if they ever will fix that site.

Rosemarie

On 8/30/2018 9:07 PM, Gene wrote:

[...]

    I don't know why they have not fixt their site yet if you can't fill out any forms you can't buy anything this site is not accessable.  You need to hear what gos in to each edit box when you tab from edit box to edit box if you can't then the site is usless.

On 8/30/2018 9:07 PM, Gene wrote:

[...]

I agree with you. There's no excuse for that site not to be accessible--especially since they're supposedly designed for use with screen readers. That's a disgrace!

On 8/30/2018 9:07 PM, Gene wrote:

[...]

    I also posted this on the blind tech list and I kind of got bashed I guess that some people feel that we should not express our problems when they should know better there is just no excuse for this problem to occure especially on a blindness site they should be ashamed of themselves. Their site should be accessable for all screen readers and all brousers.

Brian Sackrider

On 8/30/2018 9:07 PM, Gene wrote:

[...]

Jackie

Well, I find the arrow keys work quite well on that site. I suppose if
you're not into using them then yes, perhaps that will create a
problem, but really, all, the form is very accessible using arrow keys
& spacebar/enter appropriately.

On 8/30/18, brian <sackriderbrian45@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Jackie McBride
https://brighter-vision.com

Gene

You don't know they are even aware of the problem.  So far, we don't know how many people have the problem.  If they haven't tried the site with whatever conbinations of browsers and screen-readers cause the problem, then why are you assuming they know about it?  Let's see what others say.  I don't know what the situation is, but on another list, Brian said this happens with the latest version of NVDA.  Now, he said it has been a problem for years.  So what is the problem?  Is it limited to NVDA?  Does it occur with JAWS or another screen-reader?  Does it only occur with the latest version of NVDA?  If so, how do we know if it is a web site problem or an NVDA problem?

The site worked properly when I checked it.  I am not using the latest version of NVDA and I checked it with Chrome.

Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2018 8:06 PM

I just tried the site with webbie and it's not accessible. These people should be ashamed of themselves--especially since they claim to be a site designed for use with screen readers.

     I just tried to go in to the site with webie and it just says edit when I tab from edit box to edit box.

Brian Sackrider

> Hi, Brian,
>
> Do you have the webbie browser? Maybe you can try with that one. Since webbie is text-based, maybe you might have better luck with it.
> Rosemarie

Gene

I hear everything you would expect to hear on a form.

On 8/30/2018 9:07 PM, Gene wrote:
[...]

Please stop rushing to condemnation.  You have no grounds to not purchase from the site.  You don't know if this is a problem just with new versions of NVDA.  I looked at the site a number of years ago and I didn't use Chrome.  It worked properly.  Please get the facts about these kinds of situations before rushing to judgment.  If this is an NVDA problem, it is not a Mice Mart problem.  If it only happends in current or very recent versions of NVDA, then something has very likely changed in NVDA.  Once we determine if the problem is very likely an NVDA or a site problem, we don't know if the site has been contacted and how they have responded.  If it is there proboem, do they know about it?  You have no facts.

Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2018 8:17 PM

On 8/30/2018 9:07 PM, Gene wrote:

[...]

    somone who can fill out the contact form can contact them as I said I have always had this problem so that means for several versions of nvda so maybe we need an add on to read edit boxes when you tab from edit box to edit box so you can hear what you need to put in to the edit boxes.

Brian Sackrider

Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2018 8:17 PM

On 8/30/2018 9:07 PM, Gene wrote:

[...]

I didn't bash you.  I responded strongly to your disparagement of the company and saying how horrible and disgraceful that the site is not accessible.  You said they should be shut down.  You had no facts.  All you knew was that the site didn't work in your browser.  You didn't know if it was a general problem or a problem that effects only or mostly you.  You didn't know if the problem is experienced with only NVDA or with other screen-readers.  You didn't know if it was experienced on one browser or in general.

I consider it very inappropriate to attack a site, and even more so, the site of a small business owned by blind people when all you know is that it doesn't work in your browser combined with your screen-reader.

You bashed the company and I sent a very     strongly critical message.  I don't know what your definition is of bashing but when you bashed the company, I responded strongly and I didn't mince words.  I said nothing objecting to people discussing problems.  Of course people should discuss problems if they wish.  I have no objection to you discussing it.  I do object to you bashing and making accusations and saying they should be shut down.  You have no facts to justify making such statements.